Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Simple Woman's Daybook-March 7th Edition

For Today... 
 
It is Sunday, March 6, 2016


Outside my window...

It is dark out tonight. And fairly warm at 65 degrees. We are going to have some possible severe weather this week. I will have to stay on top of that.







I am pondering...

I am pondering what I need to do this week to get ready for a houseguest coming. I am also thinking about the Reagan family. Nancy and Ronald Reagan..what a great love story!! RIP Nancy!


I am thankful...

I am thankful for my washer and dryer. It runs constantly!


I am pinning...
 
 
http://lifemadefull.com/40-simple-whole30-recipes/
 



















 

I am creating...

I am creating my weekly menu and my future Whole 30 weekly menu that I will post on my blog Our Adventures into Whole 30 and Beyond. And here is my Easter Mantle.


My Easter Mantle


Easter Mantle


Easter Mantle


 


I am reading...

I have just downloaded The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Stout. I recently finished Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote. You can see my review here.


Moving Forward...

Martin Luther King was a wise man. I am slowly crawling forward. One of these days I will get up and run before I fly!!





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On my camera...

Actually these come from Harley's camera this week

Harley and Paige

Harley and Paige

Harley with haircut


Harley watching the girls Varsity BB
game on her computer


Her Geometry Test
B+
 
 
 

























 

 
 

 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am learning...
 
 

This week Matthew 6-16

"and when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.


In my backyard...

I need to re-fill the bird feeders and pick up some more tree branches. And the gophers continue to build hills.
 


In my kitchen...
 
 
Monday...Kitchen sink Omelets
 
Tuesday...Hamburger Gravy
 
Wednesday...Harley at church
 
Thursday...Open
 
Friday...Open
 
Saturday...Open
 
Sunday...Spaghetti and garlic bread



What I am coloring...


For the Easter mantle to celebrate
St. Patrick's Day
 


 



 
 
 
 
 


A favorite quote for today...


 



 
 
So true!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A peek into my week...

This week is so up in the air. We have nothing going on Monday. I will catch up the laundry. And gather some peace. On Tuesday, Darian has Forensic practice. On Wednesday Darian is going for 2 days to Oklahoma for MEPS (I linked it if you are interested) which is his physical exam, job selection, and being sworn into the Marine Corps. (swallow, swallow) So I am not sure when he will be home on Thursday and that is leaving my menu planning up in the air. Harley is going to a Christian Rock Concert on Friday evening and we don't yet know if Darian is going to have a weekend Forensic tournament. Justin and Paige will not be here next weekend. But my brother is coming from Louisiana to spend a week while he is closing on his house. 


 


 


Post Script...

I am going to link with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog. Come on over and join us!
 


****************************

30 comments:

  1. Our pastor preached on Matthew 6:1-18 today at church; he's been doing a Sermon of the Mount series to end Easter. I struggle with fasting; I know it is important, just not sure how it all ties into things, but think I'll be doing lots of fasting in the days ahead to the upcoming presidential election.

    I think we are sending wild weather your way; we had thunderstorms and gusty winds today.

    So neat Darian's career path; I'm sure he'll do great with it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'll be fasting too in those days. Yes, we had the gusty winds here today so the thunderstorms are coming. I think Darian will do well also. It is just a big scary. For me, not him

      Delete
  2. Yes my thoughts are with you over Darian and the Marine Corps - our nature is to protect them but I am sure he will do very well and he needs to carve out his own niche in the world using all the tools you've given him :) Nancy's death made it to our UK news and her unfailing support when Ronald began to suffer from Alzheimer's. Your bible quote on fasting has made me think maybe I should undertake this for the first time - any pointers on how to go about it will be gratefully received and your other quote with the lion pic is oh so true!! Here's to a good week, Paula :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he will do well too. It is just hard to let them go. Nancy was, without a doubt, Ronald Reagan's biggest supporter and protector. Fasting can take on many forms besides food. I think that fasting from social media is what is good for me right now!

      Delete
  3. Kitchen Sink Omelettes! Sounds *interesting*!!! lol. Maybe stuffed with goodies?

    I have a nephew who is a Marine (once a Marine, forever a Marine). He was glad of the experience but left the Corps at his first opportunity! It opened many doors for him after he left. A lot of loyalty between Marine brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what it is. Clean out the fridge of all bits of meat and veggies!! Thanks for that for Darian

      Delete
  4. Hi Paula - pretty good score for geometry .. love Paul Coelho's quote and King's .. both so true ... Wonderful photos of Harley and Paige ... I hope all goes according to plan for Darian. Enjoy your brother's visit .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She works hard on her geometry. Math doesn't come easy for any of us here in this house.

      Delete
  5. You've got a lot going on this week. Special prayers for Darian. I read the "Burgess Boys," too, and liked it, but "Olive Kitteridge" is still one of my favorite books ever. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look into Olive Kitteridge. I love when I get recommendations from fellow bloggers!

      Delete
  6. The Burgess Boys is based on actual events that took place in Lewiston, Maine (which is about 4 hours south of me). I remember when this went on. It made the book more relatable to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I am enjoying it. I wondered if it was based on a true story but I had not had time to research it yet!

      Delete
  7. Paula, thanks for the visits to my Kranky Granny site. Delighted to meet another of Myra's friends. She is indeed the angel you called her. Yes, we have a lot in common. Your meme today interest me and I hope to start particapating (if not today than next week). Hope you find the Rules for a Knight book. It is perfect for you Grands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should do this!! It is like a journal to me and a diary from me for my grandkids!! Can't wait to get to know more about you Kranky!!

      Delete
  8. I hadn't heard the term "kitchen sink omelet" in forever! (I love 'em, but can never remember how it's spelled!)

    Your mantle looks really pretty ... especially with that spot o'green! (*smile*)

    Congrats to Harley on her geometry results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra! I remember that special day with a spot of green!! I never remember how it is spelled either. Oh how I love spell check.

      Delete
  9. The Marines only takes a few good men, it will be fine! The GU Bill is a good thing too! You will have a busy week! We are getting to be more spring like here! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad he chose the Marines!! Yes, it is getting more spring-like here too. And with that goes Tornado Season

      Delete
  10. What is a kitchen sink omelet? Love the quotes and the pictures of the girls are so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a Kitchen sink omelet is where you put everything but the kitchen sink in....but instead, we went to our local rib places and had ribs for dinner

      Delete
  11. You've got a lot on your calendar. I hope you enjoy seeing your brother again. Congrats to Darian. He gets to start his Marine dream. He has certainly had his sights set on that for a while. The pix pf the girls are fun. Congrats to Harley for her Geometry test score. Very respectable! I hope you all stay safe with the weather you are expecting. You are a mantle master!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will enjoy my brother. Who knows when he will come again once his house sells. I am very nervous for Darian but I know he will be happy. Thanks for the congrats. Yes, it is a good grade. She has struggled with geometry this year but is now on the right track. Oh a mantle master!! Thank you!

      Delete
  12. Your mantle looks lovely. Good luck to Darian, be strong....he will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The SOH CAH TOA at the top of Harley's test cracked me up. Seems like they encourage that in all geometry classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly had not even noticed it Liz. She had to come and explain it to me!

      Delete
  14. You've got a lot going on! And I love the pictures, especially the second one. I wish I was organized enough to keep up something like your mantle ~ which is so cute! (I don't have a fireplace or feature wall in my living room, so I think I'm off the hook! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use a shelf somewhere. I really like the mantle too! Thank you very much

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!