Monday, January 25, 2016

My Simple Woman's Daybook-January 25th Edition


For Today... 
 
Today is Monday, January 25, 2016. Is anyone else screaming..."What??? How can it almost be the end of January?"
 


Outside my window...
 
Today is overcast. No sun shining! I crave sunshine. I need sunshine. But it is 33 degrees. That is a bit better than what we have been having. Sadly, the wind is blowing. So that gives us a wind chill of 25 degrees. And there is 76% humidity! I'm not pouting though. It could be a lot worse.
 
 


I am pondering...
 
I am pondering the snowfall totals back east. My goodness. I don't even know how people start to dig out of a mess like that! 42 inches of snow in West Virginia!! Wow! That is a lot of snow! So who am I to whine because the sun isn't shining??


I am hearing...
 
I am hearing the news in the background. Politics as usual! Donald saying dumb things and Hillary replying. And now we have Mr. Bloomberg wanting to throw his name into the race. The rest of the news is about snow and ice! And people shooting each other. We need good news, people! 
 
 


 


I am creating...
 
I have finished my Valentine's Day decorating! Look below for the pictures!


On my camera...
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Found on Facebook...


 

 

 
 


I am reading...

I am still reading Bad Feminist and Pop Goes the Weasel. My brother from Louisiana was here all last week. He left on Friday morning and Paige and Justin came on Friday afternoon. Therefore, I didn't do much reading last week. After this is posted I am going to get into my recliner and spend the afternoon with my Nook!!
 


Moving Forward...



 























 
I am learning...


This week's memory verse



 















 
In my backyard...

 
 

















 
In my kitchen...
Monday...Mexican Casserole
 
Tuesday...Hamburgers and fries
 
Wednesday...Kids will eat at church
 
Thursday...Pork Tenderloin with roasted potatoes
 
Friday...Taco Soup
 
Saturday...Tater Tot Casserole
 
Sunday...Happy Birthday Darian!! Going out to eat


 


A favorite quote for today...


This is a week of birthdays at our house. Today my oldest granddaughter (Darian and Harley's oldest sister) turns 25!! Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. She would have turned 93. On Wednesday, my step-dad would have been 89! And the biggest of all is Sunday. Darian will turn 18!! Happy Birthday to all of you!
 


A peek into my week...

Monday...No practices tonight so everyone will be home early on the bus
Tuesday...BB practice for Harley
Wednesday...kids have youth group at church
Thursday...Marine Babies for Darian. BB practice for Harley. And Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and How to Get Away With Murder return from their winter hiatus.
Friday...Harley has BB practice
Saturday...Paige and Justin will be here
Sunday...taking Darian out to eat for his birthday!!

 


One of my favorite things...

One of my favorite things is surprising my grandchildren on their birthday. Shhhhh can't give away the surprise!


 


Post Script....

I am going to join Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog. A fun time checking with the others to see what their week looks like. Won't you join us?




****************************

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It won't be as busy and I like that!! Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

      Delete
  2. Your busy weeks make me feel like a real slacker! Tom has most always foraged for his own supper - while I make do with a bowl of dry roasted peanuts and red wine. (Oh, except I'm supposed to try and drink more tea and less wine. Yeah, bleah.)

    I'm seriously in love with your Valentine mantle decor. It looks really warm and inviting!

    I can't wait to hear what you've got up your sleeve for Darian's b'day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just going out to eat for his birthday. But I haven't gotten them (Harley's birthday is Feb. 4) a most coveted birthday present!! I'd rather drink wine than tea too. What is your favorite wine?

      Delete
    2. Ah, that would be Cabernet Sauvignon. You?

      Delete
    3. I just keep sampling and looking for a favorite. Hehehe!

      Delete
  3. I crave sunshine, too. But you are right, we should not complain when there are people who have to shovel out 42 inches of snow. I can't even ...

    Love that quote from Mark Twain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm still working on trying to figure out the WHY!

      Delete
  4. I too can't imagine all that snow! My sister in the DC area got 24 inches and you can definitely tell by the pictures she's posted that is a lot of snow and that is still not as much as parts of West Virginia! Such cute valentine decorations! That was a great quote about moving forward :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty! I am glad we haven't had a big snow like that yet. I hope it skips us all together.

      Delete
  5. My Virginia and Pennsylvania sisters got clobbered with snow. But the storm missed Northern Maine, completely. It's been really cold and windy, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wondering about you Kwiz! Glad the storm missed you altogether!

      Delete
  6. Hooray for birthdays! I wonder what surprises you have up your sleeve! And your mantel looks good! The bottom left heart in your picture collage - is it a rag heart or tissue paper bonbons glued on, or....? Looks interesting!

    Oh yes, I love sun too - it's why I put up with sizzling temps all summer - we have sun, sun, sun out here in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a plastic heart that held bon bons at one time. I placed the paper doily hearts in it and filled it with candy conversation hearts and leaned it one it's side. Cute! Thank you so much for the banner. Love it! And the little one that I hung on Darian's picture.

      Delete

  7. The squirrel bit is a hoot. I have a tribe of them and we constantly try to outwit each other. I think I'm ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up trying to outwit them. I just feed them too!

      Delete
  8. Loved your Valentine's Day decorations. The banner looks great! What fun. Let's see . . . and a big birthday for Darian. All the best for the soon to be legal adult. That baby looking at the twins is so darn cute. Babies are such great entertainment. Gosh that was cute. Loved your quote. So true. Enjoy your reading time. I started a new book today so I can enjoy it while I wait for my new meds kick in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your new meds kick in soon! Has GN's surgery been scheduled yet? You two have certainly not started out good in 2016. But it will get better!!

      Delete
  9. Looks like a nice week ahead. My big project is trudging through the snow. I'm hoping to get to the gym tomorrow and see friends on Wednesday. Not much scheduled. I'm leaving a lot of free time because getting around is no fun. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading about all that snow. Stay safe and warm!

      Delete
  10. Have a great dinner celebration on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry it's been gloomy in your neck of the woods. I hope you get some sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Paula - so pleased you had a good time with your brother .. and now life returns to 'normal'. Enjoy the reading again ... but when the sun comes out it is always welcomed with open arms .. we have some sun today ...

    Your decorations are amazing - well done and cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is out here today!! Marvelous. Simply Marvelous!

      Delete
  13. I have birthday MONTH coming up! My son's were due the same day 6 years apart. One was born 2/15 and the other 2/13. My daughter was due exactly 3 years 1 month after my oldest and was born on 3/15. My step-daughter's birthday is 3/10, 5 days older than my daughter. I think we're going to do some birthday COMBINING this year so we're not eating loads of cake...or maybe that's the perfect reason to separate all the birthday! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have them close. But months between would be much more cost effective. If you know what I mean!

      Delete
  14. I love your valentine's decorations - what a lovely idea - just where do you find the time to do all this and plan surprise parties etc!! Hope all goes well and you certainly deserve some time with your feet up, glass of wine maybe i one hand and a book in the other :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of time to do all of this. I am retired!!

      Delete
  15. Oh that snow! I am so glad it didn't hit here in MI! I feel bad for those out East/South of me! Your Valentine's decor looks really nice! Surprises.. how fun! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you didn't have to deal with the snow either, Jodi!

      Delete
  16. The decorations are just darling!
    I started celebrating Valentine's Day again last year. I was never into it as an adult but the birth of my nephew has changed my outlook a bit. No decorating for me, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valentines Day can be either a fun holiday or a not-so-fun one! I decided years ago just to make it fun!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!