1. Pokemon Go...your thoughts? Are you playing? Do you even know what it is?
Yes! All of us here in this house are playing. None of us are "addicted". I don't go outside searching for them. The kids do sometimes. It is sure a crazy fad that has taken over the world!! I think it will soon fade away. There will be some who will continue to hunt and play but the fad will die out.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?
I can't remember collecting anything as a child. My childhood memories are spotty, at best. Neither of my kids were really into collecting anything either. I have a doll collection now. I am embarrassed to say that I have spent a crazy amount of money on some of these dolls. I don't collect anymore but I still have them. Richard collected "everything"! Miniature construction equipment. Trains. Tools. I never stood in any line for anything but Richard did the year he bought me the Cabbage Patch Kid. And we traveled all over the state of Kansas to find Justin a Transformer for Christmas. They were so popular in the 1980's.
3. "Collect moments, not things"...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
I have not collected a moment yet this summer. But I do believe in "collecting moments, not things." I have some plans in place to collect a few "moments" before Darian leaves.
4. What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
Ha! Ha! Everything in my house is collecting dust at the moment. Once a year I get on the task of dusting all the dolls. And I am telling you it is a big task. It is when I talk to them. Hold them. Remember why I purchased each one. And then put it back on the shelf until next year. I do still enjoy looking at them. But sometimes all of these collections just become part of my background. Know what I mean??
5. A favorite song relating to time?
My favorite song relating to time is Kenny Rogers, Through The Years. This song was special to Richard and me. We played it at his memorial service.
6. What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
My most frightening encounter with wildlife had to do with an incident that took place in our local park and a mother bison. We had stopped to see the newest baby bison and my boys and I was standing next to the fence watching the baby. The mother was grazing near the back. Suddenly she charged the fence. I tossed my kids out of the way and we got out of there. That is why you should only view them from the safety of your car.
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
No! I would never want to travel to the moon! I don't like flying across the United States. I can't even begin to imagine the fear I would have flying to the moon. Nope, you can go. I'm not.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Summer if my favorite season. I love the sun shining. I don't mind the heat. (Unless I can't ever escape it). I like the outdoors. I love fresh fruit and vegetables that come in the summer months. We are enjoying fresh Georgia peaches right now. The best!! And the last of the fresh strawberries. Yummy! And making my own Peach Tea makes me happy! I'm sure the calories are loving my hips, too!!