Saturday, January 2, 2016

My Word for 2016

The last couple of years I have a chosen a word for the year! In 2014 my word was "hope". Richard was very sick at the end of 2013 and I had hope that he would get better. Then he had a few good months before he started the downward spiral again. My hope then became that he would just be peaceful. When he died at the end of July I am afraid that I lost all hope. It was a hard year after that. In 2015 I chose the word "change" because I knew it was going to be a year of change for me. I was going to learn how to be a widow. How to live in a world without Richard. And I knew that it wasn't going to be easy. It wasn't!! It still isn't! I don't feel like I "lived" much this past year. I woke up every day feeling like a part of me was gone. I went to bed every night missing that part of me which was gone. I still do. But I am ready to start living again. I am ready to move forward. So my word for 2016 is:


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

26 comments:

  1. A good word, Paula, perfect description of what to do when our feet land on a brand new floor every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully written, m'friend! I'm so pleased -- encouraged, too - by your decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myra. Let's hope I've chosen well

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that you feel able to choose this word for this year. I don't think you ever get over losing someone so close but it is possible to move forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Wendy! But I'm going to try to move forward

      Delete
  4. Words are very powerful, and you've chosen a good one! Yes, forward! To a good, sweet year, just as you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words ARE powerful aren't they! Thank you Dame!

      Delete
  5. Blessings in all of your 'forward' moments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forward is brave! Here's to great word choices for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a great word and like Kwizgiver said, forward is brave! It does take effort I think to move forward especially after losing the love of your life; but you are right, it is time to move forward and start living a bit more. Looking forward to how you move forward in 2016 :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that I am as ready as I am sounding. One day at a time!

      Delete
  8. Hi Paula - you've had a tough time .. but managed well and given as much of yourself to Richard in his care and your love for him ... I'm glad you've chosen forward ... you are looking outward and will enjoy the time with the kids ... well done - and here's to lots of happiness in the new year - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to enjoy these kids quickly. They are growing up fast!

      Delete
  9. good for you and sounds like you will do just that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. Happy New Year to you!!

      Delete
  11. That's a hella-great word :) I'm really looking forward to reading your forward posts !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great word Paula....Let the healing begin...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got this!!! Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!