1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house?
We have lived in this house for 27 years. That is a long, long time to live in the same house. If I were to move I need a good purge to get rid of 27 years of accumulation. I have loved living in this house but I am ready to let go of it. I would like to move into a house with a smaller yard. I would like less floor space too. So I have been on the lookout. It is not something I will do quickly. The house I find has to be the perfect small home for me to live in the rest of my life. And of course I have to sell this one for the perfect price. I think I will stay in the same town. But maybe not. I might move to a smaller town too. Time will tell!
2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
This is easy! I was last moved to tears just yesterday. I was scrolling through my phone and came upon this snip of a video. I wish I had made more than one video of hearing his voice. I love to play this over and over. (He had had a hefty dose of Morphine just before this recording) It will forever be precious to me. And to all of you who are reading....don't forget, along with pictures, to record audio/videos of your loved ones. They will be priceless to you when this person is gone from our earth.
(To those who might be reading and not know this is my husband. He died on July 21, 2014).
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
There are no rules for eating in the car in this house. There are no forbidden foods. The last food I ate in the car was French fries from McDonald's after grabbing hamburgers for lunch. Who can wait until you get home with that smell wafting through the car?
I have a few songs that remind me of being in the car with my mom. And lots of music that reminds me of traveling with my kids. But this song, right now, is one of my favorites of recent years that relates to a car. Love George Strait!!
5. What's your most frequently visited drive-thru...Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
I drive through Taco Bell more than anywhere else in town. A taco salad and Nachos Grande! Yum!
6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
I do NOT make decisions quickly. I have to think things over. In fact, sometimes, I take so long thinking about something that it never gets done. Like painting Darian's bedroom. I need to just go pick up a gallon of paint and quit talking about it. The poor kid's bedroom has been spackled and ready for a year now!
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
It has been quite a number of years since I was last lost. We had taken a small road trip with our 'adopted' daughter, Heather and her husband Marvin. This was before any of us had cell phones. For some reason, I can't even remember now, we took 2 cars. Maybe we met them there. I don't know. Our road trip took us to Abilene, Kansas. We ate at The Brookville Hotel. (If you ever come to Kansas this is an eating establishment that should be on your itinerary. Home style cooking,
|The original in Brookville, Kansas|
|The new restaurant in Abilene, Kansas|
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so excited. I am planning a picnic. I even took a chance and told the kids about it. (You know how sometimes what you think sounds fun isn't what a teen thinks is fun?) They both are excited too. So on Tuesday we are going to pack Grandma Beale's old picnic basket full of goodies and head down to the park. Harley and I are going to take along a book. Darian wants to take his fishing gear! I'll let you know how it goes. Sounds like a good way to finish off summer, doesn't it?