Love is in the air this week with the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Joyce, From This Side of the Pond, gives us the prompts and we fill in our answers. Then we all join together in a link-up on her blog. Wouldn't you like to join us?
1. Create an acrostic using the word LOVE. If you're unsure what an acrostic is click here.
L Longing to look into your eyes
O Only one more time!
V Vacancy, though, is all I see
E Everlasting love will be mine!
2. Does love really conquer all? Why or why not?
No, I do not think love can conquer all. You also will need forgiveness, patience, understanding, patience, laughter, patience, and caring. And did I mention patience!!
3. Tell us about a time recently, where you really put your heart into something.
It has been awhile since I put my whole heart into anything. While I was taking care of Richard, during his last days here on earth, I gave my whole heart to that. And my heart has been cracked and healing ever since. So it has been awhile!
4. What's your favorite fictional love story?
For many obvious reasons, my favorite fictional love story is The Notebook, by Nicholas Sparks! Such a tragically wonderful story!
5. Do you generally wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your cards close to the vest?
Sadly, and possibly even happily, I do wear my heart on my sleeve. People often tell me they can tell what kind of mood I am in just by my facial expressions. That can be a good thing. And it can be a bad thing. What do you think? Do you like being able to read a person's moods?
I am of the romantic kind. Chocolate and strawberries say love to me.
7. When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.
Tickled pink is such a funny expression, don't you think? I will be tickled pink if Darian passes his driver's exam this week. Not because I am looking forward to him driving. I can't imagine any parent that really (if they are completely honest) looks forward to a kid driving. But because this will be his second attempt and I am anxious for him.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are going to be starting on a new adventure here. Sometime in the month of March we are going to do a Whole 30. You can follow along with us on my new blog Our Adventure into Whole 30 and Beyond . Wish us luck!!