Sunday, June 12, 2016

An Unsettle Life List

LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW....

The sun has set. The moon is out. We had a rainstorm earlier this evening and now it is muggy, muggy, muggy. Tomorrow we are expecting some more thunderstorms! YaY! Just kidding

AS I PONDER....

I am pondering this past week. I am not sure why but things just felt a bit unsettled here. I am feeling on the verge of tears a lot. I just want things to go smoothly. Is that really asking so much. Maybe this will be a more settled week.

WHAT I AM LEARNING...

I am not sure what I am learning right now! Maybe that is the problem. I am not learning!! I'm tired. I am not liking living with teenagers right now. I need a break. Or a vacation. 



WHAT I 'M CREATING...

I got my mantel done in time for Flag Day! Will leave it up for most of July too. I also made a really yummy Jello type salad this evening. So that is a type of creating, huh?


WHAT I'M READING....


I am still reading Keeper of the Spirit by Ruby Storm. Just haven't spent much time reading. And I am not into romance much right now, so I can't get interested. See, I told you I was feeling unsettled. 

WHAT I'M WATCHING...


I have been watching Single Dad Seeking on TLC. Is anyone watching? I am glad I am not in the dating world. I could NOT date a single dad like any of those on the show. Especially Mike. 

WHAT I'M HEARING...


Right now I am listening to a show on TV that is called "Lawyer on the Line". A real life lawyer is Wichita, Kansas gives legal advice on TV. Interesting. 


WHAT'S ON MY CAMERA...


My mantle



WHAT I'M DRINKING....


I am drinking a tall glass of iced tea. I brewed it with the cold water tea bags. Have you tried them? Pretty good. And quick, too!










WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE KITCHEN...


Monday...Hamburgers, Cherry Jello Salad

Tuesday...Dorito Taco Salad

Wednesday...Kids will eat with youth group

Thursday...Southwest Chopped Chicken Salad

Friday...Fish Sticks & French Fries

Saturday...Spaghetti & Garlic bread

Sunday...Shepherds Pie & Strawberry Dumplings


A QUOTE I WANT TO SHARE...








LOOKING FORWARD....

I am still trying my best with looking forward. But we are coming up on the two year anniversary of Richard's death and there are times when I feel like it just happened. I think this might have a bit to do with why I am feeling so unsettled right now. Just have to feel the pain for the moment and then I'll be able to move on again.


Happenings in my backyard...

The grass needs mowed again! I am going to arm myself with some heavy-duty bug spray and get out there and do some work on the outside this week. Those darn mosquitoes look like crows and I have more than a few bites on me. They seem to love me so much. They rarely bit Richard. I wonder why some people are just not bothered and others are.

A peek into my week...

Another week of shuttling people to where they need to be. Harley starts her job this week. She is going to be a teacher's aid in swimming lessons. So I'll be taking her and picking her up from the pool. Her first class is tomorrow evening and it is with pre-school age kiddos. We haven't seen Paige and Justin for a couple of weeks now. Paige has started working for a place in Wichita called ICTea.
It is a new Tea shop that is selling boba tea. Boba tea is a black or green tea that's then flavored. There will be 20 flavors to chose from. And then they add tapioca pearls at the bottom to add a texture to the tea. This kind of tea is very popular in Taiwan and China. They will also serve Vietnamese appetizers.  




Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/carrie-rengers/article81168587.html#storylink=cpy


A final thought...

I am very saddened by the shooting in Orlando this past weekend. This country is going to have to decide how we are going to handle these continued gun violence issues. And another person who was on the FBI watch list that wasn't very well watched. It is so sad that so many young people lost their lives. Prayers for all of their families and friends. 

32 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - love the mantle ... and I'm sure you're anxious re your grandkids growing up and developing their lives - you've done a wonderful job with them.

    Florida is just so appalling to hear about ... with thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I have done that great a job with them. But they are growing up and will making their own way soon. I think I am looking forward to that!

      Delete
  2. I, too, an saddened and disheartened by Florida, but it is symptomatic of so many negative changes that our country has experienced over the last 20-30 years. After getting the news and watching the programing for about an hour, I decide to turn it off. Trying to be more selective about what I let into my own personal life experience.

    Sorry I won't be joining you this week with my life prompts. Between taking care of my son's new puppy this weekend (a full time job), a visit with my sister today in VA and a ton of to-dos before I get both of my son's dogs back for a week starting on Friday - there isn't much time. Be back next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay Elaine. We have to do what we have to do! Have a good week with your grand-pups!

      Delete
  3. I wonder if your unsettled feelings are due to the major transitions going on? Graduation, enlistment, the impending anniversary of Richard's passing... those are all unsettling in and of themselves, but all together, they're a lot. Sending much love your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right Kwiz! Sending love back your way!

      Delete
  4. I think the administration needs to take a stand on declaring there are radical people out there "hell bent" on causing terrorist acts against Americans and needs to stop blaming it on this or that and speak the truth. Its just so sad all the young lives lost; I've read all the lists of names released so far and sooo young, sooo sad for their parents and other family members and friends; yes, lots of prayers indeed!

    It is an unsettling time for you. Lots of changes coming up in the year ahead with Darian going into the service, Harley being the only one at home, etc., etc., etc. Life was "routine" with them in high school; you drove them around a lot, but now they are branching out to other things so a new "routine" has to be gotten, make sense?

    Congrats though to Harley and Paige for getting jobs! A great thing to have especially to help deal with "summer boredom" and earn a little pocket cash!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that something needs to be done. I don't know what it is but it sure needs looking into. There are just going to continue being radicals that want to strip us of our freedoms. I am sure that is right about my feeling unsettled.

      Delete
  5. Seems like there is a lot of changes you are dealing with along with the anniversary of Richard's death so no wonder you feel unsettled. I hope this week is better for you. I have no words about what happened in Orlando. Just the fact that he was on the FBI watch list makes me sick. They could have prevented that. That tea sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not exactly sure what the FBI knew about him. But something needs to be looked at closer!

      Delete
  6. GN loves boba tea. Congrats to the working grands! A big shout out to you for the big part you play in their lives. Your mantle looks great! love what you did. I haven't heard of cold water tea bags. Interesting. I love iced tea. Hope this week is kind to you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lipton Cold Tea Bags. My favorite. They make such a crisp glass of iced tea. I'm hanging on Gram!

      Delete
  7. A friend told me this about the sorts of things teenagers do and say that seem unforgivable right now: it's done to prove to themselves they'll always have us to rely on, though not necessarily on their terms. It's part of separating themselves, but keeping us as friends for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter what we do or say they grow up and go their own way!!

      Delete
  8. Being unsettled can't be easy. I hope this phases passes quickly but anniversaries are always a difficult time and you have so much else going on. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. I hope it passes quickly too.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling unsettled and a bit emotional. One can only be strong for so long before their heart says, "time out"!

    That's it ..... You need a grown-up time out! Could you call in the troops and escape for a couple days to a nearby hotel w/ a spa and room service? Ah, I wish it were that simple. Believe me, I used to long for that sort of thing.

    The mantle looks fabulous, and I'm happy to hear of the girls' new jobs. I never heard of Boba tea, but the tapioca pearls sound really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how a grown up timeout sounds appealing. But for now it is just not in the cards!! Maybe someday. I am not a spa kind of girl but I could sure hang out in a motel with a nifty room service. And lots of wine!!

      Delete
  10. Yes, I am sure that this anniversary has you very unsettled. Be kind to yourself, breathe, and cry when you need to. Your mantle looks lovely. Know that I am holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been so busy that in itself makes me feel unsettled...then I get behind and the feelings double. You are always on the go...and such a good Gram!! Your mantle is just perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cleaned my deck, but it needs to be stained. They keep predicting rain, so I hold off and yet I still haven't seen anything. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to do something to my patio. I haven't yet decided what!!

      Delete
  13. Your mantle looks so great!! Sending you hugs! I was in the ER over the weekend and I feel like poo. I need to post on my blog but I have no energy or no time because I'm working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holli! I hope you are feeling better really soon!

      Delete
  14. You figured out why you're feeling unsettled. So, allow yourself to cry.

    Our weather has been a bit muggy, too. Well, muggy for us. And I'm reminded of this time twenty *mumble mumble* years ago when I graduated from high school. Same weather. So, typical for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That tea sounds like the Bubble Tea I've heard about.. haven't tried it yet though! So sorry you are feeling unsettled, but you have some good reasons. Don't be too hard on yourself. We sometimes just have to feel the feelings, as they say. You are one busy lady with caring for your grandchildren.. what a special grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that Boba tea is another name for Bubble tea.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!