Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Letters

 
 
 
Harley said last night, "did anyone else think this week went by really fast." I raised my hand. How about you??
 
 
Dear Mother Nature:
 
 
Right now I am loving you so much. They predict we will be down into the 40's by the weekend. What can be better than this for fall weather? Thank you Mother. You are the best!
 
 
 
Dear Electric Company:
 
First of all I need to apologize that you won't be getting any more of those incredibly big checks, from me, until again next summer. I am truly (Not) sorry! But what the heck was that all about yesterday?? Taking a shower in the early afternoon, in my tiny bathroom without a window, and the power goes off. I'm home alone. I am sorry for the curse word that slipped from my lips. But it was pitch black and I was not sure if it was the power going out or a Alfred Hitchcock scene about to happen. Really, now. Enough with these power outages!! That was the second one in two weeks. The one in the middle of the night was much better. Less scarey! Maybe? I'm not sure.
 
 
Dear Left Shoulder:
 
 
I am really tired of you aching. Do I sleep on you too much. Or do I have some clogged arteries and it's my heart? Or I am that kind of nurse? I either make it into a big issue or I make light of it!! What to do? What to do?
 
 
 
Dear President Obama:
 
 
I do not always agree with you. But you got it right yesterday in your news conference, as far as I am concerned. Another senseless school shooting! It is becoming too routine. And yes, your response, is becoming routine. And the media's response is routine. BUT what are we going to do about it?? I don't know the answer. But I do know that there have been way too many deaths this year caused by someone holding a gun in their hand. As a nation we need to figure out how to make our kids at school safer, somehow! I agree with your words:
 

. “And I would particularly ask America’s gun owners who are using those guns properly, safely, to hunt for sport, for protecting their families, to think about whether your views are being properly represented by the organization that suggests it is speaking for you,” he said.

What is the answer, Mr. President? I wish I knew!!


Happy weekend to all my friends and family who are reading. Stay safe!!!!!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - the senseless shooting ... so so sad for those families and friends.

    The weather is wonderful here - and I'm happy if it stays as it is for as long as possible .. I'm still in a summer skirt - and hanging on in there! Sunny and warm too .. chilling up now - take care and enjoy the weekend with the kids - Harley must be growing old if time is going that quickly!! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! I'll tell her she is growing old!! Yes, it is sad. I don't know what I'd do if I sent my child to school and he was shot! Hope you have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  2. Oh Paula, your note to the electric company cracks me up! ('Tho I, too, would've been freaked when the lights went out!)

    Send me some of your cool temps, won't you? I think it was 106-degrees day before yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember that olden Smothers Brothers routine?
      ..."Mother always did like you best"! :)

      Delete
    2. I checked on your weather last night Myra. Hard to believe you are still in the 100's! If I figure out how to package a cool day I'll let you know to start watching your mail!!

      Delete
  3. We've had cooler temps and rain rain and more rain! Since last Sunday! And it is going to keep coming through the first of next week I think!

    Oh my - I would have freaked if I had been in the shower and the lights went out! I freak when I'm not in the shower and they go out at night - especially those times my husband is gone!!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys are going to have some big rains this coming weekend!! Be careful. I'll pray for no flooding or winds at your house.

      Delete
  4. Okay, I must be incredibly naive. Your checks to the electric company aren't bigger in winter with the furnace on? Just curious. Every time I hear the furnace kick in, I can hear my checkbook sobbing. Hope your weekend is glorious. It's looking pretty fabulous here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heat with a gas furnace. So, no the electric bill goes down and the gas bill goes up. I have a gas furnace and a gas water heater so it is not as high as A/C is in the summer. Looking like it will be a great weekend here too. Are you in Eden Prairie?? I have someone from Eden Prairie that my live traffic feed checks in. That is where we almost moved back in the day. Richard was working for Eaton and possibly going to be transferred.

      Delete
    2. I'm not in Eden Prairie, but I've heard of Eaton. My location service is turned off on my device which means my location does not register on live feed trackers. Thanks for the explanation about your bill.

      Delete
    3. Ah, I didn't know you could turn off your location service. Do you use a phone for all of your blogging. I hardly ever write answers on my phone. My eyes have trouble when it's that small!

      Delete
    4. I don't use a phone for my blogging. I wish I did because then I'd have an excuse for the typos that get through.

      Delete
  5. It's downright cold here, and the worst is yet to come. I'm not a winter person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sitting on the patio in the back today. It was plenty cool when there was a breeze. It is only 69* right now at 4:30!!

      Delete
  6. I agree with Harley, this week went by fast, but lately all the weeks have gone by fast. We are supposed to cool down over the next few days; we'll have a bit I think between when we need to run the air conditioner and before we run the heater. I was thrilled today to cancel all our utilities at the house in San Diego since escrow closed yesterday. No double utilities (not that they were high there at the house since it was vacant, but we still had to keep them on since the house was on the market for inspections, etc. I had to laugh in that the last water bill we had used no water, but got all the other fees that had to be paid.)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy with utility bills, isn't it! I am just glad the electric and gas aren't high at the same times of the year. And my water bill definitely went up with teenagers who like to hang out and have concerts in the shower!!

      Delete
  7. The week did kind of fly. But then again, I was limping through it with a cold, so I was hoping for the days to fly by so I could get to the part where I was well again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley has a cold too! Maybe that's why it seemed faster to her!

      Delete
  8. It wouldn't hurt for you to have an annual check up and while you are there please mention your shoulder to the doc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Had to get that in, didn't you? I will listen I promise.

      Delete
  9. I didn't do my Friday Letters, but I love the fall you are having and wish here in So Cal it was getting cooler too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay Katy! They are not a requirement. I hope you get cooler in So. Cali too!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!