Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Warm and Wonderful Hodgepodge

Welcome to Wednesday! It has been awhile since I have participated in Wednesday Hodgepodge so I am jumping on board again today. If you would like to join us, just hop over to Joyce's This Side of The Pond. Let's get started.

1. I read a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a bit, but basically...

Go on a trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, go on a run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, visit a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city.


Which thing on the list do you most want to do? Of the activities mentioned which one holds the least appeal? How many on the list will you attempt in June? What's one thing you would add to the list?


I will treat myself to a summer boquet! I love having fresh flowers on the dining table. I'm sure I'll also read at least one book in June. The one I am reading is long. Hopefully I'll get through it this month. The one that holds the least appeal to me is taking a whole day long hike. I am just not that into hiking anymore. I'm pretty sure I won't be making a swing for my house either. LOL! I won't even tell you the images that brings to my mind.....


2.What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful?

Oh how I struggle with this thing called peace. For the most part I have peace. But I worry about everything. I worry too much! I worry about things I have no control over. I have had friends tell me to just let go and let God. Yeah, right! Easier said than done. For TODAY I will let go of perfectionism. For today I will not beat myself up for anything I do wrong!! How's that?

3. June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Swiss mocha, Rocky Road, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Peanut butter and Chocolate, or a plain dish of chocolate...what's your pleasure?

One thing I did not do today was celebrate National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. I don't care much for chocolate ice cream. I am a vanilla ice cream kinda gal. I might add a bit of chocolate fudge to it. But I am sticking with vanilla as the base!

4. If you came with a warning what would it say?

Oh there would be a few....Beware:Don't speak to me until I speak to you early in the morning....Caution: Approach carefully if I am pissed...Do not wake me unless there is blood or broken bones or a fire (that is one I used for my boys when I was a night shift nurse)

5. What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week?




6. Spring, summer, autumn, winter..which season on you? Why?

I am Summer! I love the heat. I love the sun. I love the smell of freshly mowed grass. I love the feel of warm dirt in my hands when I am pulling weeds. I love to pull weeds. I love to plant and tend flowers. I love to swim. I love to eat a warm tomato plucked off the vine. I love watermelon juice dripping off my chin. I love BBQ! Yep, I am summer! 

7. "You lose sight of things...and when you travel everything balances out. ~ Daranna Gidel
Would you agree with that sentiment? Why or Why not?

I don't know that I agree with this. I think you can be balanced and not travel at all. I love to travel but I think those days might be behind me. I am glad Richard and I traveled as much as we did when he was still able. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Well it looks like we are going to have our first woman Presidential Candidate in the USA. I'm pretty sure Hilary Clinton will get the nomination from the Democratic Party. Now we have a few more months of this pathetic campaign year before we can quit listening to all the silliness going on. I am no where closer to picking who I am going to vote for. Are you??


36 comments:

  1. Most of those thirteen things I would not do...I know I am a party pooper but I am allergic to strawberries and an all day hike just might kill me, indoor flowrers make me sneeze and my eyes water, I will do the book.
    I would feel more peaceful IF all my windows were washed.
    I don't care for chocolate ice Cream.
    My warning would say "look out she is grumpy"

    I am a cusp person, I like the part when spring firsts turns to summer and the air is crisp and the same thing in the Fall, I love cool mornings.
    I wish we could travel more, it is a production...O2 and IV Meds that need refrigeration...
    Politics...who is the lesser of the evils...?? I think I know.
    I would have voted for Hillary if she had kicked her unfaithful husband to the curb way back when:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I loved your answers. I don't know that I hold it against Hilary for not kicking her cheating husband to the curb. I truly do believe a marriage can survive that. But it takes a lot of work on both parts. I have yet to decide which is the lesser of the evils!!

      Delete
  2. I'm sad I missed chocolate ice cream day yesterday. I'll just have to make up for it today ;)

    I do know who I'm going to vote for. Have known for months. So, it's easy for me to ignore all the political blather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you can ignore the blather. I love that word!! Hope you had some chocolate ice cream today!

      Delete
  3. All the political hoopla is beginning to wear on me. Things have gotten so ugly, it's ridiculous. I don't even like listening to the news, anymore, or reading the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except for the watermelon juice on my chin, I love all those things about summer that you mentioned. I just don't like the extreme heat that we get. The politics have been a circus for too long and it is sickening what it has become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. Oh but I love me some watermelon!

      Delete
  5. I've known all along who I would vote for and it hasn't changed...
    as far as ice cream - I'm a chocolate kind of girl! Well I'm that way with most desserts!!

    I do not like to talk when I first get up. Just give me about 15 minutes please! but no one seems to be able to do that - grrrrrr!!!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. At least let me drink some coffee first!

      Delete
  6. Give me fall or winter anytime!! I hate being hot and add hot flashed to the mix, Summers are brutal.
    I am bummed I missed the chocolate day. I love rocky road but my favorite is chocolate almond.
    Right now my sign would be : don't worry she always cries now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that with those hot flashes. Even the winter can be miserable. I always cry now too my dear friend!!

      Delete
  7. You are given a lot to write about here and for us readers a lot to think about. I know who I am not going to vote for since I have been a passionate supporter of civil rights all my grownup life. I would have said winter, but this past winter I realized that I'm getting a bit old for snow and cold, so fall, I think, or spring. Spring in Sweden, but I don't live there. Chocolate but no icecream mixed in and now I'm taking up too much room here. But this is a really great exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join us sometime in this exercise Inger. I like chocolate too and without the ice cream

      Delete
  8. Dang, I was hoping you'd be taking a road trip. You know, since you enjoy hot weather! :) Then, I was really bemused by your answers to #6. Aside from BBQ, I try and avoid everything you mentioned, at all costs!

    I really think this stuff called peace (of mind) isn't very realistic. 'Don't mean to sound harsh, but I WORRY(!) that some folks don't have a clue what's really going on!

    I've no doubt who's getting my vote, but my poor cuticles are sure suffering the effects of this election season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about peace of mind. I think it is impossible not to worry. I was born to worry. I wish I could take a road trip this summer Myra. I'd come see you in Arizona.

      Delete
  9. Honestly, I was hoping for different candidates; can we have a redo perhaps?

    I'm with you about worry; I know I shouldn't, but I find myself doing it nonetheless :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think a redo is possible. I wonder what the outcome will be!!

      Delete
  10. So glad you answered the way you did for #7. The quote seems to presuppose that those who don't travel can balance things out. Good for you to treat yourself to a summer bouquet!! I will exercise my right to vote, but I'm afraid it will also reflect my opinion of the circus this has been. My vote will be a write-in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A write in is a good idea. Unfortunately there won't be enough to make a difference. Yes, I like treating myself to bouquets of flowers. And some nice Lindor Truffles now and then too.

      Delete
  11. I feel quite depressed when I think about the election. I do know much can happen between now and then but I'm certainly not at all happy with our options right now. In a nation filled with brilliant, creative, industrious people it's sad that this is what we put forth to run our nation. Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your answer to #4. I used to be horrible in the morning too. But then I stopped drinking coffee and it made a difference. Interesting huh? I loved the way you described how you are a summer person. Do you really love to pull weeds?
    I'll just say I know who I would never vote for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting Lynda! I DO really love to pull weeds. I always have loved it. Once I get myself out there and get started I love doing the job. I love the alone time. I love the feeling of the earth and the sun. And I love how good it looks when the weeds are gone.

      Delete
  13. I'm still looking for a viable candidate in the field that is left. I may stay home or write in. There is no way I'm hiking in Texas in June. You hike in Texas in March or October. As to worry, the most oft repeated command in the Bible is "fear not". Trick that helped me, every single time you start to worry, turn those worrisome thoughts into prayers!

    Barbara from Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you on the hike: Yeah, those days are behind me. And go for a run? e-gads! No thanks!

    I'm a vanilla gal too! I like -- no, love -- chocolate, but not chocolate ice cream.

    michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Michele. Chocolate anything but ice cream. I wonder why that is!

      Delete
  15. I do know who I am voting for but it is the best of two bad options for sure. Wanna come pull my weeds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to pull your weeds. You can cook for me and Frank can make me drinks. How much fun would that be???

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!