Monday, January 18, 2016

My Simple Woman's Daybook-Janaury 18th Edition

For Today... 

Today is Monday, January 18, 2016. It's almost 3:00 in the afternoon here at my house. I am late getting around to doing my daybook. My brother is here visiting from Louisiana. He's getting his house here ready to sell.


Outside my window...

Outside my window the sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful, clear blue. However; it is cold! Like is very cold. Currently is 24 degrees. Was closer to 10 degrees during the night. We had a smattering of snow yesterday that turned the ground white. But it is all gone today. Hope it stays gone.


I am pondering...
 
Darian will soon turn 18! I will no longer be his legal guardian. Just his grandma. And, okay, since he still lives with me, I will still tell him what to do! I am pondering what to do for his birthday! Ideas??


I am hearing...

I am hearing the TV show Cops! My brother is channel surfing at the moment.




 


I am creating...

I am creating a banner for my fireplace for Valentine's Day. I have downloaded my banner from Penniwigs. She makes some pretty awesome graphics. Thank you Dame!!


On my camera...

 




















 
Found on Facebook...

This is wonderful! You will smile, I promise!


 


I am reading...

I am still reading Pop Goes The Weasel by Mj. Arlidge and Bad Feminist: Essays by Roxane Gay

 
 


Moving Forward...



 



















 
I am learning...

I have began my memorizing of Matthew 6.


               
Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. "Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward





 
In my backyard...

We threw some old stale potato chips into the backyard today for the birds. Soon we had a small flock of turkeys (all jakes) gobbling up every single one of those chips. BBQ and Doritos were high on the menu plan today!!

 
 


In my kitchen...
 
Monday...Beef Stew
 
Tuesday...Hamburgers & Fries
 
Wednesday...Kids at church
 
Thursday...Pizza
 
Friday...Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
 
Saturday...Make your own Tacos
 
Sunday...Crockpot Lasagna


 


A favorite quote for today...


 
















 
A peek into my week...


Tuesday....Going with my brother to sort through some things at his house before they auction it off
Wednesday...take the kids to youth group
Thursday...Marine Babies for Darian. NO BB practice for Harley
Friday...brother leaving for Louisiana. NO BB practice for Harley.
Saturday and Sunday...no plans yet


One of my favorite things...


One of my favorite things in the winter is hot soups and a glass of wine!


 


Post Script....


I will be joining the nice group at The Simple Woman's Blog. Won't you come and join us sometime??





****************************

18 comments:

  1. A nice insight into your world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Mama C can move! She was relentless. The quote you shared . . . that is how my mother signed my senior year book. I loved it. You have company! That's fun. I am no help for a young man's 18th birthday . .,. unless you want the name of the metal artist I hired to make GN's 18the birthday jewelry. ;-) Your policy is the same as mine. Not a legal guardian, just gram, but inside the house, my rules which are really more like courtesies. Can't wait to see your banner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd think she sees that you are now paddling your own canoe! Yes, my rules will rule in this house until they carry me out of it!!

      Delete
  3. How fun that you get to spend some time with your brother! How cute too with the turkeys coming to eat the chips; a tasty treat for them! Son turned 18 in March, then graduated in June. I liked that even though he was of legal age, the school still considered him a minor so let us know about problems that were going on. He had to live by our rules regardless of age; that did change though when he moved back home when he was about 23 years old, but of course totally different situation, still there were some things he had to respect. For son's 18th birthday, just took him and a friend out to a nice dinner and then friend stayed the night where they were up all night playing video games and whatnot. Was pretty much what son wanted to do :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always been the same at my house Betty. You live with me, you follow my rules whether you are 16 or 40! I haven't really talked to Darian to see what he would want to do. We might just ask his girl and all go out to dinner!

      Delete
  4. Mama C is a sight to behold. I'd be on my back, on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a fun and interesting daybook! I did smile at the dancing Mama C and at the cute phone photos!

    I too found that the birdies will gladly eat up my stale tortilla chips. I guess the corn and oil appeals to them (as it unfortunately does to me).

    As to Darian's 18th birthday- I'm not much help on idea. Since my son is so very different-natured than most, we just went to the bookstore and he had a "bookstore fest" of buying, then I picked up a fast-food meal for him (what he wanted), and we went home and he stayed up reading.

    Thanks for the mention on your blog, and I hope the banner pleases you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hang my banner. I love all that corn and oil too!!

      Delete
  6. It did make me smile, thanks for starting my day up happy. They need to send that in to Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having your brother visit sounds like great fun. (I'm curious if now, he still feels the "South rules!")

    18 is such a pivotal Life Event; I agree, his should be a remarkable day. How do you suppose he'd react to a surprise "This is Your Life" fete?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's only lived there 6 weeks Myra! I'll see if he thinks the South rules! LOL

      Delete
  8. Oh boy, turning 18. Is there something Darian wants to do?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!