Sunday, January 10, 2016

My Simple Woman's Daybook-January 11, 2016 Edition

For Today... 
 
It is Sunday night. I am sitting here at the computer writing, reading, studying, and dreaming. Tomorrow will be the second Monday in the new year. I love Mondays. Our weekends are usually crazy and I like the kid's going back to school and the house getting quiet. I designate Monday as my day to re-feul!! Want to join me?


Outside my window...
 
It is dark and clear. The moon and stars are out. It is cold...27 degrees...not as cold as last night when we got down to 4!! I think that is enough of that!


I am hearing...
 
I am hearing Law & Order in the background. That is what I usually watch on Sunday evenings after the news. After the kids have gone off to bed.


On my camera...
 
 
 
Harley. Showered and shampooed and ready for bed





One last view of the 2015 Christmas tree
One last glance as we packed it all away on Saturday
Thanks to Justin and the kids for helping!!
 


I am wishing...
 
I am wishing for a quiet week with few bumps in the road!


I am creating...
 
I am still coloring. It is relaxing. And fun!
 

 


 
 
 


What I found on Facebook...
 
My friend Myra likes these on Facebook and they keep appearing in my newsfeed. I just might have to spring for some (before I start my Whole 30 in March) even though they are wickedly expensive. Thanks Myra!!!!!!!
 
 
 
 
 


I am reading...
 
I am reading a couple of books. This is the first time (in a long time) that I am going to do this. I am reading Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay. It is the February book for the book club I joined online. And then I just started Pop Goes The Weasel by M.J. Arlidge. This is the second book, after Eeny Meeny ,which I reviewed hereI will review The Good Girl, which I just finished, sometime this week. It was good!!
 


I am pondering...
 
Do you ponder? I like the sounds of pondering. I am pondering just what I will accomplish this week. I am doing so well with my January goals that I am surprising even myself. I have completed 6 of the 8 goals that I set for myself for January. Off to a great start!


I am learning...
 
January 18th we start with Memorizing Matthew 6. I have started on 1-2 and I am going to print out some cards to put in my planner! It is going to tax my brain a little bit, I'm sure.


In my backyard...
 
It is still very cold and winter-like in my backyard. There are still squirrels and birds coming to the feeders. And occasionally, at night, I will see Polly the opossum out there scrounging around for something to eat. But that is all that is going on for now.


In my kitchen...
 
 
Monday...Clean up the leftovers
 
Tuesday...Chili and crackers; dill pickles
 
Wednesday...kids will eat at church
 
Thursday...Hamburger Steaks, Sweet potatoes
 
Friday...Darian and I will grab something
 
Saturday...Pork Chops & Stuffing
 
Sunday...Omelets and home fries (we didn't get to have these last week)
 
 


I am remembering...
 
Since yesterday would have been Richard's birthday, I have spent a bit of time remembering him and all the birthdays we celebrated together. He didn't like us to fuss over him but we did!! He liked to fuss over us for birthdays. When my boys were young, it was Richard who baked their birthday cakes ,because he liked to bake and he had more time than I did. I was working and going to nursing school then. And after that I always worked the night shift. The boys always loved their 'homemade' birthday cakes. Richard was a diamond. I am so glad he was in our life!!
 


A favorite quote for today...
 
 
 
 


A peek into my week...
 
Monday...Harley has BB practice and Darian starts his Forensic practices
 
Tuesday...Harley has an out-of-town BB game
 
Wednesday...church youth group; grocery shopping day
 
Thursday...Marine Babies for Darian. They will have to find a new place to work out. The current Marine recruiter has been re-assigned to California and they haven't yet replaced him. So the office is locked up for now!
 
Friday...Harley is again out-of-town for BB game. Darian and I will grab some takeout.
 
Saturday and Sunday...up in the air. Justin never can tell me this far ahead if Paige and he will make it over. If they don't make it, we are cleaning house. I know the kids are praying for Uncle Justin to get them off the hook!!


One of my favorite things...
 
I like Wine!! Justin brought this one to me last night. It is quite tasty!!
 
 
 
 


 
 


Post Script...
 
My good  friend, Goodnight Gram, from GoodnightGram's Blog (some of you may know her) is battling a case of pneumonia. I would like everyone to say a prayer for her and for her granddaughter, Good Night, who was hit by a car earlier in December. You can drop by her blog, if you like, and let her know we are all thinking of her!!
 
I am heading over to The Simple Woman's Blog and add my name to the link. Then I will travel around to spread some love among the others!! Care to join us?
 




****************************




18 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - lovely to see Harley and to read what you've been doing - the wine Justin bought looks fun - good 'jug' to have afterwards for flowers or something creative. Have a good week ahead .. and all the best to Goodnight Gram and especially to her granddaughter - I certainly hope she makes a good recover. With thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley has called "dibs" on the jug. She has something in mind, I think. I thought it would be a good "change" jar to keep on the kitchen counter!

      Delete
  2. Isn't coloring fun?? I have a few books to pass the time away at work! Love your quote. Praying for Goodnight Gram. Have a great week Paula!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodi, for your prayers! I love coloring. Harley colors with me too so it is a good activity for the two of us

      Delete
  3. I like the picture of Harley watching TV; brought back memories of myself doing the same when I was much younger :)

    That was neat how Richard would bake the birthday cakes! Indeed he was a diamond and a true gem for you all!

    Brrr with the temps but we are having about the same in the 20's, not quite as good as the 4's and I hope it doesn't get that cold. That is just bitterly cold.

    My son would like the Carlo Rossi red wine; I do enjoy a glass or two of wine some evenings myself :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Betty, he was truly a diamond and our gem. I will have to try the Carlo Rossi red wine. This is my first taste of this wine and I really like it!

      Delete
  4. I am adding gram and goodnight to my prayer list. Relax and enjoy your Moscato tonight before the traveling begins for basketball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers Wendy. I don't travel to the out of town games anymore. Car is just too old and unreliable. Or maybe I am the one that is old and unreliable. So I stay home and she texts me the details between games

      Delete
  5. I received a coloring book from one of my students. I can't wait to get working on it, I decided to order myself a set of art pencils so I'm waiting for those to get here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you will really like it Kwiz. Be sure to share your pictures on your blog!!

      Delete
  6. Cupcakes in glass jars? Is that was that was? I'll keep a good thought for GoodnightGram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are cupcakes in glass jars. I just have to get some!!

      Delete
  7. Gosh, I hadn't thought of those Wicked Good Cupcakes in years! Isn't it funny ... once FB discovers what you like, they don't forget it. Ya, they're sin-fully delish. :)

    Oh definitely, 'pondering' sounds so grown-up and rather, um, sophisticated. Like a philosopher, huh? Come to think of it, Blogville is chock-full of philosophers ... that's a GOOD thing. Congrats on whacking-out so many of January's goals already!

    Yes, I'll definitely keep Gram and G'Night in my prayer consciousness. Thank you for sharing that news with us.

    ... Now, back to The Big Game and a glass of wine! (Yours looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should order some of those Wicked Good Cupcakes before I start the Whole 30!! They do sound sinfully delish!! I love the way you write. You always tickle me happy!!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad one of us is getting out January goals completed! I have had the same few goals to do this month since...well, December? November? LOL I really should find the time and energy and supplies needed to get those little annoying toilet and sink leaks taken care of. Right now, the occasional drips are caught in bowls. And I need those bowls for baking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made my goals for January very easy so that I could start the year with success. Is that fair??

      Delete
  9. This was fun to read. I'm trying to catch up some on my blog reading. I'm going to check out the books you mentioned, as I'm always adding to my list of to-read : ) Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in Joyce. I am always adding to my list to. I wonder if I will ever catch up!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!