Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge-January 13th Edition


Who loves Wednesdays? I do! I do! (wildly waving my arms in the air). Time to join Joyce From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. She asks the questions. We supply the answers. Then we share the love. Let's go......




 1. Share one thing that really makes your day.

What really makes my day is a hug. I love it when the kids put their arms around me and stay long enough for me to hug them back. Makes my day every single time. Especially now that they are teens and it is hard to get them to stand still long enough for the hug!


 2. Lots of these kinds of lists out there, but one found
here says the fifteen most colorful places on earth are:
Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy~Burano, Italy~Havana, Cuba~Rio de Janiero, Brazil~Chefchaouen, Morocco~Balat, Istanbul, Turkey~Menton, France~Jodhpur, India~La Baca, Buenos Aires, Argentina~Guanajuato, Mexico~Capetown, South Africa~Valparaiso, Chile~Wroclaw, Poland~San Francisco, California~and Pelourhino, Salvador, Brazil.  
Of those listed which would you most like to see up close and in person? Of all the places you've seen or traveled in your own life, what would you say was one of the most colorful?

Cuba
I would love to visit Cuba. Since the United States have started to allow it's citizens to once again travel legally to Cuba I would love to go. I would love to see Cuba before it becomes "Americanized". And I don't mean that in a derogatory way against America. I love America and the freedoms that I have.

Curacao
The most colorful place I have visited is the Dutch Island of Curacao. (Just learning to say the name was fun KUR-ə-sow ). When we left our cruise ship, to enter onto the island, we walked across this long wooden bridge and this was the beautiful site before us. Curacao is very colorful.




 3."Everything you want is on the other side of fear." Jack Canfield  In general, would you agree or disagree with that statement? Why?


In general, I would agree with this. What it means to me is: you have to get out of your comfort area to experience what life is really all about. I am guilty of not challenging myself enough to get out of my comfort area.


 4. Imagine you're stranded on a desert island and dessert appears...what do you hope it is? Do you ever struggle to remember which spelling is desert and which is dessert?


Yummy!
Ha! Ha! I don't struggle with the spellings. I learned in grade school that "the good one" required two r's!!After you have one, you'll want another. Two r's! And now I have spell check! The dessert that I want to appear would be a great dish of crème Brulee. Oh yes siree! Yum!




 5. What song almost always makes you cry?


I'm crying right now as I listen to this. Celine was Richard's favorite singer (right there next to Barbara Streisand). This song was his ringtone on my phone. We played it at his memorial service. I know that my heart will go on......and so will his!!






 6. January is National Soup Month.  Everything from soup to nuts, in the soup, thick as pea soup, souped up...which saying most recently applies to your life in some way? Explain.


We have had some foggy mornings recently where it is 'thick as pea soup.' I did not know that January is National Soup Month. I am making chili for dinner tonight! I will tell Harley (who isn't that fond of soup of any kind) that we are celebrating National Soup Month!!


 7. Write a two word note to your younger self. What does it say?


Dear Younger Paula:

Hold On!




 8. Insert your own random thought here.


I have finished my 30 day menu plan. Now I just need to plan a 'freezer cooking day.' All of January goals will then be achieved. Yay me!!

(I will add my link to Joyce's site when she puts up the link tomorrow)

24 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - the sun makes me smile hugely ... and it's a broad smile today! I think I'd have to choose some Bowie songs today ... hugs most definitely ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't much of a Bowie fan but I can see why people loved his music. And yes, the sun, good choice!!

      Delete
  2. Good for you for the 30 day menu plan! That's a good idea too with the freezer cooking day; get it done so to speak!

    I follow a blog of a lady who lives in Canada; she went to Cuba last year for vacation and shared pictures; it does look like an interesting place to visit! I think I would choose Poland since I'm of Polish descent.

    Nothing better than a bowl of soup on a cold winter day! Maybe Harley will come to like soup as she gets older :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poland would be a great choice! I think Harley just likes to be different!! LOL

      Delete
  3. I always thought I should do a freezer cooking day and I know I would be overjoyed to have all those freezer meals on work days. I just have yet to sacrifice any of my precious time off of work to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will post about my freezer cooking day! I understand about precious time off days. I love all of my days now that I am no longer working

      Delete
  4. January is kind of the perfect month for soup month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are on a roll with checking off your to-do list! I love soup. Fever is down for now. I should probably just drink more wine! Yeah, I saw that bottle in the photo you posted. �� I LOVE freezer cooking days. Too bad we don't share a back fence. We could cook stuff and go halfsies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is too bad we don't share a back fence. What fun we would have. And I'd share my wine too!

      Delete
  6. May I come along to Cuba?! My parents were there (pre-Castro); she spoke so lovingly about it.

    I wonder if Harley doesn't care much for soup because, if she's like me, I need to CHEW on something to feel satisfied.

    Great choice of songs! Incredible, Celine's own journey with her hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so much fun to go to Cuba with you!! Yes, Celine has been on an incredible journey with her husband. It is such a beautiful love story. (a little creepy too)

      Delete
  7. You're the second person who mentioned Curacao! My interest is piqued!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs are good!!!
    I am impressed with you planning a menu for 30 days, I'm doing well to plan one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking that if I can get it just right then I only have to plan once. We can just then rotate the menu every 30 days. That is what I am trying to achieve anyway

      Delete
  9. Creme brulee is so good! I had green tea flavored once and man, you'd think it wouldn't be good but it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, green tea crème brulee doesn't sound that good. But I would sure try it!

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful place to see after walking off the cruise ship! I've only been on one cruise, from Seattle to Alaska, which has some wonderful sights, but not all that colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful place. We have been on 3 cruises! Richard loved them

      Delete
  11. The only colorful place I have been on the list is SF. But I was in Curacao as well and it was much more colorful than SF. I was surprised it didn't make the list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cuba would be wonderful to visit! Que linda, y muy interesante. Y la gente es muy agradable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't speak fluent Spanish but I will figure it out!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!