Thursday, October 15, 2015

Dear Friday

Another Friday is here! Seems like I wake up on Monday and before I know it here it is Friday. The weather here in Kansas is beautiful. Feels very fall-like, even though our past two days have gotten close to 90*. The weatherman tonight talked about frost soon. It's coming folks! It's coming!

 
 
 
Dear Jostens:
 
 
It is hard to believe that your company is still representing high school graduation and class rings all these many years later. I "borrowed" my cap and gown from you many years ago (1969) when I graduated from high school. Now we have to buy them!! What does one do with a cap and gown after graduation is over? We ordered announcements and I had to talk him into them. He just can't see why this is all so important!! Thank you for keeping it somewhat? affordable.
 
 
 
Dear Facebook Friend:
 
 
It is not okay to post that you have Lab puppies for sale that will be ready for Christmas presents. And then to tag Harley. Just not nice!! Yes, she wants one really badly. And no, not yet. Maybe after she graduates from high school and has her own apartment. He he he!
 
 
Dear Westar:
 
Thanks for the note you left on my door to let me know you will be trimming trees in my backyard. I know how important it is to keep the branches, when coated in ice, from knocking out the electrical lines. But, the tree you sprayed for trimming isn't even close to the lines. Unless the whole thing fell over I don't think any ice coated braches would take out any lines. But, hey, if you want to trim it up, I'm okay with that! Just clean up after yourselves!!
 
Dear Blogging Friends:
 
You all know how much I love you! And how happy I am you continue to come and read my blog. I hope that everyone has a very happy weekend. We are having a baby here this weekend. More news about that on Monday!


16 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - lucky you with the weather .. mind you we have cloud, which keeps it warm. Sounds like you're on top of things ... you too have a good weekend and we await 'the baby' .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to tell you all about the baby!!

      Delete
  2. I found Justens again, after all these years. A yearbook is $50, no frills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that it is one-stop shopping for all of his graduation needs!

      Delete
  3. Hoe fun with the baby, look forward to that story. It is neat jostens is still around. I still have son's graduation gown and hat here. One day I am sure the gown at least will go to goodwill. I agree for Harley to be on her own before she gets a dog. Koda was originally son's dog, we all know the rest of that story. Have a great weekend.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a dog is just not something I want for now. Our last two dogs, Stonewall and Duchess, belonged to our sons before they left home. And we finished raising them! And now I have his kids!!

      Delete
  4. I'm shocked that you'd have to pay for a cap and gown! Is there, perhaps, a resale market for those sorts of things? Even back in '68, my mom was able to sell my high-school letter sweater for almost what she paid for it two years prior.

    I agree with Betty. Unless everyone in the household on board with the idea of adopting, something gonna give. (Sorry, Harley.)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not real expensive ($27) but still. We borrowed ours and had to return the cap and gown after the ceremony before we got our diploma! Things have changed with everything!!

      Delete
  5. I think Jostens found it easier to not have to get the caps and gowns back. You could turn them into interesting Halloween costumes...

    As for announcements, tell him the bonus of sending out announcements--cash! I don't think most kiddos know that when you send someone a graduation announcement, gifts get sent in return. And many gifts are of the folding variety. I didn't know that when I graduated, but it was a nice little surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they wanted to make money off the graduates. But it is easier than having to stand in line and turn them back in. I told him that about the announcements. He didn't seem impressed!!

      Delete
  6. We love you too and I can't wait to hear baby news....oh and Harley really does need a puppy and lab puppies are perfect!!! I miss my Princess Fiona so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOO! There will not be a puppy here. She is going to go away to college and I don't want a dog to take care of!

      Delete
  7. Cap and gowns are like wedding dresses, just pass them down. Or it could be used for puppy bedding :)
    Sounds like it's Harley's time to bring the little brat home for the weekend. Grandma can baby sit.
    Warm and dry here, lake is down almost 2 feet, grass at Misty's has stopped grown. My yard will need mowed soon, with Jamie's John Deere 48" cut that he is leaving there. Doctor told him he needed to push his yard.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!