Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Dona Nobis Pacem:2015

 
 
 
Today, November 4th, is BlogBlast For Peace day. This is the 10th anniversary  Mimi Lennox from Mimi Writes  has gathered people from all over the world to blog for peace on any social media site. You should go to her page and read how it all started.
 
I feel the world is crazier than it has ever been. We need peace more than we have ever needed it. Races are fighting in our own country. People are killing our police officers. Crazed people who are allowed to put their hands on guns in a free country without gun control are killing innocents in schools, movie theaters, and malls all across America.  We have soldiers dying in foreign lands fighting for freedom for others. I want peace for this country, for all other countries, but most of all for those I love and hold close to my heart. My son is a cop. I have friends who are cops. I want them to be safe and free from the fear that they will be shot just because they wear 'the uniform.' Join me today is praying for peace for our nation, for our world, and for our families.
 
Matthew 5:9
 
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.


43 comments:

  1. In spite of the dangers of life, peace must march on. A fine post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. My ‪#‎blog4peace‬ ‪#‎blogblast4peace‬ ‪#‎donanobispacem‬ 2015 is live at http://bit.ly/1XOs6va

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula for Peace! Amen! Blessings and protection to your police officer son and to all who bravely stand in harm's way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a bumper sticker over the years "No Jesus, no peace." "Know Jesus, know peace." I think that's the answer but getting the world to see it is a different story. So in the meanwhile we continue to pray for it and hope to see it in our lifetime.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so true Betty! And now we go preach it! Peace

      Delete
  5. What a powerful post. Thank you Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this event before now.
    I'm not sure humanity can handle life without conflict. I hope I'm proven wrong, someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if what you say is true! Peace!

      Delete
  7. May your son stay safe and bless him for the good work he does keeping others safe. I echo your prayers for a more peaceful world, for one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're purring for peace today too.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Important post, we join you today in blogging and purring for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my tenth year and I look forward to all the wonderful people who have followed Mimi's lead to create this one day in the year when the focus is peace. May you and yours have a peaceful year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved today. Seeing peace all over Facebook. Which can be such a un-peaceful place!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for blogging for peace so beautifully, Paula.
    Peace to you and yours,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi. And thank you for continuing to host this every year. Until the world is at peace we will continue to blog about it! Peace Mimi!

      Delete
  12. The world is very crazy! Peace to you and yours.

    http://www.momentsofintrospection.com/2015/11/dona-nobis-pacem-grant-us-peace.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I certainly don't have the answers ... I suspect none of us do. Praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying for Peace, that is a good thing

      Delete
  14. Peace is tough and yet thankfully many of us continue to strive for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is good to keep striving, don't you?

      Delete
  15. Peace be with you, and with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All my respect to the police officers in your family and your friends. I've got cops and former cops in my family too.

    Peace to all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice post Paula. May God's peace be with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Wendy! And thanks for being my friend!!

      Delete
  18. Peace globe #10,297 in the Official Peace Globe Gallery @ blog4peace.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!