Friday, January 29, 2016

Just some Snippets

I don't really have a post planned for today so I will just catch you up on a few things that are going on around my house.


Remember when I told you that my brother was here visiting and getting his house ready to auction? While he was here he went through most of the stuff left in his house that he didn't want to take to Louisiana. Things he was leaving for the auction. There was a large tub of afghans his wife had knitte (or crocheted) . I couldn't believe he wasn't going to take them. But he said he had kept several of his favorites. She has specifically made ones for their kids, the spouses, and the grandchildren. I just couldn't see something so special going to complete strangers. So they came to our house. (Maybe that's why Justin thinks I'm a hoarder!)

The bottom was is huge and lacy!


Harley cabbaged on to this as a bed cover


Gorgeous! My favorite is the second one. Purple!

 


I was going through the coat closet this week and found the 'almost' brand new pair of leather gloves with rabbit fur lining Justin brought for Richard a few years back. He hadn't worn them that much because he was saving them for 'dress'. He WAS the hoarder at our house. Anyway, I gave them to Darian and he is in heaven. Here he sits watching TV with them on. I promised him we wouldn't laugh!!
 
 
I love how he glows in the lamplight!

 



















 

Lastly, I've done a bit of coloring this week. If you haven't tried adult coloring yet, you should. So relaxing!!





 
 

Had to share this too! Harley is painting a self-portrait in her art class and this is the form she will follow. I like it just the way it is!

I am still feeling crappy. I feel better during the day and then as night comes I get stuffed up and my face begins to ache. I have been crazy with the sneezing. I am drugged up with allergy meds. And saturated with fluids. And out of Kleenex for the moment. Damn! I'll have to go to the store tomorrow! Guess who is going in for me??


What snippets are going on with you? Care to share!

Have a wonderful weekend! We will be celebrating a special young man turning 18!!

32 comments:

  1. Happy 18th to the special young man, and wishing you a better and healthier week coming up. You must have caught a doozie of a cold. Watch out for any manifestations of pneumonia. That's started nailing people. Those afghans are lovely. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zippi! I am always happy when you visit!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your celebrations and I hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula - lovely photos and notes of life with you - love Darian and his gloves .. and yes - he does glow. Then Harley's picture ... clever girl .. take care and recover ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to rescue the afghans! They are lovely.

    I hope the crud passes quickly. I'm battling it, too, although so far (knock wood) it's been a sore throat and drippy nose. But I'm exhausted so I know my body is fighting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same way about feeling exhausted!

      Delete
  5. The afghans are beautiful. Actually, they are crocheted. The stitches are complex and well done.
    What's with this stuffy business? Me too, all night, but not in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear there is a nasty virus going around! Thanks for setting me straight on whether they are knitted or crocheted. I wouldn't know the difference!

      Delete
  6. So sorry to read that you are not feeling better. I hope that changes asap! The afghans are beautiful. Nice rescue. Glad Harley found one to enjoy. The photo of Darian is priceless! We never know what they will enjoy until we offer. Hope he has a great 18th! Get well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harley's picture looks awesome. your coloring is great, love the adult coloring books. feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! I love the adult coloring books too! So relaxing

      Delete
  8. Poor you with not feeling well, weird that it comes on in the evening. Cool looking gloves and I love Harley's self portrait form, sounds like a great project. I think all of us have a bit of hoarding tendencies in us.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to move into a smaller home sometime in the future so I need to get these hoarding tendencies under control!!

      Delete
  9. Oh, I thought I commented, but now I don't see it. Sometimes I have to rush and hit the wrong button. Just dropping by - I love the glowy pic and the self-portrait mock-up - feel better soon! Sorry if I'm repeating myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not repeating yourself at all! And even if you were I would be happy with two comments!!

      Delete
  10. I have 3 crocheted afghans - made by my Mom, my sister, and I think my Grandma. I like all of yours! I'm drawn to purple - but for some reason - that red and white one really calls out to me also!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That red and white one is really pretty!!

      Delete
  11. The older I get, the more hand-made afghans and quilts become. (Maybe this is just a 'girl' thing that hadn't occurred to your brother?)
    That's part of the reason I love cold weather ... I can put on my 'glad rags' at day's end and deposit myself on the love seat wrapped in something like a bug in a rug.

    That's pretty neat how Darian's hands fit so nicely in Richard's new/old gloves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were important to him but he just had so many....she crocheted A LOT! It's beautiful knowing that Darian is wearing Richard's gloves

      Delete
  12. Nice post! I think those afghans are beautiful and they will bless somebody who needs them. Love the photo of the gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The afghans look crocheted (although some of those effects you can get through knitting). Glad you rescued them.

    I hope you feel better soon. It's not fun to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certain they are crocheted. I am glad I rescued them too!

      Delete
  14. My best friend is (I think) planning on giving me an adult coloring book for my birthday. We'll see.

    The afghans are gorgeous. I never learned how to knit/crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

      Delete
  15. How touching is that photo of Darian in his grandpas gloves? Harley is doing a great job with that self portrait! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! It's seems to be breaking up some

      Delete
  16. Here's to hoping you feel better soon, Paula - it seems to be lasting quite some time? Harley's self portrait is great and I agree I like it just the way it is too - very modern! It's also so lovely when the younger generation love things that belonged to the older ones - it's such a link to the past that you hope will always remain :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just been a week! There is a lot of this virus going around here! It is so cool when we link them to the past. Can't happen often enough!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!