Friday, June 5, 2015

Dear Friday

Friday seems to come quicker and quicker every week. I am waiting on Harley to finish her packing so I can take her to the church for her trip to Lake Table Rock in the Ozarks. This is church camp weekend! They will be gone 4 long, fun-filled days spent with many other kids from all over the Midwest learning more about Jesus and fellowship. She has been so excited!!

 
 
 
 
Dear Psyche: Were you really okay with lying on the couch watching "My 600-Pound Life" with a bag of potato chips and a bowl of sour cream. Really? Really??
 
 
 
Dear Mother Nature: Hi! How are you today? What do you have in store for us. Sunshine! Wonderful. High humidity! Wonderful! Gusty warm winds! Wonderful! How can I complain about anything? It's summertime.....
 
 

Disclaimer....this is not my chin!!!!!!
Dear Stray Chin Hair: It's bad enough you have to appear on my chin. It's bad enough I have to first find the tweezers and the magnifying mirror before I can deal with you. But is it really necessary to be "WHITE" and be so hard to find? Really? Really??
 
 
Dear Mr. Marvin Mosquito and family: Oh my gosh! I just read that a family of mosquitos can hatch in a capful of water. I have walked all over this property emptying all the standing water I can find. But a capful?? I have tried all the ideas for repelling you. Deet. Citronella. Staying indoors. This morning I heard that I need to take a dryer sheet and rub it all over my body. What? Who wants to walk around smelling like Deet or Bounce? And when you sneek in the door and hide just so you can munch on me while I sleep. That is not playing fair! You are not following the rules. I'm gonna tell mom!
 
 
Dear Amope Pedi Perfect: Yes, you were a tad expensive. $39.99 on sale. But the best $40. I have spent in years. Where have you been all these years as I have fought those callus on my toes. Or that dry rough skin on my heels. I have used everything. But you have worked and I now have feet as smooth as a well, babies butt! Of course I have to use you pretty often to keep them that way. But I love holding you. And I'll admit I have even kissed you a time or two. You are my new BFF!
 
 
There you have it. My appreciations or complaints for the week. What are yours? How is the weather and the mosquitos in your neck of the woods? Let me know in the comments if you are writing Dear Friday and I'll pop over for a visit. Heck, I'll pop over even if you don't write any letters. Have a great weekend!
 


16 comments:

  1. Chuckling out loud down here in Phoenix! Oh my, I can relate on SO many levels ... where should I start?
    ....Consuming an entire (large) bag of pistachio nuts at my desk yesterday -- without consideration for the crazy stomach-ache which, of course, ensued.

    ...Rubbing a Bounce dryer sheet all over my face, neck and arms to disguise the smell of nicotine from my (then) significant other?

    Love this whole post, Paula!

    PS - Best to Harley! Wishin' there were such a summer camp for adults!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet the bounce would work well with the nicotine smell. Funny! There is probably a camp somewhere for adults but we would have too many stressors to let go and have fun!!

      Delete
  2. Great post, Paula; you had me chuckling too :D No point in telling mom about the mosquitoes; momma mosquitoe's doing the biting! And thanks for the tip about the callus remover. My husband can use one of those. I hope they sell them in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find an Amope. It seriously is awesome

      Delete
  3. Laughing on the chin hair! Very funny indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not funny if it belongs to you!! LOL

      Delete
  4. Some funny stuff here. Nice thing about where I live not far from downtown Los Angeles is that we rarely see mosquitoes. When I do see one it's like the size of a hummingbird and an easy mark for swatting dead. It's not like in Tennessee where sometimes you couldn't sit outside with all sorts of repellent slathered all over. I was kind of fortunate though in that the bugs didn't usually seem to care for me too much and I wasn't bothered as often as some other people were.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Road trippin' with A to Z
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlee. The mosquitos never bothered my husband either. He always said they bit me so much because of my sweetness :) He was such a liar! LOL

      Delete
  5. I can't condemn you for the chips, as Hannah Bug and I plan to watch Johnny Dep movies tonight and have home made malts for our supper. We could empty everything in our yard, but that would do nothing about the flat on the west side of our property. Mosquitoes are worst right at dark thirty. So, I go out earlier or later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to go out at night either. Or the early morning! They are just horrible this year

      Delete
  6. I live in a place called the lakes, so mosquitos... Yeah, we got em.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egads. I cannot imagine what it would be like to live where there were lakes and deal with these monsters!

      Delete
  7. Totally understand about the white chin hairs lol. I will have to check out that pedi perfect, thanks for the recommendation.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will like you Amope as much as I like mine

      Delete
  8. I thought..."oh my, how brave is she to post that photo" and then I saw the disclaimer. I am still laughing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!