Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Hello to all who visit me today! Another Wednesday. But this one is very special. Do you know why? Because it is the final Wednesday of October 2015. Let's see what Joyce From This Side of the Pond has in store for us today.....




 1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?


I enjoy silence! But only in snippets. A lot of silence makes my brain ache. I need sound. I love sound. My TV is always on. Background noise is essential to my being. There is a certain kind of silence, that isn't really silence, in sitting outside on the patio. No human sounds, (unless someone is mowing or using a chain saw) but the rustling of the leaves being tickled by the breeze. Or the chirping of the birds. Or the hammering of the woodpecker driving his suet treat into the tree. Those are the kinds of silence I like!!


 2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?


I like chocolate. But I don't really crave it. I am NOT a fan of chocolate ice cream, though. Or chocolate pie for that matter. But a nice, HOT, cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows will satisfy me. What is your chocolate pleasure??


 3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?


I used to be a blue jeans kind of girl. But not anymore. To me, now that I am much heavier, blue jeans are not comfortable. They don't bend with me. They are too tight on my flabby waist. So I love yoga pants and sweatpants. Elastic waists.  I can't even remember the last time I wore blue jeans. And I don't own a jean jacket.


 4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?


Nope, not at all superstitious.


 5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with? 


I could be a bag lady. Or a hobo. I could be a businessman (Richard's old suits) or I could be a soldier (I wonder if Darian's camo pants would fit me). But I am not into dressing up...either in a costume or in dresses and high heels. So I'll just go as me!! We are going to a party, aren't we?


 6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?


Oh gosh, there is so much that scares me. I am scared of something happening to my kids or grandkids. I pray a lot for them. That is what I do when I am scared. My biggest fear in life is of mice though. Yes, those little tiny grey or brown creatures that dart so quickly you only catch a glimpse. I am terrified of them. My house is stuffed with steel wool in all the cracks in hopes none try to find their way inside.


 7. Perhaps today will be the day I will actually start to clean this house! I am such a procrastinator and I can always find a reason to put off these things!! Do you procrastinate??



 8.  Insert your own random thought here.


How about those Kansas City Royals!!!!! Winning a 14-inning first game in the World Series. I am not much of a baseball fan but this team is near and dear!! Go Royals!! Go all the way!!

Now I have a couple of pictures to share. Yesterday we went on a photography session for Darian's Senior Pictures. I captured these on my phone. Harley is photographing those sunflowers.


Check out that new letterjacket

A budding photographer

26 comments:

  1. Okay, the steel wool thing made me laugh out loud!!! But not in a mean way. That's my fix, too. #7 I would tell you my answer, but it would have to break the silence, so I'll put it off a while. Sweet photos of the kiddos. Yea for the Royals kicking off the Series with a win. I love 14-inning games! At the ballpark, they would say the last five innings were free baseball because you pay for nine innings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like Free innings, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of that handsome young man. Yes, I have been procrastinating the same thing - cleaning this house. I do things in spurts but it would sure be helpful to have it all done at the same time. Maybe next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my grandson Darian. He and his little sister live with me!

      Delete
  4. Those were great pictures of Darian and Harley :) Wow, that had to be a great baseball game to watch; lots of excitement I am sure!! I just can't believe we are at the end of October already!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either Betty! And they just won the second game too. I'm pulling for the Royals again for the win!!

      Delete
  5. hot chocolate always warms my bones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, chocolate... I love chocolate. It is the only flavor of dessert. I have a bit of some every day.

    You know, they make jeans with stretch now. Just a little bit, so you can move. My favorite pair of jeans have a bit of stretch in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I know there are jeans with stretch but I still don't find them comfortable.

      Delete
  7. That's such a great picture of Darian in his letter jacket ... he looks like a model, for goodness sake!
    I was actually relieved to read your answer about the blue jeans. Even years ago when I was slim, they felt false and scratchy. Let's hear it for elastic waists!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. I shouldn't tell him. His head will swell! LOL!! Hear! Hear! For elastic waists

      Delete
  8. I am so with you on the procrastinator thing...it drives my beloved SWMBO nuts some times. Next week I'll post something on how our Trunk or Treat thing goes. Thanks for the visit! I'm also pulling for KC to win the World Series ONLY because they are an American League team like my beloved Red Sox.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mice don't bother me too much but I'm keeping watch now we don't have a cat and it's getting colder. I don't like dressing up either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, nice senior pic!!! And I thought that's why they made steel wool, to fill cracks against invading mice!! :-)) Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darian's pics are going to be great!! Mice don't scare me too much, I just don't want them in my house. I love the sound of silence outdoors as well, especially during a hike and the sound of silence under water where you only hear bubbles and an occasional parrot fish crunching on coral.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want them in my house either. And I am scared to death of them. Crazy I know! But it is what it is!

      Delete
  12. I have my radio on at all times, I love hot chocolate , I have stretchy jeans and a cool denim jacket, and those pics of the kids are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the jeans with a little bit of stretch in them. SO much more comfortable than those without. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet found any jeans with stretch that I am in love with!! I'll keep looking

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!