Thursday, August 6, 2015

Friday Letters

 
 
 
 
 
Hello August and Good-bye July: I hardly remember July. You came and went so fast. But I welcome August for more reasons than it means back to school! I love back-to-school. I look forward to having some 'me' time. Thank you summer! You didn't treat me too badly.
 
 
Dear Gasoline Industry: I am so very happy that the price of gasoline is lower than it was last year. Checking on Kansas Gas Buddy, we are paying $2.39 today in Hutchinson as opposed to $3.30 a year ago. While it is very good for my pocketbook it is not so good for others whom I love. Paige's mom, Brooke, works in the gas industry and she has had to take a pay cut and her hours were cut. It just sucks that what helps one has to hurt another. Sending you my love, Brooke!
 
Dear Grocery Store: Ouch! That is all I have to say! I'll see you next week.
 
Dear Justin: You have become a traveling fool. I am happy you are finally taking time to have a life. Last weekend Arkansas. This weekend Texas. Sure hope I am getting some good souvenirs. See you next weekend??
 
Dear Myra: You rock lady! What an exciting surprise to open the door to the mailman today (and he knocked loud enough to wake me up) and have a package from you. I love every thing in the box. Harley and I squealed with delight at all the stickers for our Happy Planers. The purple and green picture frame is going to look fantastic sitting on my desk. Harley is already planning what picture she wants to take for the frame. I was thinking about one of Papa, but she thinks it should be of Darian, her and me!! We'll see who wins. We love you to the moon and back Myra!!!!!!!!!!
 
That's it! My Friday Letters to sum up the week. What has been going on in your life? Want to share?
 
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. If I accomplish August I can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so much truth in that, isn't there Joanne?

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to say hi! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sad about the gas industry; you are right, our gain is someone else's loss with hours cut, etc. I too am amazed how fast July went, a blur now that I think of it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. The year is flying by! I'm looking forward to the fall and cooler temps. I've started many new knitting projects this past week - including about a zillion (well about 6 or 7) dishcloths! I need something easy to knit when my mind cannot concentrate....

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to the kids being back in school!!

      Delete
  6. Your letter to the grocery store sounds exactly like mine. Nice to know I'm not the only one it leaves cradling her wallet like a wounded soldier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That grocery store is always assaulting my pocketbook!

      Delete
  7. Boy, I hear you about pain at the grocery store! Tom does the majority of our food shopping, so I'm not 'up' on what's a bargain and what's not.
    Last I filled my car, our gas was going for $2.85. I probably shouldn't admit this, but I remember vividly when people were talking about how awful it was that gasoline hit $1.
    I sure don't understand the petroleum industry where the 'fat cats' are making $$$ hand-over-fist and their employees have to suffer the consequences of supply and demand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard used to do all of our shopping too. Before he had a stroke. I loved that I never had to go. There is just so much 'sticker-shock'.

      Delete
  8. $2.39 for gas? I am jealous!!!! I bought you your own copy of Daphne's Diary magazine and will be happy to mail it to you if you wish to email me your snail mail address: goodnightgram@yahoo.com
    You certainly don't have to accept and I will not feel insulted at all if you chose to say "No thank you." I firmly support privacy.
    The offer is in the table for you. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you Gram. I'll send you my address! Yes, I imagine that gas is higher in your neck of the woods.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. We had a pretty good week here Liz. How about you?

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!