Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

Today Carol has inspired all of us procrastinators to list the ten things we are procrastinating about. I am sure I could write a list much longer than ten but I plan to give it a go! Be sure to visit Carol Knits and link up.





10 Things I Need to Do and Stop Procrastinating!
 
 
  1. I have a plan to go through all the clothes here. We have so many clothes it is ridiculous. I think we could easily clothe a family of 10. No kidding! So I plan to go through every drawer, every closet, every room and reduce the amounts.
  2. I had the house painted last year and I have been talking about the 'touch-ups' for a year now. Time to get out the paint brush.
  3.   While I have those paint brushes out I need to paint Darian's bedroom. I removed all the wallpaper and filled all the nail holes with spackle last year and never got around to painting it. Shame on me.
  4. While I'm working in Darian's bedroom I need to make his padded headboard. I have all the items needed to make it. Just need to get crackin'.

  5. As I am still in Darian's room (ha! ha! I have neglected him) I will finish the shelves and get them back up and hang the new light fixture.
  6. I want to say I will make a doctor's appointment too. I know I won't. But I am going to put it on the list. Because I have sure procrastinated this one!
  7. I need to finish going through the movies my brother gave us. Get them labeled and sorted and put the boxes somewhere besides in the living room.
  8. I need to decide if I am going to do any garden planting. Or maybe just put flowers where the vegetables used to be.  So many decisions!
  9. I need to put flowers in the big pots on the patio. Now is the time!
  10. Making lists of things I have procrastinated can go on and on. So while I contemplate all of this I am filling my coffee cup and returning to the recliner and read for awhile. This will wait on me. No one else is going to do it.
Are you a procrastinator? Do you have a list as well? Maybe you'd like to share what would be on your list.


26 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I have a list. I actually keep a list of things to do, and I'm very good at neglecting them. And then one day going through them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet been accused of getting them all off the list!

      Delete
  2. #1 on your list should be getting to the doctor. I put it off for a long time and finally went last month to 3 different doctors. It was worth doing as I now have peace of mind and a clean bill of health. I feel so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I don't think it is necessary to be #1. I feel pretty confident that there isn't anything seriously wrong. Yet! Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Get thee a doctor's appointment! Your health is too important to neglect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really need a doctor to tell me whether I am healthy or not! But thanks for stopping by Kym!

      Delete
  4. The Dr. is a must. I am overdue myself. But I am actually going to the dentist this week so score one for me! That has been a 5 year procrastination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am even worse at going to the dentist. Not only is it so painful but the expense is actually what keeps me away. Ridiculous what they charge people

      Delete
  5. I finally made my doc appt 3 months late. My mammogram is next week. Call the doc....put it at the top of the list. If you don't believe me just ask a nurse....oh, that's right....you are a nurse!!! Get to the doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a mammogram for years. For such a long time I had them yearly because I have fibrocystic breasts. Then I stopped going to the doctor. Yep there are two kinds of nurses I have found. Those who go for every little thing. Or those, like me, who just don't go!

      Delete
  6. I need to get my craft room in order and finish going through my clothes, sweep the floors, and so on

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be interesting to come back and look at this list of procrastinations in a few months and see what you can cross off of it :) I'm a procrastinator on some things, but I don't keep a "to do" list so that might be a good thing. My mom didn't go to the doctor from the time she had me when she was 36 years old until she was in her late 60s and lived to be 85 years old. I might type reports for them all day long, but I avoid them like a plaque if at all possible.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think many of us just go to the doctor too much. I don't need to go to him to find out if I am healthy. All those blood tests and urine tests and x-rays are a waste of money, if you ask me. As a nurse, I am well aware of when I need to see a doctor. That's why I put it on the list. But probably won't do it!

      Delete
  8. I am a procrastinator!! BIG TIME! My list would have at least 50 things on it, but I am going to procrastinate in writing it, lol! I would really love to have a clear path in Devin's room to get to his window without hurting myself, that is a huge thing on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine would too Ellie. I had to limit it to just 10!

      Delete
  9. I must say that this comment section has been very interesting to read. I think that it isn't procrastination if one has actually decided not to do something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, good! Taking going to the doctor off the list :)

      Delete
  10. I think you've had enough urging to make that dr. appt., so I'm just going to comment about how good you'll feel after you go through clothing, get rid of what is no longer useful, and enjoy the room to see and store the clothes you keep. I love your #10. You're so right - nobody is going to enjoy your coffee and read your book in your recliner, so good for you for taking care of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know how I feel after I get all those clothes sorted through!!

      Delete
  11. Procrastinate? I'd be happy to find and finally return that darn Netflix DVD I've been paying for almost a year now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my. I am sure by now you have paid what it is worth!

      Delete
  12. I don't think of myself as a procrastinator...but there are things..that stay on my list awhile.
    I joined carols prompt yesterday and got some things finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky then. I am a terrible procrastinator!!!

      Delete
  13. As a procrastinator myself, I had laugh at this list because it kinda sounds like mine. I've been meaning to declutter and get organized for a really long time now and nothing is happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I will do it........someday! LOL

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!