Saturday, April 2, 2016

My Simple Woman's Daybook-April 3rd Edition

For Today...

Because I am doing the A to Z Challenge in the month of April, I will be posting my Simple Woman's Daybook on Sunday.


Outside my window...

Outside my window it is dark and clear. The stars are sparkling in the sky. The temp is still 69 degrees. I still have windows open at 10:00 p.m.

I am pondering....

I am pondering the fact there is only 6 weeks of school left. What the heck happened to this school year?

I am coloring...

For the mantle




I am thankful...

I am thankful my computer was easily fixed with a new power supply unit and it only cost me $75....however, while hooking things back up we discovered my speakers do not work and my external hard drive doesn't work. He took it with him when he left to see if he can figure out what is going on. Probably the same power surge fried them! I will be getting a surge protector as soon as pay day rolls around. Until then I unplug everything from the wall at night! And if it looks stormy!

I am pinning...





Don't these look yummy. I am going to adapt some of them for our Whole 30 which will be starting soon. Leave out the cheeses and make some other minor adaption. I love eating salads at this time of the year. Do you?












I am creating...

Today Harley and I created a banner for Spring. And we are working on changing over the Easter mantle to be a spring mantle. I need to go to the store and buy some fresh flowers and then I will show you what we have been up to!




Moving Forward...

As I move forward towards my new, single life I like these words from Walt Disney!










I am reading...

I am still reading A Prayer for Owen Meany!

On my camera...


Harley's shadow

The shadows of the Locust tree

The shadow of the lawn chair

See that little rabbit
Chicken strips for dinner


Harley and Granny selfie in the kitchen


In My Kitchen...

Monday...Sloppy Joes

Tuesday...Southern Cornbread Salad

Wednesday...Kids eat at church

Thursday...Beef Stroganoff

Friday...Hash and fried eggs

Saturday...No plans

Sunday...No plans


On My A to Z Challenge finds...

One of my favorite things about the A to Z Challenge is finding new blogs. The very first day I bookmarked one that I plan to return to and dig deeper...Quietude Road. Many of my 'besties' have come from this challenge!




A Favorite Quote for Today...









A peek into my week...
Not much going on this week. I will be relaxing and enjoying my book on Monday. Tuesday Darian will have Forensic practice. Wednesday they have youth group at church and on Thursday he is again off with the Marines for PT. No plans on Friday...(psst it is my 65th Birthday)! Saving plans for the weekend. Maybe someone will take me out to dinner on either Saturday or Sunday...hint! hint! (Hope they read my blog this week) 65! That is a milestone. I don't feel 65! However that feels. But I am now signed up for Medicare! 






Postscript...

I will link with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog. I don't think she has put up the new monthly link. But when she does you will find me there! Hurry back for C-H this week!







37 comments:

  1. southern cornbread salad sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. I have never made it but I am going to try it this week. I'll let you know how it turns out!!

      Delete
  2. Interesting post and nice to get a glimpse of you. I hope you get your birthday wishes and have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! I do one of these every Monday!

      Delete
  3. Well Happy early Birthday Paula. I hope your entire Birthday month is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we have an inch of snow on the lawn furniture. Won't last. A surge protector is the best thing you can do for your computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I am glad we have no snow here. Yes, I will be getting a surge protector!! I am a believer now

      Delete
  5. I need to follow in your footsteps and make weekly menus, ahead of time as I often forget I'm supposed to cook. Then it's too late and the frozen dinners comes out, which is not so good for you. I like the Disney quote and I will check out that blog. Also, Happy Birthday in Advance as I may just forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine cooking for one is hard. I will find out in a couple of more years!! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

      Delete
  6. That selfie is Precious ... why, your expression looks plumb mischievous. I like the hair, too. It does appear that you've blond highlights :)

    I need to clip that positive attitude quote to my car's dashboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am mischievous!! Blond highlights! Sorry, but I laughed. It is really quite gray! That is the only way I can get by with a positive attitude. If I think I am annoying someone!!

      Delete
  7. Look at your cute haircut! Congrats on getting through the Medicare red tape. Loved the shadow pix. Fun! It does feel like salad time, doesn't it? I mean we can eat them whenever, but when spring arrives, there is a salad sort of feel . . . I think. The ones you have pinned look appealing. Sending good wishes for a wonderful birthday week . . . all week. It's a milestone. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need a haircut!! I wear it much shorter usually. Thanks for the birthday wishes! And yes, let's drink to salads!!

      Delete
    2. Meet you at the back fence for that drink! ��

      Delete
    3. I was thinking that very same thought!!

      Delete
  8. I'm going to have to check Pinterest for salads; I do like eating them during the hot summer months. A milestone indeed to turn 65! Added benefit to get Medicare (whatever they will cover, LOL :) I liked the shots from your camera; especially the one with you and Harley:)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! I am not looking my finest but she wanted to do a selfie!!

      Delete
  9. Harley is a beautiful girl and looks like grannie. I wish I had my dinner menu figured out. Tomorrow we are having fried chicken livers. That is what my 85 year old mother has been wanting to eat. I like them too. I just hate the mess of frying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much (and from Harley too) She is a beauty! Fried chicken livers! Yum! My husband loved the gizzards and I loved the livers. I probably won't fix them now with the grands living here. I hate frying too. But I made fried chicken tenders yesterday!

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday later in the week! I hope you do something special just for you!! I will be the 65 in September, I guess it is just another number I must get used too...although I was 63 for several years... atleast in my mind:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! I hear that! Thank you for the birthday wishes!

      Delete
  11. Happy almost Birthday! The A to Z Challenge is great for finding new blogs. Glad I found yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I most love about the challenge. Thank you for the birthday wish!!

      Delete
  12. I, too, found Quietude Road through AtoZ! I'm impressed that you're blogging on Sundays, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of time and lots of stories to tell. This is something I always do on Monday!

      Delete
  13. Hi! Found you through the Simple Woman's Daybook. Funny, we are both beginning the Whole30. Is this your first time? It is for me, although I have done the 21 Day Sugar Detox before, and I do try to eat Paleo most of the time. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this will be our first time on Whole 30! Thanks for the Happy Birthday

      Delete
  14. Hi! I found you through the Daybook also! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I am thrilled to have you visit me!

      Delete
  15. Summer salads? Those days are coming ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salads in the summer are the best. But I love them year round

      Delete
  16. I enjoyed your daybook. I have used a power surge protector for years. They work. I live in AR and we get a lot of storms in the Spring. I hope you have a wonderful week. Doylene
    https://doylene.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/the-simple-womans-daybook/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!