Friday, November 27, 2015

A Time to Love

 


Overview from Barnes and Noble:
War correspondent Jennie King thinks she’s just a temporary guest in her grandmother’s Amish community while she recuperates from the devastating injuries sustained in a car bomb attack that changed her world. But when she meets Matthew Bontrager, the man she had a crush on as a teenager, she wonders if God has a new plan for her. Jennie has emotional and physical scars and though she feels she has come home to this man and this place, she's not sure she can bridge the difference between their worlds.


A Love story! Jenny was a war correspondent who was hit by a bomb and injured badly. She went to her Amish grandmother's place to heal and fell back in love with the man she had once loved as a teenager. Very predictable story. Predictable ending. Easy to read. Lots of things in the book about the Amish and their culture. This was a free book from Barnes and Noble and typical of a freebie! A nice, gentle story if you are into these kinds of stories.

My favorite quote from this book:

"Worrying is arrogant because God knows what he is doing."

16 comments:

  1. This sounds like one of those mini-books Good Housekeeping magazine used to feature.
    Love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great quote!! I think I need to tattoo that on my heart and mind :) Sounds like a great book!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that quote too Betty! I just wish that I could adopt that philosophy and let go of all of my worries!

      Delete
  3. I love that quote and sometimes I love quick easy reads that you needn't think too much about. I am reading a free novel right now too. What Happens at Christmas. Nothing to deep during this busy time of year LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what this book was Wendy!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes it's good to have a quick and easy read. I like those sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too! Now if I could just figure out how to live by it

      Delete
  6. Sounds good just for the Amish culture insight alone. I find that culture fascinating.
    I love that quote. So true!
    Happy Sunday Paula!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read one book centered in Amish culture, which is interesting to study, but the story itself was mediocre. This book sounds similar to the one I read. I do like that quote, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it wasn't that great a story. Just mediocre!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!