Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday Letters

 
 
How often can one keep saying how fast time is flying?? Let's just get on with the letters for the week.
 
 
Dear Red Car with two front seat riders: It is important to know the rules of the road before you take off, tearing down a street that is full of construction. If there are two lines of orange cones down a four lane street, you are to stay to the outside of the cones. Right? The sign, where you entered the road, told you to stay right! That doesn't
mean you can drive, like a bat out of hell, down the center of the road. Got that? Lesson over!
 
 
Dear Mr. Police Officer: You know how much I respect you! I have fought many battles for you in the past year, as you have been defiled by the media. But when I see you texting, on your phone, as you are driving down the street, then I have to call you out! The state's ban on text messaging, while driving, took effect in 2011. And that means you, Mr. Police officer! Follow the rules that you enforce. Please!
 
 
Dear Mom (meaning Mother Nature): Make up your mind. Hot! Cool! Rain! Drought! You give us so much rain that the roads flood and cars cannot get through. And then you withhold this blessing while the grass turns yellow and the flowers wilt. We suffer for days with such stringent heat. And then you whisk us into a simple day of coolness before you throw us back into the oven. MAKE UP YOUR MIND! Is that asking too much? Really!
 
 
Dear Darian: It sucks doesn't it? Learning the lessons of becoming an adult? You can't have it both ways. That is not how the world works. You want to be seen as an adult. You want to be treated like an adult. Yet, you want to shirk your duties and play like a child. Not how it goes in the real world. In the real world you have to tend to your responsibilities first. But, there will be rewards for this. I promise! Hang in there.
 
Have a good and happy weekend! 

16 comments:

  1. And my subdivision is not a freeway! Slow down. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you are in quite a snit this Friday LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with police obeying the law when it comes to texting or talking on the phone (both against the law in California; not sure about it here, will have to look). It is hard when the weather can't make up its mind; you don't know what to plan for. Poor Darian, it is always hard to get those first lessons of adulthood and realize that's pretty much how it will be from now on (of course with a few exceptions).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I remember when I started learning those 'adult' type lessons. I always wanted to pick and chose! LOL

      Delete
  4. Love the letters! I so agree with you regardning the texting. I even hate to see people simply talking on their cell while they are driving. I've had to do it a time or two myself and I know that my attention is not totally on my driving then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no possible way I can text and drive. I need reading glasses to text and I can't see out of them to drive. LOL!

      Delete
  5. For sure, on all counts! Just the other day I concluded it was a GOOD thing I'm not a police officer, because most likely I'd go through a whole pad of citations in a day! Nice to know other city's have idiot drivers, as well. (Well, maybe yours was a visitor from Phoenix? LOL.)

    Poor Darien! Reminds me of something my 21-y/o grand posted on her FB page the other day: "My favorite childhood memory is not paying bills"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That is my favorite childhood memory too. And not having to make decisions about other people! Yep, I think all cities have idiot drivers!!

      Delete
  6. Hi paula i am back for this week. Hope you are having a wonderful Friday. Have a great weekend.

    http://staceyschneller06.blogspot.com/2015/07/dear-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey. I hope your weekend is great too!!

      Delete
  7. Texting and driving makes me so nervous. I don't know how anyone can manage it, let alone want to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what makes it so dangerous Liz!

      Delete
  8. Great letters! Doesn't it irritate you when cops do what we would get in trouble for? Several years ago I was heading to the car wash. I was traveling north and the car wash was on the southbound side. There was a break in the highway right where the car wash was but the sign said "No Left Turn" so I had to go up to the next light and u-turn to get to the car wash. As I was approaching it I see this cop hang a left right in front of me into the car wash. I pulled in behind him and the longer I sat there the more I fumed. So I got out of my car and went and knocked on his window. He rolled down the window and I said "Do you know you made an illegal left back there?" He said "Where?" Ah, where it says NO LEFT TURN!! Arrrgh! I went back to my car and he ended up pulling out of the line. Apparently he had police business to attend to... I used to hang out with a few cops and they were always breaking laws!
    Anyway, great letters Paula!
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is a cop so I try not to do too much complaining about them. But texting while driving is deadly even for cops!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!