Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Letters

 
 
 
 
A weekend is upon us! Justin and Paige will be here. Well, mostly Paige, as Justin is working a bit of over-time. The kids have activites tonight: Harley is selling programs at the Homecoming Football Game for her FCCLA group. I will take Paige over and drop her off at the game. She went to school here with Harley until the middle of 8th grade. So all of Harley's friends are also Paige's friends. They will have fun at the game. Our high school does not have a Homecoming dance, just a party afterwards. The girls don't want to go so I'll go back and pick them up after the game. Go Crusaders!! Darian is going to a new girl's house (notice how I carefully did not call her his girlfriend? I made that mistake once this week. LOL!) tonight and watch a movie. So Granny will be a taxi service and stay home and watch Shark Tank and Blue Bloods! On to my letters now!!
 
 
Dear Scandal:
 
Loving the show so far this season. I can't imagine how crazy this country would go if this was actually going on in the White House right now! I do feel snippets of the Clinton's White House years. And now Mellie (Hillary) wants to be President!! You go girl!
 
 
 
 
Dear Mr. Big Shot Oil Company:
 
So you really felt the need to make the gas prices jump 41 cents overnight? I am glad that I had already pumped gas into my car on Tuesday because that is ridiculous. The news tonight said that it is because the refineries are doing maintenance and the rig counts are down. But I really just think it is greed!! Let's get down to giving the consumer a break here. (For those interested my gas is now $2.45 a gallon. I am sure many of you pay much more than that. So I am sorry if I sound whiny!)
 
 
Dear Harley:
 
 
No, it is not that time of the month for me!!! And that is a very disrespectful thing to say to me or any other woman. I was in a bad mood because I am getting tired of saying the same things over and over. Do your chores without my having to ask. Pick up after yourself. And quit leaving your homework until the last minute and I will be much more pleasant. I quit having "those times of the month" years ago. So find another reason to blame my mood on! Love you girl!!
 
 
Wishing you all a great weekend. We have wonderful weather here so some fall items on my bucket list will get checked off!! See you Monday!
 


16 comments:

  1. Dear Harley: Respect is a cornerstone of life. Laying it will be among your wisest decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will. Thanks for that advice Joanne. I will pass it along to her!

      Delete
  2. I Love Blue Bloods. I'll be watching with you! Gas jumped here too. Ouch! Bet I can make you laugh, though. Read the third sentence of your letter to Harley aloud, but add three more "overs' to it and tell me when you laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my with Harley's question to you. I agree with what Joanne said about respect being a cornerstone of life. California's gas prices would do the same, up majorly, always blaming it on a refinery this or that, and then a few months later they would go back down. I think its a way for the oil companies to get more revenue myself.

    Have a fun weekend!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! I hope you guys have a great weekend as well!!

      Delete
  4. Not sure what's up with the Big Shots? Why, ours dropped 4-cents in the last few days to $2.15, or $2.19 depending.

    Sorry, but I almost snickered at Harley's comment. No, Paula. I'm sure it wasn't funny in the slightest, but I'm guessing she heard someone else (older) use that expression and sound 'wise.' Oh, to be a teenie again, impatient to be older!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the heck?? How did yours drop while ours went up so much. I know, Myra, I kind of snickered too. But I didn't let her know it. I think she probably heard her dad say that to her mother at some time. If I had a better relationship with him I'd slap the crap out of him. Have a fun weekend.

      Delete
  5. Oh man. Hate the "time of the month" rebukes. Can't someone be upset for good reason without someone deflecting? (Of course, it is my "time of the month", so I might be a bit more irritable about it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Liz, you made me laugh out loud. Really!! Thanks for lifting me up!!

      Delete
  6. Come to California... then complain about the gas. You have it good there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sure we probably did have it cheap here. But still! 45 cents overnight!!

      Delete
  7. I didn't see about the gas prices going up --I've been buried in a project this last week -- but I did fill up earlier in the week and paid $1.97/gallon. It was so nice to only spend $15 to fill up (I was only down about half but I wanted to fill it up anyway to get a discounted car wash).

    Funny letter to Harley. I can only imagine your frustrations. And then to have that comment come out of her mouth!

    Hope you have fun doing your Fall things...

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have found gas less than $2 yet. Yes, she can frustrate me at times. But gotta love her!!

      Delete
  8. Oh my....I don't quite know what to make of Haley's remark to you. She is just at that age where she speaks before she thinks. Good job calling her out on it and demanding the respect you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is definitely the teenage years. And a girl is so different than the boys I raised many moons ago!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!