Friday, June 12, 2015

Dear Friday

 
Don't you just love a Friday night at home? The whole weekend before you.....what are your plans for this weekend? Let's wrap up the week with our Dear Friday letters.
 
Dear A/C Repairman: You are such a sweetie! Really! You gave me the family/friends deal and didn't charge me an arm and a leg. And now I am not going to DIE in this mad heat that I know will soon return. (I've known this man since he was a young boy who played soldiers, cowboys & Indians, etc. with my youngest son.)
 
Dear Mother Nature: Today, a day after I spent a very warm 24 hours without an A/C you decide to give up temps 30* lower! Why? Why? 
 
 
Dear Summertime Fruits and Vegetables: You bring me so much happiness. I love the sweet taste of strawberries and raspberries! Glad you were on sale. And crisp green beans, colorful peppers, sweet corn, asparagus, cucumbers, carrots, and zucchinis. Waiting on the counter for me to decide how I will use you this weekend. My favorite time of the year for all my favorite veggies! Thank you sweet summertime!
 
Dear Darian and Harley: Seriously I was only kidding when I said there was only 10 more weeks until school started up again. But you should have seen the look on your faces. It WAS truly hilarious. Really, there is only 10 more weeks!!
 
 
 
 


16 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum to that fresh strawberries. Love fruit and all those veggies. This weather sure is a little smiffed here too. June gloom they call it. Pretty soon Summer will be here and we all will really be complaining with no water. Might be coming for a visit....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We ate some of the strawberries and raspberries tonight an they were so good. You can come for a visit anytime Katy!!

      Delete
  2. Soooo glad to hear your A/C issues have been resolved!
    While I can't do anything about our long, HOT summers, fresh veggies are one of the best consolation prizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they! I think you are so lucky to have all those long, hot summers. As long as my A/C is working!

      Delete
  3. So glad you got your AC fixed and it seemed like a reasonable deal :) Of course it figures that the weather would change afterwards. If you didn't fix it, you'd be in the HOT temps for the rest of the summer :)

    Love fresh veggies and fruits this time of year :)

    Kids never have enough of summer vacation I think, even if they are bored, they never have enough of vacation :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley just about freaked out when I said there was only 10 weeks left. I said, "ten weeks is still a long time." Her response was, "are you kidding it is almost over. " I couldn't help but laugh. Time is nothing to them

      Delete
  4. 10 weeks until school starts, huh? That's a long time. Don't they realize that's a long time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love summer fruits and veggies too - just had a bowl of strawberries for breakfast. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My CSA starts up again this week. I cannot wait to see what I will find in my first basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait to hear all about what you get and how you use it.

      Delete
  7. Always nice to get a good deal on something you need so badly as A/C. Pete & I made berry compote with dumpling last night out of some pretty fresh dewberries my sister had given him.Yum!
    Stopping in from Life & Faith in Caneyhead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your fresh dewberries sound awesome. Wish I had been at your house

      Delete
  8. Thanks for visiting Anabel's Travel Blog on your A to Z Roadtrip. I've enjoyed returning your call - you are very wise about grief. I lost my Dad recently, so it helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only very wise about grief because I am living with it daily!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!