Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Koala Bear

The A to Z Challenge takes us on a journey through the month of April. We write Monday through Saturday and take Sunday off. Hence, 26 days and 26 letters of the alphabet. Come in and see what snippet I'm sharing with you today.



I once held a koala bear in my arms. It is true. We were visiting the Rainforestation in Cairns, Australia. This is a park that allows visitors to experience Australia's natural beauty and some of their traditional cultures. There were huge crocodiles, small crocodiles, kangaroos, wallabies and snakes of all kind. I spotted the koala bear and I wanted to hold him. The guide put him into my arms. I placed his "leathery" little butt in my hands. He dug his huge claws into my shoulder and my arms. We both hung on for dear life (well, him more than me). It was one of the best experiences of my entire life. I am so glad a picture was taken so that you would believe I really held a live koala bear!!



33 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - lovely photo and wonderful memories ... a great K too .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would treasure that experience forever, Paula. A couple we know visited Australia for the first time a few months ago, and the woman getting to hold a koala was the highlight of her trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the highlight of my trip too! An experience not many get to have!

      Delete
  3. PS (And you might want to delete this comment) Just wanted to let you know I'm giving away another Le Creuset pan today. You entered the giveaway of the 3.5-quart, and now they've come out with a 2-quart stainless steel saucier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean for letting me know. I have almost no luck with most of these drawings. I would love to win!

      Delete
  4. Such a cute picture of you and the koala :) What an adventure that must have been!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so cool! So they really do hug tightly, huh? nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, that is soooo awesome!! I want to hold a koala. The picture is priceless. I can only imagine how fantastic that was. I got to pet a sloth once and I thought that was the bees knees. I would love to hold a sweet koala!! GREAT picture!!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I thought he was sweet. LOL. Sloths are fun too!

      Delete
  7. What an amazing 'once in a lifetime!!!' moment. You look so happy, m'friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It has been one of the special moments of my life!!

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness! Tht has to be one of the best experiences! Cute little thing! You look right at home dojng that. What a great memory to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorite memories of my life!

      Delete
  10. I have traveled very little--but Australia is on my short list of places I would love to visit. That picture is priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Masked Mom! You really should try to go. At least once!

      Delete
  11. LOVE this picture! Koalas are so friendly!
    This park in Cairns sounds so familiar, I am pretty sure we were there on our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a wonderful park it was, don't you agree??

      Delete
    2. And a wonderful park it was, don't you agree??

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!