Sunday, March 27, 2016

My Simple Woman's Daybook-March 28th Edition

For Today...

Today is Sunday, March 27, 2016.

Outside my window...

It is now dark outside. And a clear sky. We had a snow storm during the night last night. Unusual for us for this time of the year. It is not un-heard of, just unusual. Now it is 42 degrees. 

I am pondering...

I am thinking about my computer. Currently I am working on Darian's laptop, which I don't really like. I am stubborn and I hate change. My computer died on Tuesday, after the power went off. Computer wouldn't come back on. I called my computer guru, Fred, who came out to assess the situation. He took my computer home and called with the bad news that the power supply unit (whatever that is) was burned up. He had to order from Amazon and until he puts that back in he won't know if the motherboard (whatever that is) is good. After I got a lecture about not having a surge protector on my computer he will try his best to fix it the cheapest way he can. Cross your fingers!!

I am thankful for...

Obviously, this week, I am thankful for Fred, my computer dude! He was a friend of Richard's. They worked together at Eaton. Fred was their IT guy. He has been a lifesaver for me more than once.

I am pinning...


Smooth Orange Jello Delight








Doesn't this look delightful?










I am creating...

Time to take Easter off the mantle and plan what I will do for spring. Any ideas?? I'll be looking on Pinterest!

Moving Forward...



I am taking baby steps on my journey without Richard. It has been really, really hard. But, no one said it would be easy! I know I can live without him. I will always carry him with me, in my heart. Yes, I think I am moving forward!




I am reading...

I am reading A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.

On My Camera...


My new favorite drink
Iced lemon water

Settle down and pose you guys!

Loving the doctor's dress


I am learning...

After our Easter break, my group is back to memorizing Matthew 6.

Matthew 6:19-21

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

In my backyard...

Today I watched as the squirrels and the bunnies scampered in the 3.5 inches of snow that covered the garden. It was all melted by noon because the ground was so warm. But it was pretty while it lasted. You know those heavy, wet snows, that look so fun to play in.

In my kitchen...


Monday...Ham and Tater Tot casserole

Tuesday...Chicken strips

Wednesday...Kids will eat at church

Thursday...Goulash (using all the pasta)

Friday...Ham and cheese sandwiches

Saturday...Brats on the grill

Sunday...Meatloaf

We are putting off starting our Whole 30 until mid-April. Need to get past my birthday and the prom first. Then we will end it just at graduation! The timing will be better. And it gives me more time to plan.

A Favorite quote for today...




A Peek into my week....

Ah, spring break is over and the kids will be back in school. I am looking forward to the peace and quiet of the house. I think for Monday I will catch up the laundry and READ!! Harley has a FCCLA project after school. On Tuesday, Darian has forensic practice. Wednesday will be youth group. On Thursday Darian may be back to working out with the Marines. It will depend on how he is healing after his wart removal last week. Nothing planned on Friday yet. Saturday is our first home Forensic meet and I need to shop for that. And Sunday, hopefully, a day of rest!

Postscript...

I will link up at The Simple Woman's Blog and make my rounds of the other daybook-er's blogs. Care to join us??

**********************************************

















24 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - sorry about the computer - that is such a nuisance. Good luck with all your things - you keep yourself stimulated ... and are doing so much for the kids - and Richard will always be with you ... many thoughts - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nuisance when things don't work, isn't it? I am always cheered when you visit Hilary!

      Delete
  2. Hope you get the computer fixed ok. I can tell there were problems- this post shows up I'm my blogger feed 3 times. Once as "untitled " lol. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egads, it was a mess trying to get my formatting right!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! I wish the same for you!!

      Delete
  4. I have A Prayer for Owen Meany on hold via the 3M Library Cloud app and I get to start it in two days!!! The Smooth Orange Jello Delight looks refreshing. The motherboard is the main printed circuit of the computer and . .,. not so good if it gets fried. Fred's suggestion about a surge protector is just Fred doing his job. Saves a lot of headaches. Hope your 'puter can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I subscribe to BookBub emails. Recently Owen Meany was a freebie so I downloaded it then. It is slow going so far. I hope it gets better. Yes, I hope my computer is fixable too. Why do we need so many little set backs when all I want to do is move forward?? I think the Orange delight sounds good. I will try it and let you know!

      Delete
  5. Bummer about your computer. Owen Meany is one of my all-time favorite books! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I am finding it slow going. Hope it will pick up. Wow, and all time favorite!!

      Delete
  6. How can the doctor manage to walk around all day in those heels?? I read a Prayer for Owen Meany years ago; I know I enjoyed it, but it took me a bit to get into the book. Baby steps are good to do when moving forward even if they are small ones and take a bit to get there.

    Sorry about the computer issues. I don't like laptops. I guess I'm old fashioned that way. I'll read on my tablet, but trying to do too much more than that seems like it is burdensome.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! She always has heels on. She is probably only 5 feet tall. I posted the picture for the weirdness of her style. She is also the medical director of this clinic. It is a beautiful new building and it is mostly for Medicaid and lower income. A kind of place that adjust the costs according to your income. She was also Richard's doctor after his doctor was forced to resign. We ended up at this clinic when Richard's doctor was forced out of the hospital clinic and Richard refused to give up on him!! Long story! This laptop is taking come getting used to, for sure!

      Delete
  7. Oh man, computer issues are a pain. At least you have something to work on while yours is out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true Liz! I should be more thankful!

      Delete
  8. You mean Fred, the real computer guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! The one and only. Called him up and he is still here! He just called me a bit ago to say that he got the part in and that fixed it!! YAY

      Delete
  9. What an attractive physician! Her heels almost match Darian's, don't they? 'Cracks me up how he's looking so aloof! (I remember once upon a time when my heels matched my wardrobe. sigh...)

    Thank goodness for the Fred's of this world! Our own computer is a relic, but I can't imagine weaning myself from the keyboard. Crossing fingers for your's speedy healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA Ha. Yes almost matching shoes. I'll point that out to Darian. He will get a kick out of that. My computer is only 3 years old but it is going to be okay. He just called and said he was able to fix it. And it won't be very expensive!!!

      Delete
  10. It's losing all the stuff on your computer that is so awful I find - photos, work etc etc and I never back it up properly and I know I should - oh now you've got me thinking!! Here's hoping everything will work out with it - fingers crossed and the expense won't be too high. Also glad to know you haven't started the 30 Day - I was slightly confused by the menu for this week as it wasn't looking like what I thought Paleo was all about - hee hee. Have a good week Paula and just keep taking it one step at a time :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness my "adopted daughter" bought me a thingy to back my computer up on. That was after losing everything once. I can imagine that you were confused about Paleo. We will start the middle of April!

      Delete
  11. So sorry to hear about your computer Paula! I hope that doesn't mean you lost files or anything important. Hopefully all your bookmarks and such will still be there. There is nothing worse than computer problems, especially when you depend on your computer for so much. Keeping good thoughts that all goes well.

    The snowfall sounds fabulous. I haven't seen snow in years!

    Have a good week,

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My computer will be coming home on Friday. Was fixed pretty easily, thank goodness. And not expensive!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!