Thursday, September 24, 2015

One Plus One


Overview

One single mom. One chaotic family. One quirky stranger. One irresistible love story from the New York Times bestselling author of Me Before You

American audiences have fallen in love with Jojo Moyes. Ever since she debuted Stateside she has captivated readers and reviewers alike, and hit the New York Times bestseller list with the word-of-mouth sensation Me Before You. Now, with One Plus One, she’s written another contemporary opposites-attract love story.

Suppose your life sucks. A lot. Your husband has done a vanishing act, your teenage stepson is being bullied, and your math whiz daughter has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that you can’t afford to pay for. That’s Jess’s life in a nutshell—until an unexpected knight in shining armor offers to rescue them. Only Jess’s knight turns out to be Geeky Ed, the obnoxious tech millionaire whose vacation home she happens to clean. But Ed has big problems of his own, and driving the dysfunctional family to the Math Olympiad feels like his first unselfish act in ages . . . maybe ever.

One Plus One is Jojo Moyes at her astounding best. You’ll laugh, you’ll weep, and when you flip the last page, you’ll want to start all over again.



Last night I finished reading One Plus One by Jojo Moyes. This was my second book of hers, having read Me Before You earlier this year. You can read my review of that book here. This is another great book that I highly recommend.

So much of this book resonated with me and my life. My family is quirky, so say the least. This piece in the book "In our family all our pegs and holes belonged somewhere else first, and they're all sort of jammed in a bit lopsided" reminded me of how much we are just not the typical mold. The main story is told by Jess, the single mom, trying to hold things together in a world where there are bullies, husbands who aren't living at home, and never enough money. She is just trying to show her kids that good things can happen while things continue to fall apart all around them. I loved every single one of the main characters. Even the Goth, mascara-wearing boy. And the description of Norman, the slobbering, big lug of a dog, made me feel he was right there next to me drooling all over my lap. I loved this book. She could easily become one of my favorite authors.  


12 comments:

  1. This does sound like a good book. Another one to add to my ever growing reading list :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books so little time....adding this one to the queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read this one. Have you read Me Before You?

      Delete
  3. I haven't had time to read any books of late. When I do I may start with this one. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun read. Although, you can keep the slobbering dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I really don't want the slobbering dog either. But I love how well she described him!

      Delete
  5. All the pegs and holes belonged somewhere else first ... I feel that way at work all the time!
    This does sound like a sweet read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that Myra! You will like this book!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book! I know I loved it! (I'm conscious now of my exclamation points) And I agree, she is one of my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am overly conscious too!! I loved this book. I have to find more of hers to read

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!