Saturday, April 16, 2016

My Simple Woman's Daybook-April 16th Edition

Hello friends! Taking a break today from the A to Z Challenge. It is more than half way over.


For today...

Today is Saturday, April 16, 2016.


Outside my window...

It is dark and there are no stars. We are waiting for the rain to come! We need it. I currently have no outdoor faucet so I pray for rain to help turn my grass green. I have been receiving flood warnings on my phone all day. I'm not worried because I live higher up than the town. But flooding is never a good thing. 


I am pondering...

Tonight was prom for Darian. He was excited. And I think a bit nervous. They are dancing now and then have an after-prom party at the local Alley (which provides bowling, laser tag, go-carts, etc.)Sounds like a super lot of fun! In other big news at our house, Harley had her very first date on Friday night! Blush, giggle, blush. (She gave me permission to tell you)


I am learning...

Matthew 6:26-27
Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add single hour to his span of life?





I am creating...

Menus!! And grocery lists. We are starting the Whole 30 on Monday. Getting ready for it all day tomorrow!!




Moving Forward...




I am reading...

I finished reading A Prayer for Owen Meany and will give a review when it is R day on the A to Z Challenge. What a book!! I have started Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I have never seen the movie or read the book. So far I am enjoying it. It is a very long book. Almost 1,000 pages. I am reading it for the book club I joined. It will be our July book and I need a head start. In June we are reading Blonde which is another long book.


On my camera...


Granny & Darian

Kat & Darian
Darian with Paige & Harley


Kat and Darian

Being siblings


In My kitchen...

This is the week we start Whole 30. You can go here to see what we are eating this week. Wish us luck!!

On my A to Z Challenge...

Some of the blogs I have bookmarked seem to have stopped in the midst of the challenge. Hopefully I will find some others. There is a lot of blogging going on among my friends.



A favorite quote for today...




A peek into my week...

This week Darian has Marines on both Wednesday and Thursday. He goes to Wichita on Wednesday to become acquainted with some drill instructors from San Diego! Otherwise, just a normal week here. 

In my backyard...

I have been raking and cleaning in the backyard. There are so many small tree limbs from our ice storm. I am going to see how much a small dumpster would be to have delivered and picked up for this removal. And piles of leaves. We will also start trimming down the pampas grass. 

Postscript...

I am linking with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog. Come and check it out!!

25 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures of Darian and his date :) I hope they had a delighted time at the prom and then the after prom! How cool with Harley and her first date too! Special times and memories being creative at your household :)

    I absolutely loved Gone with the Wind; like I might have mentioned, read it a lot in my high school years. At parts I couldn't put it down, just had to read some more. I was in love with Clark Kent and never knew what she saw in Ashley (I hope I'm not giving away too much of the book).

    That section in the book of Matthew is a favorite of mine (really the whole sermon on the mount is great; I wish I could live like that, not to be worried or anxious, but I think I get some of that from my growing up years from my mom being anxious about things and worried, but God was faithful. He loves the fatherless and the widow and we always had what we needed :)

    I've noticed in my "work" as a minion for the A/Z Challenge a lot of people get stuck around G/H. A lot of blogs I visit have had no visitors or comments, I wonder if that makes one get less motivated to participate? Of course on the other side of the coin, I visit more than return visits to my blog, so it is an interactive thing. I can't believe in 2 weeks we'll be wrapping it up!

    and before I forget, because I will, I am enjoying your A/Z. I know a few weeks ago you were thinking of not doing it or weren't inspired with themes like before, but I have enjoyed what you have written :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a really good time. And it was a really short night. He got home at 3 a.m. and we had to get back up at 8 a.m. for Driver's Ed. Yikes. Naps this afternoon!! I am enjoying the book so far. I haven't gotten past page 50 though. Justin and Paige are here this weekend. I am enjoying the memorization of Matthew 6. It really helps me get into the true meaning of the Bible. They used to do a post about those who had followers (A to Z) less than 100 and those were the ones I would try to follow. Thank you for your kind words about my challenge. I am enjoying it, after all. I am also enjoying getting to know a bit more about Arizona! :)

      Delete
  2. I really look forward for your sunday posts :) Will def do something like this for my blog, inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will join us. I usually do this on Monday's but you can chose whatever day of the week you like. Or do it as often as you like

      Delete
  3. Great photos. Thanks so much for sharing your kids with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to believe how close we are to the end of the school year. And summer is so busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we will be as busy this summer as summers past. I hope to have them both working. Darian got a good job for when school is out and up until he leaves for boot camp. And Harley is still looking!!

      Delete
  5. Wow! You dug into a BIG book in Gone with the Wind! Good thing you have enough lead time before July. I hope the prom was a fun evening for all. Hope Harley had a great first date. Good luck with the Whole 30, too. You are such a busy woman! And if you are thinking about a dumpster, then wow! that's a lot of limbs down! I have an idea about that. Why don't you ask your not-nice naeighbor for the contact information of the elderly man who she hired to cut down your Hawthorns. Maybe he would come and pick up the limbs for you . . . and put them in HER yard!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge book!! That is why I am starting it now. I have two of those to get through before July! Harley had a fabulous first date. And Darian and Kat had so much fun at prom. Yea, Justin thought the idea of a dumptser was out. He thinks I just need to find someone with a pickup. Time to call on my friend. That is one of the things Mrs. McGregor said to me was "when the power company cut your trees they put them in my yard." I just told her I was sorry THEY did that!!

      Delete
    2. Oh dear. What the power company did isn't your fault.

      Delete
    3. You wouldn't think it would be, would you?

      Delete
  6. 'So glad you shared the kids' photos!
    I can't help but feel bad for Kat when Darian leaves for the Marines.

    I've seen GWTW a dozen times or more, but never tried to tackle the book. For the most part my family hailed from Massachusetts, but I suspect Ms. Mitchell's book seeded my Confederate sympathies. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we are already hearing all about how Kat feel about him going to the Marines. But, he isn't going to let it stop him. If there relationship is meant to be it will survive. If not, then it wasn't meant to be.

      Delete
  7. I'm reading The One-In-A-Million Boy by Monica Wood. I think you might like it! I'm considering doing a mini A to Z challenge on my own....
    Pondering it...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you should do a mini A to Z!! Yes! I will put the book on my list Linda.

      Delete
    2. I started today on the A to Z challenge....

      Just my own little thing - not linking up...

      Linda in VA

      Delete
  8. You are such a good writer, maybe there's a book in your future. Your family looks so lovely. I can feel how proud you are of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good week, Paula! Though I am sure things were hectic with the prom preparations. He's a handsome young man! Good luck with the new diet!
    Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! He is very handsome but them I am pretty partial!!

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to read your thoughts on Owen Meany. I love that book!!! Good luck with the new eating plan, I'll be following that journey. Darin looks so handsome in his tux.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!