1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?
I enjoy silence! But only in snippets. A lot of silence makes my brain ache. I need sound. I love sound. My TV is always on. Background noise is essential to my being. There is a certain kind of silence, that isn't really silence, in sitting outside on the patio. No human sounds, (unless someone is mowing or using a chain saw) but the rustling of the leaves being tickled by the breeze. Or the chirping of the birds. Or the hammering of the woodpecker driving his suet treat into the tree. Those are the kinds of silence I like!!
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?
I like chocolate. But I don't really crave it. I am NOT a fan of chocolate ice cream, though. Or chocolate pie for that matter. But a nice, HOT, cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows will satisfy me. What is your chocolate pleasure??
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I used to be a blue jeans kind of girl. But not anymore. To me, now that I am much heavier, blue jeans are not comfortable. They don't bend with me. They are too tight on my flabby waist. So I love yoga pants and sweatpants. Elastic waists. I can't even remember the last time I wore blue jeans. And I don't own a jean jacket.
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
Nope, not at all superstitious.
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
I could be a bag lady. Or a hobo. I could be a businessman (Richard's old suits) or I could be a soldier (I wonder if Darian's camo pants would fit me). But I am not into dressing up...either in a costume or in dresses and high heels. So I'll just go as me!! We are going to a party, aren't we?
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
Oh gosh, there is so much that scares me. I am scared of something happening to my kids or grandkids. I pray a lot for them. That is what I do when I am scared. My biggest fear in life is of mice though. Yes, those little tiny grey or brown creatures that dart so quickly you only catch a glimpse. I am terrified of them. My house is stuffed with steel wool in all the cracks in hopes none try to find their way inside.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I will actually start to clean this house! I am such a procrastinator and I can always find a reason to put off these things!! Do you procrastinate??
8. Insert your own random thought here.
How about those Kansas City Royals!!!!! Winning a 14-inning first game in the World Series. I am not much of a baseball fan but this team is near and dear!! Go Royals!! Go all the way!!
Now I have a couple of pictures to share. Yesterday we went on a photography session for Darian's Senior Pictures. I captured these on my phone. Harley is photographing those sunflowers.
|Check out that new letterjacket|
|A budding photographer|