Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Nominated!

Who doesn't love being nominated for awards? I know that I love it!! My good blogging friend,
Wendy, from A Day in the Life on the Farm has nominated me for the Liebster Award.
I am very, very honored to receive this award. Thank you so much Wendy! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Those who are nominated for this award must also follow a few simple rules.  These are as follows:

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog
  • Display the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
  • Answer 11 questions about yourself.  These are provided by the person who nominated you.
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself  if you wish.  This is optional but fun.
  • Nominate 5 or more bloggers with less than a thousand followers who you believe deserve this reward.
  • Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominees. (I cheated here)
  • Notify your nominees.

Now I get to tell you 11 random facts about myself. I have been blogging for a long time. I don't know if there is anything you don't already know. But I'll give it a whirl.

1. I have two favorite (forbidden) snacks: potato chips with sour cream and Lindor Truffles. If I have a bag of either I will eat the whole thing!
2. I have not vacuumed under my bed for more than 3 years. There is a lot of stuff stored under there. I haven't wanted to pull it all out and vacuum. Don't judge!
3. The only shoes I ever wear anymore are Crocs. Again, don't judge me!
4. I keep my beloved husband in a box, inside a red velvet bag, on a shelf in my bedroom. I find that comforting!
5. I have no problem speaking my mind.
6. I have recently got bitten by the Happy Planner craze and I am in love with decorating my personal planner. I have a partner in Harley who is decorating her school planner.
7. I moved my fish aquarium into my NEVER used fireplace opening and I love it!
8. I can type 60+ words a minute with no errors. I went to business college after high school and before going to nursing school. I used to be able to take shorthand at 120 wpm. This is a lost art. No one any longer uses this type of shorthand. Dictation machines took over the world!!
9. One of my most prized possessions is my Library Card. I don't use it much anymore because I own a Nook. But I love the idea of having millions of books at my disposal.
10. I am sewing challenged. I cannot even get a button to stay on for long. And I don't really care if the thread on the machine and the bobbin thread match! Challenged, I tell you.

Now I am supposed to answer Wendy's 11 questions:

 

1.What inspired you to start a blog?
 
I am not really sure what inspired me to start blogging. I was surfing the internet one day and came across "Blogger" and thought that would be a fun way to chronicle my life.


2.How did you come up with the name for your blog? 

A funny story. And, I, in no way mean to be disrespectful to anyone. But my blog was originally called "Paula's Place". I had directed a couple of friends to find me by 'Googling' Paula's Place. Many of them ended up on a lovely blog, which was not mine, but the blog of a transgender lady named Paula Goodwin! After a bit of ribbing about this blog I changed the name of mine to it's current name. Because what I mostly blog about is smidgens, snippets, and bits of my life.  

 
3.What is your biggest challenge when it comes to your blog? 

My biggest challenge is trying not to offend people. I am not always successful with that. I believe though that this is my blog and I should be allowed to have my own opinions. I do not mind, at all, when people respectfully disagree with me. But I do not tolerate snarkiness unless I have invited it!! Know what I mean? 

4.What is the best and worst meal you have ever made? 

Oh gosh! I have probably had more worst meals than I care to remember. Maybe that is why I don't really remember any of them. Shortly after Richard had his stroke, and lost his filter, we were eating a casserole I had made. I asked him if he liked it. He replied, "yes, it's really good, but let's not have it again." That evoked big laughs from all of us.
As for my best meals....there are several favorites of my family. Shepherd's Pie is one! Cream Cheese Crockpot chicken is another. I can put on a very nice Thanksgiving feast. And I have learned to create a good omelet. Which we often have for dinner.  

5.Where do you find the inspiration for your posts? 

The inspirations of most of my posts come from my family. I write about our lives and I keep it real!! 

6.What do you do when you try a new recipe and it doesn't work out?  

If I try a new recipe and it isn't any good, I make sure to make note of that somewhere so I won't repeat that mistake. And usually we laugh about it. 

7.What regional food do you enjoy cooking the most? 

Without a doubt we have Mexican food more than any other region.
 
8.What 3 words describe you best? 

The three words that I think best describe me are: honest, loyal, bitchy!! Now it's okay if I say that about myself. 
 
9.When you dine at a restaurant do you order something you would like to make or an old favorite?

Never, do I order something that I would like to make. I always order my favorites. Depending on the type of restaurant we are at I like steak and seafood (most especially lobster) neither of which I cook at home.

10.When you have a bad day what normally makes you feel better?  

Hugs, hugs, hugs. Or someone who says something funny to lighten my mood. I have had many bad days lately and a hug will always save me.
 
11.Other than blogging, what is your favorite hobby?

Probably my biggest hobby is reading. I love to read. I didn't read as much while I was taking care of Richard but I have gotten back into it. I also like my plants and flowers.

Now I am supposed to nominate 5 new bloggers for this award. I am going to pick 5, but if any of you want to participate, then I nominate you as well. Just left me know so I can come and read all your wonderful answers.

1. Myra at Respice, Prospice. If you don't know Myra you absoluetlly must check out her blog. She is a hoot!! Always lifts me up!

2. Gram at Goodnightgram's Blog. I just love this lady. We have so much in common!

3. Betty from A Bench with a View. Betty has had my back through thick and thin. She is a great blogger. She reads and leaves a comment on every single thing I write. Love her!

4. Ellie, my very good Canadian friend at Honeysuckle Hollow. Ellie is another one of my blogging 'besties.' We have to keep each other together! Right, Ellie?

5. Liz from Laws of Gravity. Liz is from Southern California and is a substitute teacher. She also is a knitter. Her blog posts about her students amaze me and amuse me. I love her writings.

Now I am not going to be offended at anyone who does not wish to participate. I know some do not accept awards for one reason or another. But I want to find out more about you. And I know all of your other readers would as well.

And since I am extrememly lazy and know that this post is going to be already very long, I am not going to come up with new questions. You can answer the same ones I answered. Because I am dying to know what you would have to say.

Congratulations to all bloggers! You all deserve to be awarded.

And now I would like to thank my mother, father, and God.......okay, I am getting the signal that my time on stage is done.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks Paula for thinking of me and nominating me, plus your kind words :) Congrats on your award. I'll think about participating and answering the questions and giving facts about myself (though I would be hard pressed to come up with things people don't already know too). No wonder I love you so much; we are so alike. I loved shorthand in high school, could do 120 words a minute too; I still remember bits and pieces of it after 40 plus years :) I love what Richard said after that meal; a bit of diplomacy in it! I haven't done it yet, but most of the time when I move to a new city, the first thing I get is a library card. I too treasure libraries, though lately, like you, I've done most of my reading on my tablet.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will participate Betty! But I understand if you don't. I cannot believe how much we have in common either. Finding ourselves friends online was meant to be!!

      Delete
  2. Like Betty just said, isn't it neat how we all get along so well? I, too, sat through 3 years of h.s. Gregg shorthand. I still use it often during boring meetings to make shopping lists or capture random ideas for my blog. (Boy, and wouldn't I be in trouble if you or Betty were sitting alongside and could read what I was really thinking?)

    I, too, laughed aloud at Richard's comment.

    Thank you, Paula for this nomination! It will probably be late next week before I share my "Liebster" - but I'm excited to participate nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I would still be able to read any shorthand Myra! But I would love to sit with you and Betty through a meeting! What a hoot! We'd probably be asked to leave. Can't wait to see your Liebster whenever you get around to it!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the blogging nomination. You deserve it. Hope you have a great evening. Love you're post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love you Paula..thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for nominating me. I've always been curious about shorthand, but it was gone by the time I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such fun to learn shorthand. Sad that it is not used much anymore!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! You do have such a wonderful blog it just makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zippi Kit! Such kind words

      Delete
  7. Oh, what, ME! Oh wow!!! THANKS!! Now let me figure out how to put this all together, I am so excited! Thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so excited I forgot to comment on your thoughts, I'll be back....

      Delete
    2. Ellie!!!! You crack me up! You deserve this award. I am glad it made you happy!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!