Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My Simple Woman's Daybook-October 20th Edition

For Today... 

Today is Monday, October 19, 2015. I don't know that I will complete this post today so you might see it on Tuesday. But it really doesn't matter, does it? You can go on over to Peggy's at The Simple Woman's Blog and find all of us who post our daybooks for others to enjoy. She is now only putting the link-up on her blog once a month. Many of us date our entries so we aren't that hard to find. (It is actually Tuesday now!)





Outside my window...

Outside my window is a beautiful fall day. The wind is blowing and dancing with the beautiful fall leaves. I watch as they twirl to the ground in their beautiful golden skirts! Do you like fall? I love the colors and the cool temperatures after such a hot summer. I don't like the promise that winter is on it's way. But with all four seasons comes one that I am not particularly fond of. So, three out of four isn't bad! Right? Right now it is only 69*





I am thinking...

I am thinking about our weekend with a baby in the house. He belonged to Harley. His name is Noah Taylor. Watch the video to get a little taste of Noah at his best. I'll put up some pictures too. It was fun for me to watch. And a good experience for her. She now says she doesn't want babies. "They demand too much" and "I need my sleep at night". This might be a good form of birth control for teenage girls. LOL!!





You will be able to tell by watching that this was the last day having Noah!


First day. She just brought him home
 

Two person job. One holds bottle
The other changes the diaper.
Crying babies is annoying her!

Baby awake every two hours during the night. Mommy is tired!!



 

 





I am thankful...

I am thankful for the experiences the kids got over the weekend. Darian's Debate class hosted a tournament. They didn't participate. Only hosted. Darian's job was to manage the hospitality room for the judges. Keep the coffee going. Pass out cold water bottles and help them with their noon meal. (Provided by the parents...hot dogs, chili, and chips). His teacher said that it was a great tournament. She was proud of her team and thankful to the parents.





I am wearing...

Today I am wearing black slacks and a purple top. I have to pick Harley up soon for her sports physical so I had to dress a bit better than shorts and a tee shirt today





I am creating...

I am creating absolutely nothing more than this blog post and my weekly menu. I am feeling so tired and worn out this morning. Not really sure why! But I am.





I am going...

I am going to pick up Darian's letter jacket from the place that sewed on his name and letter and then take Harley to the doctor. Plenty of activity for me for one day.





I am wondering...

I am wondering if we should clean out the leftovers from the refrigerator today or grab something while we're out this evening. If we do that I can make a run at Target too. Hmmmm!! Pondering, pondering.





I am reading...

I am reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman. It was recommended by my friend Kwizgiver at What if this is as good as it Gets? She writes many book reviews and I almost always enjoy the same books. So far this one I am finding captivating!!





I am hoping...

I am hoping for a good ending to this book. Books with sad endings are bringing me down. And with a Nook it is harder to read the final page to see how it will end. (That is something I almost always did with an actual book).





I am learning...

This week we(my Do Not Depart group) are wrapping up our memorization of Isaiah 12.

Isaiah 12:6

"Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion., for great in your midst is the Holly One of Israel."

This is the Last verse for 2015. For the next few weeks I'll be on my own with memorizing. I am off to find some good verses to work on. Any suggestions?





 

 





In my kitchen...


Monday...We had takeout from Taco Bell

Tuesday...Potatoes, green beans, Sausage

Wednesday...Kids will eat at church

Thursday...Harley's Hamburger Helper

Friday...Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup

Saturday...Haven't decided yet. We need to celebrate Justin's birthday if they come over. We might go to Olive Garden!!

Sunday...Baked chicken and stuffing

 





 





A favorite quote for today...


 
 
 
 
Happy Tuesday friends! I feel like I am a day behind!!
 






 





 

 





********************************************


20 comments:

  1. LOL! The look on Harley's face in the video is priceless! Yes, I agree. This could be a great form of birth control for teenage girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was like "I am so over this".

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! Love the video!!! I see the babies at football games and the kids are so not into it there too. Good program, though. Stuffing!!! I forget about stuffing. GN loves it. Thanks for the memory jog. And I have given you the following bible verse before: John 11:35. Short verse, but packs a punch in context when one realizes that the wrath against death is softened into tears of love. Or . . . you could look at Genesis 37. It's a family story. In a couple days I will be starting a long, 1492 page, Genesis 37 journey. (psst. take the short verse again) Stuffing! Gotta make stuffing! GN will be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I will work on memorizing John 11:35 again! It's a tough one. I WILL look at Genesis 37! Stuffing....we have it quite often. It's called Stove Top. My kids love it too!!

      Delete
  3. That video and the pictures are priceless! Wasn't it just last year Darian had his own baby? This is such a great life lesson.

    'Hope you're feeling better today ... not so worn out. (Naps are GOOD!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel a bit more rested today! Yes, it was last year that Darian brought home a baby! Harley did much better grade-wise with hers, but she was just as frustrated. I think it is an excellent lesson for both boys and girls!

      Delete
  4. Great experience with Harley and the baby :) My niece had the same project when she was in high school. Her baby went off when she was stuck in traffic and couldn't get to the baby for a bit. However, she did go on to have 3 kids (after she got married at age 22). I like the change of the season in fall to cooler temps, but I'm with you, I'm not looking forward to the approaching cool winter months.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley's teacher didn't activate the babies to start until after they got home. And Harley was adamant about not going anywhere over the weekend. We will see, in the long run, how this affects her life's choices when it comes to kids!!

      Delete
  5. Hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. :-) I listened to it and the narration was very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been very successful with 'listening' to books. I usually fall asleep and then my place is lost and hard to find. So far I am really enjoying the book. I would have loved to know Ove.

      Delete
  6. But you can read the last page of a book on a Nook. Bookmark where you are. Then take the little slider thingy and move it to the end. (Not that I do it, but I know how.) Not as elegant as flipping to the last page, but once you get the hang of navigating...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no! Don't tell me how. Now I will do it!! I always read the last page of every book I read!! The suspense always got to me.

      Delete
  7. Brings back memories of when Tingting had her baby...but she wouldn't allow us to call it a baby. Every time we would say the baby needs attention she would say "It's a robot" it can't die LOL. I am glad she feels differently about her real baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But not taking care of it would bring about a very bad grade. Harley ended up getting a B. Darian got an F when he had his!!

      Delete
  8. Hey Paula: I thought of you tonight when I read the article at this link: https://www.yahoo.com/makers/diy-pumpkin-spice-latte-syrup-easy-natural-001819194.html

    Didn't you have pumpkin spice something on your fall bucket list? I think I may try it too. I'm going to whip it up tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pumpkin Spice Lattee. I'm off to visit this llink!! Thank you Gram, so much!

      Delete
  9. Hi,
    I happened to read an old comment of yours on a repost over at We Are That Family where you referenced your husband's Parkinson's. I see now that it was an old post, but I didn't realize that until coming over here and poking around a bit on your blog and seeing the timing of things.
    My dad has Parkinson's, was diagnosed in 2006, and is declining more rapidly now. My mom is his sole caregiver and it's starting to get really hard on her. Can you give me any ideas of how I can support her?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!