Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Letters

 
 
 
Hello friends and family! We are gearing up for the weekend. Do you have plans? Harley will come home from camp on Saturday. Whoo who! I missed her. Darian is spending the weekend with a friend before school starts. And Justin and Paige are coming. She is bringing her tiny dog, Massey, with her for the weekend. So we should be jumpin' around here.
 
 
Dear Road Construction People: I understand that roads will eventually need repaired. But is it really necessary to be working on every main artery road at the same time? Trying to get across this town is a nightmare with all the road crews out there. I've often wondered why they can't work at night. Less traffic, lower temperatures. Makes sense to me.
 
Dear Ice Making People: No, I do not have an ice maker in my fridge! And I am so grateful to you for keeping up with the demand. Even when it is partially melted by the time I get home (in my un-air-conditioned car). Our heat indices today read 108*. Now that is hot !  Thank goodness the humidity is only 30%. I'm off to fix me a tall glass of iced peach tea. Anyone else want one?
 
 
Dear Command Hooks: What did we use before you came along? You are so strong. And I love how you hold up over time. Until you don't!  When you quit working the other night (in the middle of the night) and dropped my shoe organizer, on the back of the bathroom door, (it holds shampoo, hair spray, combs, brushes, etc.) it scared the pee-wadding out of me. Good thing I don't pack a gun or that bathroom would be full of bullet holes. Now I am off to hang new ones.
 
 
Have a great weekend! See you Monday for The Simple Woman's Daybook!!

20 comments:

  1. We have a two year old project hopefully coming to completion here. Today I met oncoming traffic coming up my lane of orange barrels. The first car picked the wrong side to enter, and it was a mess for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OI can only imagine. Here the guys just stand leaning on their shovels and watch the people in the wrong lane!

      Delete
  2. Oh geesh! I think I would have been scared too with that loud noise in the middle of the night! Doesn't sound like very "fun" temps there! Stay cool as much as you can with that peach iced tea!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying inside and drinking lots!! Of peach tea of course. He he!

      Delete
  3. Wow, 108-degrees? Don't care if it's a 'feels-like' temp or not; that's sitll darn uncomfortable. (And yes, thank you for passing the iced tea!)

    Here, I thought Phoenix's highway gurus were the only ones with their heads you-know-where. It's not unusual to have two busy boulevards -- parallel, mind you -- both under construction at the same time. And what slays me, half the time I drive past the barricades and there's not a soul around. Night-time work does make more sense. Or, pay them by the job instead of by the hour and see if it doesn't get done faster!
    ... Sorry, for going off like that!

    Sounds like you're going to have a fun weekend. Please show us pictures of the wee puppy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep l08* and it is now 10 p.m. and still 100. I think we are in the desert with you! I will get some pictures of the tiny dog!

      Delete
  4. Yep, that's the only time the Command hooks fail--in the middle of the night. I had a bag crash down on me once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot, they've fallen down already today!!! Grrrrrrr!

      Delete
  5. I think Inwill join you in that iced peach tea! Hot and humid here. Have a great weekend. sounds full!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your 'Friday Letters'. What a great idea!
    The heat here (southeast Georgia) is unbearable, as well. What makes ours even worse is the high humidity. If you walk outside, you WILL sweat.

    I've often thought road work should be done in late afternoons/ early evenings, too.

    Have a nice weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a very hot summer, for sure! Thanks for visiting me today!

      Delete
  7. Road construction is crazy in the summer. I often wonder why they don't do it at night as well. So I looked it up. Turns out, since it gets rather cool her at night (high desert and all that) it is cooler than the ideal temp for laying asphalt. Huh. No icemaker? I would die. (well not literally, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never owned a fridge with an ice maker! I know, lot of people have told me I am crazy. I like having more room in my freezer! And except for summer we don't use that much ice. That makes sense they wouldn't lay asphalt there in the summer. I wish it would cool down here at night. Last night at 10 p.m. it was still 97*

      Delete
  8. Our fridges all had icemaker capabilities but getting the water to them...major remodel...

    I always wondered how long those hooks would last. I have one for my headset, on the side of bookcase, and some others various places that could bring the house to a state of alarm, as your's did, should they fail! That must have been incredibly scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty scary! They've actually lasted for several years so I guess I shouldn't complain.

      Delete
  9. Holy cow....108!!! Yes I would love to join you for some iced tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on in! I would love to sit and visit with a tall glass of ice tea!

      Delete
  10. Dear Friday Letters: I have pooped on them and need to start. I like doing them and it seems that I haven't had the Friday time. Will be back tho to continue. And I agree, those hooks are great until it gets hot, then the heat takes them right off. I lost a mirror in the RV. Luckily the outside of it was plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Friday Letters: I have pooped on them and need to start. I like doing them and it seems that I haven't had the Friday time. Will be back tho to continue. And I agree, those hooks are great until it gets hot, then the heat takes them right off. I lost a mirror in the RV. Luckily the outside of it was plastic.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!