Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday Letters

 
 
 
Another beautiful day in Kansas. And it's Friday. So here goes my Friday Letters!!
 
 
 
Dear Mom Nature: It's me again! This was a beautiful morning here in Kansas. Only 70* when I took Darian to work. That is a full 30* less than yesterday, late afternoon. Rolling the window down and letting the breeze blow through my hair was great! And here it is almost noon and it is only 80*. We were ready for a break from the heat.
 
Dear Backyard Birds: I love you guys. Have I told you that lately. I can hear you out there chirping as I type. I love the blue jays, the Cardinals, the doves, the Orioles, all the robins. I need to go buy another bag of feed. You are sure a hungry lot! I am sad that my hummingbird feeder fell and broke this morning. I'll bet it had some help from one of my squirrel friends. So I'll pick up another feeder for those little rapid-winged beauties too!
 
Dear Rozann: Thank you for your little text message accompanied by that sweet little bunch of alstromerias. I love how they made you think of me. I miss you. We need to work harder to see each other more often!
 
Dear A/C Repairman: I see you have cashed my check. But I'm still waiting for the crew who was supposed to come and do a total clean of the outside unit. I think I will shoot you a text today and make sure you haven't forgotten me. I know you are busy! It's that time of the year! But I don't want anymore problems with this unit when the heat is so intolerable.
 
Dear Friends: I'm searching for the perfect planner to help me become more organized. Do you have a certain paper planner that you like? How do you keep track of all your appointments and important days? Please share.
 
 
Hoping everyone has had a great week. Ah, the weekend is before us. Enjoy! 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. I keep a month at a glance on my desk and carry a week at a glance. I keep my obligations in blue ink and the grandkids in red. My red pen disappeared once, when I went to write something of Laura's. "Oh, well, no red pen, guess you're out of luck." She reappeared with a new red pen in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! My pens have a way of disappearing too! Thanks for your suggestion

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your weekend Paula. I keep all my appointments on my phone and it syncs automatically with my computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too Wendy. But I love a paper planner as well. Hope your weekend is a good one Wendy!

      Delete
  3. I Love hummingbirds and I want to get a feeder this weekend. This morning I heard some doves outside and I do enjoy listening to them.
    I bought a planner from Target. I love it- it also has tabs like old school notebooks.
    Have a great weekend Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your weekend is good Holli! I'm off to buy birdseed and a feeder!

      Delete
  4. I bet it is neat to hear the birds "chattering" away in your backyard! The poor birds here, every time the air conditioner goes on, which is right by the feeder, they all scatter. I actually think I saw a dove jump a little yesterday when it came on. Glad it cooled down for a bit so you can enjoy a bit of nicer weather; hope it stays like that for a while!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was unbelievably wonderful weather-wise. We enjoyed it. Especially Darian with his mowing jobs. Love, love, love hearing and watching the birds.

      Delete
  5. Planner? I suppose I should do something like that. I keep it all in my head. I've tried to start using the calendar on my phone, but I can't quite remember it. How I keep it all straight...

    Glad it's cooled down for you. I'm not a fan of heat either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking at a planner call Create 365 The Happy Planner. They have them at Hobby Lobby. I may have to make a shopping trip to see them in person.

      Delete
  6. Ha! I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many calendars and planners I've begun ... which rarely lived more than 3-4 months.
    If I'd a desk at home with deep drawers - I'd buy me one of these 'tickler' files ... you know, with pockets for every day of the month? Since the 70's, every job I've had, that's saved my you-know-what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a really good idea. Two of my desk drawers are deep and those would be nice. I will have to look for them.

      Delete
  7. Ah yes, the planner discussion. As a matter of fact, I too, am looking for a paper planner that I can carry with me. The one I have now is not so good. My own struggle is that I must keep 2 calendars - one for the fridge so my husband has some idea of what is happening, and one for me that I must coordinate with the fridge calendar. I hate the coordination part. And my husband is not an electronic kind of guy so the computer option wouldn't work for him. I prefer paper for this function anyway. But finding the right one is the hard part. And it is sort of like selecting a purse - it is a very personal decision - one size does not fit all. I will be interested to see what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not ever really done much more than the calendar on the computer and my cell phone. Now I am looking for something the kids can grab and see what is going on. A place where I can menu plan. Keep track of the budget. Maybe also put my contacts on paper. There are a lot of different ones out there. Some of are really fun!

      Delete
  8. We had rain this weekend, but happily it cooled down. Happy to save on electric bills. I don't have a fancy calendar, just an Eaton's Week at a Glance. I do buy a school organizer at Michaels -- not expensive -- and use it for blog organizing. Otherwise I forget what I wanted to write about. Wishes for a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those electric bills can become ridiculously high at this time of the year. I am looking for a planner that has a space for me to write down my blogging ideas too!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!