Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Letters



As we near the end of October (eek, I know!!) it is time to write some letters.


Dear Social Security Office:

Thank you for the positive experience you provided to Darian and Harley today as you helped them apply for their replacement cards. Past experiences with this office have not always been most pleasant. Today you changed that view!! This is how you create positive experiences.


Dear WalMart Beauty Box:

Fall Beauty Box
Today I received my second box. For only $5.00 So far I have found this to be worth the money. Last month when I received a full-size product it proved to be worth the $5.00. This time I got very generous samples of Aveeno Daily Moisturizer, Amlactin Body lotion, Dove Body Wash, Aussie Hairspray, ACT mouthwash, and a Nutrogena mascara. All of this plus the single samples and coupons makes this a well-spent $5.00 Thank you Walmart!


Dear Wildlife that Occupies my Backyard:

For the second time this month one of you have scared me to death. Big Mama deer: While I was  standing quietly in the dark looking down the street you ran behind me. Between me and the house. I nearly peed my pants. And Mr. Opossum ,last night when I stepped onto the patio and you scurried away right in front of me, I once again had a near heart attack. I guess I should turn on a light and make a noise before I venture outside after dark!!

Dear Darian and Amy:

Time once again for Winter Formal!! This was the proposal! Hope you have fun!

Happened during Debate Class


 
 
Wishing everyone a great weekend!





*For those interested in the Walmart Beauty Box you can sign up here.

14 comments:

  1. I am glad you included the link for the Walmart beauty box; it sounds interesting :) Cute with the proposal for the winter formal :) LOL with the wildlife; might have to start carrying a stick with you when you venture outside at night :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check it out Betty. A stick is a good idea!

      Delete
  2. Yikes! I've no doubt you were startled out of your mind by the deer and the opossum. Now, I'd LOVE to see either one of them up close,but any sudden, unexpected movement is just plain creepy. (Like the cockroach that came riding out atop the storage box I pulled from behind my office credenza yesterday morning!)

    That's "Winter Formal" proposal is so novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any invitations now need a lot of fanfare!!

      Delete
  3. I was just writing the date on something, and I had to remind myself that it's still 2015. Yep, I almost wrote 2016. So, apparently time isn't moving fast enough for me or something.

    Wildlife... I had a few close calls with skunks a couple years back. Not the sort of thing you want to run into at 1 o'clock in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only seen one skunk around here in the past 25 years

      Delete
  4. An opossum! I know what that is, but I have never seen a real one. Now deer I see frequently. they live across the street and come over for dinner in the garden all the time. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you have never seen a real opossum! We have lots of them around here. Usually I see them dead on the highway though. This one comes to my backyard every night!

      Delete
  5. I hate possums, ugh....they are such mean nasty things. What a pretty young lady Darian is going formal with. A very attractive couple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Paula, what a lovely writer you are. It is good to be back. You have more wildlife than I, who actually live in the wild. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We see quite a bit. And I live within the city limits. There are also flocks of turkeys, foxes, coyotes and plenty of deer and opossum!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!