Sunday, October 4, 2015

My Simple Woman's Daybook-October 5th Edition


For Today... 


"Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves."

~Humbert Wolfe~


We aren't looking like this yet, but it won't be long. The nights are cool (into the 40's) the colors will be coming. They only last about 10 days. But it will be 10 glorious days of beauty!!

Today is October 5, 2015.

As soon as Peggy gets the October link up I will be joining the ladies and gents over at The Simple Woman's Blog. Care to join us this week?





Outside my window...

Outside my window it is dark. I am writing this on Sunday night. Everyone has gone to bed and the house is quiet. I am struggling with some personal issues and my heart is heavy tonight. Hopefully I can let it all go and sleep quietly. Good sleep restores the soul, don't you think?

 


I am memorizing...

Isaiah 12

12:4

And you will say in that day,
"Give thanks to the Lord,"
Call upon his name,
Make known his deeds.
Among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted.

 


I am thankful...

I am so thankful for all that I have. Sometimes I feel so ungrateful. I need to remind myself that life has really been very good to me. Sure there are stumbling blocks that have set me back. But we all have those. The power of prayer is so important. I am praying about some things and hope to just leave it in God's hands! 


I am wearing...

I am wearing tan shorts and a huge pink "Elvis" tee shirt. Comfy for bedtime soon.


I am creating...

I am creating some positive thoughts and my blog post. Also my weekly menu. I have lots of things on my planning plate and need to get busy before winter comes. Why do I have to be such a procrastinator?


I am watching...

I am watching The Good Wife. This is one of my favorite shows on TV. I love law. I should have become a lawyer instead of a nurse. Nah! I shouldn't have. Nursing was good to be. I can just like law as a hobby!


I am listening to...

Right now I am listening to the highlights of high school football on the TV. No, I am not a football fan, not at all. It's just that is what came on the TV and the remote is too far away for me to change the channel right now!


I am reading...

I am still reading A Child al Confino. I am about half-way though. I really am enjoying a Jewish child's view of what the war did to his family.
 


I am dreaming of...


 
I often dream of being at the beach. Watching the waves come crashing into the shore. I love the sound! I love the feel of the warm sand between my toes. I remember the first time I ever stood on the shores of the Pacific Ocean and looked out in amazement. Water for as far as I could see. It was beautiful. I have also stood on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. But I love the Pacific the best!!














 
I am learning...

I am learning how to get better at playing Solitaire on my phone. Don't these phone games waste a lot of time????


In my garden...

Nothing is going on in the garden. But I do need to get some potting soil for my ficus tree. Then I need to wash it down, spray it for bugs, and bring it back in the house before the nights get so cold. I can't wait to show you before and after pictures of it. Then you will see why I move it outside every spring!
 


In my kitchen...



Monday...Leftovers

Tuesday...Chili and crackers

Wednesday...Ham & Beans, Cornbread

Thursday...Harley's Hamburger Helper

Friday...Chicken Pot Pie

Saturday...Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Sunday...Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn
 
 




A favorite quote for today...



 




















 
A peek into my week...

Monday Darian has debate practice, Tuesday is a free night, Wednesday they have youth group, Thursday Darian goes to Marine Babies, Friday is High School Homecoming. Harley will be selling programs. I don't know if they plan to attend the dance afterwards. It's really just a party. Not really a dance. And the weekend we are playing by ear. Just a normal week.


 




A Favorite Picture for today...
 
 
 
 
 
My beautiful Paige,my fifteen year old granddaughter (Justin's daughter) at homecoming on Saturday, October 3, 2015!! Oh, they grow up so dang fast.

 
 


 



Take Time to Listen to this!! Isn't this the truth? Don't Blink!!
 

***********************************************************************************

18 comments:

  1. Paige is so pretty! I like how you have chili with crackers; we had that growing up; now it seems if we have chili we'll have tortilla chips with it. I was just thinking yesterday (should think it more) how blessed I am and how God has truly blessed me/family over the years; certainly something I do not deserve but grateful for. Hoping you did get a good night's sleep :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. She is very pretty. Looks much like her mother!! We always have crackers and butter with our chili. And often a glass of ice-cold milk. Richard also like a celery stick or two. God has been good to be too! I am grateful!

      Delete
  2. Whatever was so heavy on your heart last night, I hope a good night's sleep has softened. I have to agree with you about the Pacific. GN and I stick our toes in both the Pacific and Atlantic one summer. I hope homecoming week is fun for your grands. Paige is a beauty and thanks for the song! Isn't that the truth?! I loved the interview with the old man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my sleep was good and today things don't feel as heavy! Nighttime can do that can't it? I loved the interview too. And yes, it is all gone in a blink! For sure!

      Delete
  3. I hope this Monday morning finds the world a little brighter for you and eases some of your concerns. Hugs my friend and "don't blink".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I keep trying not to blink!!

      Delete
  4. That's a neat coincidence about "Don't Blink"! (In fact, I thought about embedding the video, but got too lazy.)
    I'm saddened to hear your heart was(is) heavy, Paula. Anything we might do to help lessen your load? (Remember, I know where you live - hee, hee!)

    Totally agree with you about the Pacific. It just seems more ocean-ey and wilder, somehow.

    Paige is stunning ... thanks for sharing that photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am better today Myra! Thank you. It's just some tough child-rearing (the second time around) issues. I have to work through it yet and decide just how I feel!!

      Delete
  5. I hope your heart is lighter today.

    Paige is gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I waste tim..I mean play Words with Friends on my phone. I was in third place overall in points from my friends last week. ;) Some days it's hard not to be a bit "down", but God has us covered! He'll take care of it! Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spend way too much time on my phone playing Candy Crush. And Pyramid Solitaire Saga. When I should be knitting. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, don't they just grow up so quickly? Your Paige is an attractive young lady.
    Hoping all is well with your soul today dear lady and you are more at peace. have a good week.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I am a huge procrastinator, too! I keep thinking to myself, "it won't be long before you start working a few days a week, and you need to have _________ done by then," but my available time gets shorter and shorter and shorter... :P

    Hoping you will find rest for your soul (and body) in the upcoming days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we could fix the procrastination...I'll work on that tomorrow!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!