Tuesday, July 28, 2015

EENY MEENY

Overview from Barnes and Nobel

The "dark, twisted, thought-provoking" (#1 New York Times bestseller Tami Hoag) international bestseller—first in the new series featuring Detective Helen Grace.Two people are abducted, imprisoned, and left with a gun. As hunger and thirst set in, only one walks away alive.It’s a game more twisted than any Detective Helen Grace has ever seen. If she hadn’t spoken with the shattered survivors herself, she almost wouldn’t believe them.Helen is familiar with the dark sides of human nature, including her own, but this case—with its seemingly random victims—has her baffled. But as more people go missing, nothing will be more terrifying than when it all starts making sense....


This is a thriller! It is a very twisted plot without a doubt. For the most part I felt the characters were well developed. Not all of them though. And I have seen an episode of Criminal Minds that reminded me much of this book, so therefore I didn't find it too "frightening". I like thrillers. This was a good read. The ending was quite a surprise. I like that in a book.

16 comments:

  1. I like the title!! I just bought a few books today at Half Price bookstore. Do you have those in Kansas? I just bought A girl on the Train . I'm excited to start it because a few of my friends said it was really good. Oh and of course they're making a movie so I want to read it first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if we have any Half Price book stores here. I do ALL of my reading and buying of books on my Nook Color! It is my favorite electronic device !!! LOL I enjoyed A Girl on the Train.

      Delete
  2. I'm relieved you liked it! I thought it was creepily good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I should of described it. Creepily good!!

      Delete
  3. I, too, enjoy being surprised by a book's conclusion.
    ... and thrillers are probably my fav go-to genre, so I'll probably put a hold on this at our local library.
    Speaking of libraries, "A Girl on a Train" finally arrived! Not at all what I thought, but I'm certainly enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy A Girl on a Train....it received a lot of hype.

      Delete
  4. Does sound interesting; certainly something that might keep someone up at night reading it :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like the sort of story I have to avoid. Glad you liked it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Liz. Not everyone likes these kinds of books. I love them myself! Maybe that makes me a bit creepy! LOL

      Delete
  6. Sigh.....so many books and so little time...this one will go on my wish list with the rest LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this a few weeks ago too, Paula.I enjoyed it but it wasn't quite as powerful as all the hype had led me to believe. I haven't seen that episode of Criminal Minds but I suspect I know what "theme" you are talking about (Don't want to give any spoilers!) that came up in book I read not lot before EM which is probably better (ie I can remember more about it now than I can EM!) You might enjoy it - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0552159816

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that most books don't live up to the hype! That is partly why I don't always read those on the best sellers list. I will definitely look into the book you linked. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. sounds like a good book! I'll have to add it to my list. Right now I'm reading Harper Lee's other book, the latest release "Go Set a Watchman"
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are your feelings about Go Set a Watchman? Is it living up to the hype?

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!