Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Letters

 
 
 
The last Friday Letters of August. August was a busy month! Now I am hoping things will quiet down and I will fall into a good schedule. I will need to monitor myself to make sure I get things done and not just become a couch potato! So here we go:
 
 
Dear Next Door Neighbors:
 
I'm sad to see you starting to pack things up. I know you told me this summer you would be putting your house on the market in the fall and moving. But, seeing you load up a trailer with all of your outdoor things today made me feel a bit sad. We have seen several families in that house since we have lived here. But you were the best of all of them!! I will miss you guys. I wish you well! I won't say good-bye Crooks just yet! (we loved having Crooks live next to us. Their name always gave us a smile when we said it).
 
 
Dear High School:
 


First Day of School



Darian's last first day!!!
see below






 
 

Hope your day was good with all 675 students as it was for my two high school kids. They are excited. Harley loved her classes and was happy to find out that some of her friends were in each class. She was so worried she wouldn't know anyone in her classes. (DUH!) She came home happy and exhausted. She said she
didn't sleep well Wednesday night because she was so nervous about the first day. Darian, too, enjoyed his first day and it was a long one. After school they had a 3 1/2 hour debate practice. (I'll talk more about that in upcoming posts). Then he came home and hooked up on Skype, with another debate partner, and studied until 10 p.m. He has a fun Senior year ahead of him. Shouldn't be too hard. If he stays on task in his classes. (go ahead and laugh at the old lady who decided to photo bomb their back to school selfie. She didn't have time to comb her hair or put on some make-up for the photo! So she just snuck into the background. Ha! Ha! And it was 6:30 in the morning for goodness sake) 
 
 
Dear Car:
 
Okay I finally caught you! Yes, you are leaking coolant. I filled it and after driving to the grocery store I came home, parked in the driveway, and watched for the drip. There it was. Coming right from the cracks in the plastic ends of the aluminum radiator. I checked out O'Reilly's and the part is around $98.00. The repair shop shows that it takes about 2 hours and they charge around $80.00 at hour so I am guessing it will be around $400+ to get it all fixed up.(have to figure in hoses and coolant). Damn, damn, and double damn! Always something isn't it? 
 
Dear Lawn Mower:
 
I'm going to grab my sun glasses, my water bottle, my music and earphones. Then you and I are going to rumble around the yard later. Is it a date? I'll leave the weed eating to the kids when they get out of school later. That things kills my back when I use it!! Besides they are younger. And I'm the boss. See you later my little green tractor.
 
 
Dear God:
 
Thank you for protecting us. Keeping us safe from harm. I know I don't talk to you as often as I should but you are always there watching over us. I have a special friend I want you to be kind to this week. Ellie is struggling and she needs your arms around her to get her through this difficult time! In this house you are KING! Amen.
 
 
Hope everyone is getting ready for another wonderful weekend. And I will see you again on Monday! Rock on!!!! 
 








16 comments:

  1. So home schooling is not an option??? Hahaha. I know there are folks that choose home schooling but that thought never crossed my mind when my kids were little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooooooo home schooling not an option. I'm a nurse. I'll let the teachers teach. It'd make me crazier than I am

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear Ellie is struggling, but I know God is on her side :) So cute with the pictures of the kids and you on their first day back to school! Glad to hear it was a great one for the two of them!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' your photo bomb, Paula! I may have to 'snatch' a copy and put on my phone :)
    You're right about there always being 'something' with our cars. Monday morning I killed one of my nearly-new tires (thank God for protection plans); but it was a royal inconvenience all the same.

    Sayin' a prayer for Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snatch away. It'll keep the mice and bugs away. And snakes. I promise lol

      Delete
  4. The kids are so cute!! That is the best photo bomb!!! Good for you for doing that. The kids will love that later. Prayers for Ellie and the kids school year. I do see a Vera backpack on Harley. Its so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollie. Yes she really think she's special having both a VB backpack AND a laptop bag. She has them all set up for which bag goes for which day!! Once again, thank you so much!!

      Delete
  5. Love the photo bomb, thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "Friday Letters" and always enjoy reading them. You make me smile :)
    Sorry about the car problem :(
    Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the first day of school. Glad it went smoothly for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Paula!! I love you so much! I love your photo bomb, that was GREAT!! My gosh, I have so much to catch up on with you! I am so glad the first day of school went well. Drat, coolant leaks are a royal pain in the rump roast ( and I hate the smell of coolant leaking, blechhhh!) I will email you when I get a moment, but THANK YOU SO MUCH! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!