Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A "Love"-ly Hodgepodge Wednesday!!


Love is in the air this week with the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Joyce, From This Side of the Pond, gives us the prompts and we fill in our answers. Then we all join together in a link-up on her blog. Wouldn't you like to join us?

1. Create an acrostic using the word LOVE. If you're unsure what an acrostic is click here. 

L Longing to look into your eyes
O Only one more time!
V Vacancy, though, is all I see
E Everlasting love will be mine!



2. Does love really conquer all? Why or why not?

No, I do not think love can conquer all. You also will need forgiveness, patience, understanding, patience, laughter, patience, and caring. And did I mention patience!!

3. Tell us about a time recently, where you really put your heart into something.

It has been awhile since I put my whole heart into anything. While I was taking care of Richard, during his last days here on earth, I gave my whole heart to that. And my heart has been cracked and healing ever since. So it has been awhile!


4. What's your favorite fictional love story?

For many obvious reasons, my favorite fictional love story is The Notebook, by Nicholas Sparks! Such a tragically wonderful story!


5. Do you generally wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep your cards close to the vest?

Sadly, and possibly even happily, I do wear my heart on my sleeve. People often tell me they can tell what kind of mood I am in just by my facial expressions. That can be a good thing. And it can be a bad thing. What do you think? Do you like being able to read a person's moods?


6. What food says love to you? Why?

I am of the romantic kind. Chocolate and strawberries say love to me.



7. When were you last 'tickled pink' over something? Explain.
Tickled pink is such a funny expression, don't you think? I will be tickled pink if Darian passes his driver's exam this week. Not because I am looking forward to him driving. I can't imagine any parent that really (if they are completely honest) looks forward to a kid driving. But because this will be his second attempt and I am anxious for him.



8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We are going to be starting on a new adventure here. Sometime in the month of March we are going to do a Whole 30. You can follow along with us on my new blog Our Adventure into Whole 30 and Beyond . Wish us luck!!

30 comments:

  1. Chocolate strawberries are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. And they are so pretty!

      Delete
  2. In my book, "The Notebook" is hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whole 30 is amazing! I've done it a few times and then followed a Paleo diet. I felt great eating that way, lost weight, had a lot more energy and my thyroid issues resolved. Unfortunately I have slowly started eating other foods and need to get back to it. I look forward to hearing about your Whole 30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it will help Harley's thyroid issues! She has been on medication since she was 5!

      Delete
  4. Will head over to your new blog after I finish my comment here; I look forward to reading about Whole 30 as you share it.

    Your acrostic was cute :) I agree, love can conquer all, but all the other ingredients you mentioned need to go along with it too.

    Good luck to Darian! I gained so much time in my day after son got his driver's license, LOL, with not having to drive him to school, etc. I did miss the time though spent with him, though he wasn't much of a talker.

    I agree, chocolate does have a way of saying love to me too :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll be going back again tomorrow for another driving down main street test. He passed everything else!!

      Delete
  5. I think when we've suffered a broken heart we need time to heal before we can pour out. Good luck to Darian! The whole kids driving thing is probably my least favorite part of parenting : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And it isn't any better years later when you are doing it with your grands!

      Delete
  6. The Notebook is a beautiful love story, as is the story of how you took care of your husband in his time of need.
    Best wishes to your grandson. I hope he passes, this time, but it's a scary thing when they drive off in that car, alone, for the first time...
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is scary! Everytime they drive in the car!!

      Delete
  7. My brother was able to pass his driver's exam only after encountering a caring state trooper - he sat him down and taught him to "visualize" driving before actually driving the car during the test. He had just flunked the test AGAIN. He kept flunking the part where he had to merge onto a highway. Once he was able to visualize it, he was able to pass the test. I used visualization, too, for the parking and backing up part. This was back when things like visualization were kind of "woo woo weirdo" things. Good luck to Darian. And I'm curious about this "Whole 30" you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dame! He will drive again tomorrow. He did "really well" she said but he sped down main street at 25 mph and the speed limit is 20 mph!!

      Delete
  8. Good luck Darian for the driving test! And good luck on the Whole 30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kwiz! The Whole 30 will probably be tougher than the driving test! LOL

      Delete
  9. We agree on The Notebook. Now about your new blog, The Whole 30 - you have captured my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marzipan. More marzipan. And more marzipan. Perhaps a side of Jordan almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your answer to #2, Paula! (I'm pretty short on patience to begin with, so this is a good reminder.)

    Fingers crossed for Darian!!! My own son had to take the test twice. I remember thinking his first instructor arrived with an attitude ... or maybe some people just like intimidating kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be why we are drawn to each other! :) We share a few of the same traits! I'll take him back in the morning and I'm sure that will do it!

      Delete
  12. Showing your emotions is much better to holding them inside.
    My husband knows me so well, that I can't hide things from him. Most other people have no idea, though, when something is up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it can be better. Unless you are always raging! My face gives away my feelings

      Delete
  13. really like your acrostic. love the notebook. yummy strawberries and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we are on the same page here, Denise!!

      Delete
  14. Excellent job on the acrostic Paula. Keeping my fingers crossed for Darian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly he didn't make it. But we will try again next week!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!