1. What have you 'fallen for' recently?
I can't think of a single thing that I have fallen for lately. Unless it would be decorating my Happy Planner. I do enjoy doing that. Here is a peek at a weekly spread in October! And I used some stickers I had been hoarding.
2. What's something you're 'squirreling away' for later?
If you would ask my youngest son he would tell you that I am a hoarder. But I'm not! Have you seen that show? My house doesn't look a thing like any of those places. My closets might. But it's all neatly put away. I keep craft supplies, scrapbooking things, art supplies all neatly tucked in bins for that "someday when I get free time". Maybe I am there now. I have been going through a bin full of rubber stamps (Stampin' Up). I doubt that I will suddenly start making cards. But I can't seem to part with any of them. What to do! What to do! Do you have hoards like this too?
3. How do you like your apples? Sweet? Tart? Crisp? Cooked? Apples are one of the superfoods for fall...how often do you eat an apple either plain or as part of a favorite recipe? What's your favorite variety?
One of my favorite things about fall is apples. We used to go over to the apple orchard and pick our own. That orchard no longer exists but I still buy a bushel of apples every fall. This year I bought Gala and Fuji apples. I love them crisp and sweet. Here are a few "Did you Know's" about apples.
1) Did you know that apples are part of the rose family?
2) Did you know that 29% of all fruit consumed everyday are apples?
3) Did you know that it takes 2 pounds of apples to make one 9 inch pie?
4) Did you know that every state in the USA grows apples?
Richard and I would make a fall trip to Colorado every year just to see the Aspens. Richard loved Colorado and always wanted to live there. We talked about it but never made the leap. Colorado is where I will scatter his ashes one day (when I am ready). I would love to make a trip to the Green Mountain Byway in Vermont. I have never visited those states and would love to go. Maybe someday!
5. The topic of legalizing marijuana was raised in the most recent televised political debate so let's wade in too. Twenty-three states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form. Four states have legalize marijuana for recreational use. Your thoughts?
I have a son who is a drug addict. He started with marijuana. I know that many will tell you that marijuana is NOT a Gateway drug. But you will find me hard pressed to believe that. I am sure that not every person who smokes marijuana moves on to harder drugs. But many do! I do not want marijuana to become legalized. In the state I live in, Kansas, marijuana is not legal to possess, sell, or manufacture. Even medical marijuana is illegal. I have read many research articles on the pros and cons of medical marijuana and it seems there is not a clear cut answer that it is beneficial. I am going to continue to vote no on it's legalization.
I have been known to start watching a movie in the middle. But I'm not fond of that. I am not really a big movie watcher. I will watch if it is on and I am not the controller of the remote controller. I have also began TV series in the middle. But if I really like the show then I will go back and watch all the other seasons. I purchased past seasons of both The Good Wife and Army Wives and watched all the seasons. I want to do the same with Scandal.
7. Thursday (September 24) is National Punctuation Day. What rule of punctuation trips you up most often? What rule of punctuation, when broken by someone else, bugs you the most?
Rule 4. Overuse of exclamation points is a sign of undisciplined writing. Do not use even one of these marks unless you're convinced it is justified.
That is the rule I most often break!! I overuse exclamation points. Just the way I write!! I guess you might call me an undisciplined writer!! Go ahead! I don't care if you call me that!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is the First Day of Fall!!