Tuesday, February 16, 2016

To All The Boys I've Loved Before

Overview from Barnes and Nobel

Lara Jean’s love life gets complicated in this New York Times bestselling “lovely, lighthearted romance” (SLJ) from the New York Times bestselling author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.
What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them…all at once?Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.

My computer is making me crazy. Nothing wants to work the way it is supposed to be working. If I am not reading and making comments on your blog that is the reason. (hear me screaming???)

Anyway now for my book review. This is a young person's book without a doubt. The 16 year old main character has written love letters to all the boys she's loved before!! And then they accidentally (??) get mailed. Now her life goes crazy!

Can you imagine that happening to you. In the first place, I don't think there would be more than a couple of love letters from me to boys I have loved before. And one of those would not be a love letter but a scathing letter of rebuke for the horrible way he treated me and his kids!! Maybe I should write that one and accidentally (??) mail it. LOL! I won't.

Even though this book is for a much younger audience I did enjoy it. I read it for our April book club reading. I think most of the ladies in this book club are much older than 16. Maybe I'm wrong!!

I will recommend this book to Harley and Paige. And I'll give it **** four stars!!

16 comments:

  1. Sorry about the computer problems, always frustrating tondeal with them. Sounds like a cute book.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a cute book. All those things teen girls deal with when they are "in love"!

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with reading books that we can recommend to the children in our lives. Good for you! Sorry about your computer problems. Hope that can get resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Gram! I just don't want to read a lot of these kinds of books!

      Delete
  3. I think "young adult" literature does not get the attention and respect it deserves! Some of the books with the most profound impact on me were for a much younger audience (Black Beauty, the Little House books, the Ann of Green Gables books, and all the Walter Farley horse books and Marguerite Henry books such as King of the Wind). Hope your computer gets better. It's maddening when they act up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, too, is true, Dame! Some of the best books were written with youth in mind.

      Delete
  4. I can't even begin to imagine the embarrassment! These 'what-if' stories are entertaining, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be entertaining, wouldn't it? Gads, I probably wouldn't have said nice things in my letters.

      Delete
  5. Ah yes, YA problems...

    Sorry your computer is acting up. I hope the problem resolves soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I live with teen girl drama. I think the computer is better!

      Delete
  6. I used to read YA books when the kids were young before they would read them. Some books written in that genre may not necessarily be what a parent thinks their child should read LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Wendy! I usually don't pre-read what they are reading. They are pretty 'worldly' kids already!!

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a really fun book! And not necessarily one I would have picked up before reading your review... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!