October has been such a beautiful month here in Kansas! How about where you are? This week I am joining with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. She supplies the prompts, we supply our answers and then share!
Let's get started!!
1. October 21, 2015 is Back to the Future Day. Did you see the movie? The sequels? In the second film, Doc takes Marty into the future to prevent Marty's future son from making a mistake. They leave 1985 and land on a 'skyway' on October 21st, 2015. So tell us, what were you doing in the fall of 1985?
Most people who know me know that I don't go to the movies very much. But this is one of the movies I saw with my boys, when they were 14 and 10. I think I slept through parts of it! (I told you I don't go to movies)! In the fall of 1985 I was working at the hospital. I had been out of nursing school 2 years, so I was a fairly new nurse. I was raising kids and working full time. We had not yet moved into this house. Life was good!
2. If time travel were possible, would you want to go to the future? The past?
I do not want to visit the future!! But I might want to visit the past. I would like to talk with my husband once more.
3. We're not flying cars, but some of the technology imagined in the 80's film has indeed come to pass in real life 2015-flat screen TVs on the wall, tablets, fingerprint recognition, video conferencing, online banking, 3-D movies, motion controlled video games, drone cameras, and smart glasses (Google glass). Do you worry technology is growing at a rate so fast we'll soon be unable to keep up with it's demands? Do you think the Internet does more harm than good?
This is a hard one. Without the internet we would not be having this conversation. I think much of the internet is a good thing. To be able to be in instant touch with people. To make new friends without ever leaving your home. I love having information at my fingertips. I love buying things and paying bills without ever leaving home. But......I think since the invention of the internet (and after that cell phones) people don't talk much to each other anymore. Cyber-bullying for kids can be much more devastating. Information that is not intended for kids is readily available to them. So to me it is a toss up!!
4. Your favorite dish prepared in a slow-cooker? Your favorite fast food?
I love roast cooked in the slow cooker. It is so tender it just falls apart and melts in your mouth. My favorite fast food is TACO BELL!! I like their taco salad and the Nacho Grande!
5. No time like the present, down time, face time, pressed for time, in the nick of time, make time, mark time, or just in time...which timely saying most relates to your life right now?
I will say down time most relates to me right now. I have plenty of down time. And I like it this way.
6. Tell us about a place you went as a child or younger person that's no longer there or is now something else. How does that make you feel?
As a teenager I went to a drive-in movie theater that used to be on the corner of Plum and 30th Street here in Hutchinson. It is now a strip mall and surrounded by lots of commercial places. It was all open fields and housing areas back when I was a teen. It really isn't something I think about much to tell the truth!
7. Describe your comfort zone.
My comfort zone is my home. I like being here. I don't like going out! I am not one to need a lot of contact with others. So I am out of my comfort zone anytime I am away from home.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Tomorrow is my youngest son's 40th Birthday!! Happy Birthday to you Justin. I love you!!