Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Petoskey and Pine

Remember during my A to Z Challenge when I did my first product review? The winners were announced on Wendy's Blog, A Day in the Life on the Farm. Sadly, out of the 1200 entries into the contest, none of them were one of my special readers.  Look at what I received in the mail yesterday from Petoskey and Pine.






I was so impressed with the free bar of soap and lip balm they sent me I placed my very own order a few days ago. The box was delivered to the door by the postman who said as he handed over the package, "something good-smelling has arrived."
 
 
Here is what I ordered:
 
  • Lipbalms in Tangerine, Lemongrass, and Peppermint. All smell great. I have tried the Tangerine and my lips taste like I just ate a Tangerine. Yum!
  • Soy Candles in Lemon Verbena and Raspberry Sangria (this one smells like a little bit of Heaven)!
  • Soaps in Orange Cedar, Grapefruit May, Grizzly Itch, Orange Tea Tree, and Mint Flower. It will be hard to decide which to use first.
  • The adorable little pouch you see in the picture was a FREEBIE! A sample bar (very generously sized, I might say) called Floral Hearts. It smells wonderful and is also a beautiful bar of soap.
  • There was also a handwritten note of thanks for my order. When else have you received a handwritten note when you order something online? I am going to just put it out there that the people behind Petoskey and Pine know how to do business.
  • P.S. I would love it if they would start making lotions too!! Hint. Hint.
 
I would love to have all of my blogging friends pay a visit to Petoskey and Pine. And take my word for it that you will love their products. Place an order. And tell them Paula sent you!





32 comments:

  1. That is so cool, Paula! I will have to check them out!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you love beautiful soaps, Betty, you will love theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks lovely, what a nice selection. And I honestly thought that the bar of soap in the net bag was something edible, it looks like a slab of cake! I love that the postman told you it smelled good, I bet that brightened up his day as well. ;-)

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bar of soap in the net bag is beautiful. I might just slip it in a drawer to make things smell wonderful. Yes, I liked that the mailman could smell it.

      Delete
  4. Hi Paula - so glad you're treating yourself ... they sound quite a delightful mix of goodies - and what a lovely postman ... have fun with them and I hope the company get a few extra orders via your posting .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to treat oneself now and then. Isn't it! I like helping small companies as well. And especially when their products smell so wonderful. I am a very nasally sensual person. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh raspberry sangria candle certainly has my attention. There is nothing better than receiving happy mail!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am burning it on my desk right now. It really smells good!

      Delete
  6. The products do look delightful. Just sent an e-mail to inquire about international shipping costs. If the price is right, I'll probably order something. Too bad none of your readers won a prize, though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had so many entries! I don't know if they are doing international mailing yet. Where are you located Susan?

      Delete
  7. I love candles and lip balms! The scents you ordered sound like they smell divine! I'll definitely check them out. Had never heard of them before. Thanks for sharing with us!
    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you will go see what they are all about Michele. They are delightful!

      Delete
  8. Okay, I just ordered a tangerine lip balm and a lavender soap. I added a note to let them know you recommended them.
    Can’t wait to get my items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY. I know you will love it. I don't gain anything by recommending them except to know that my friends will be using some pretty awesome products.

      Delete
  9. I love word-of-mouth recommendations like this ... especially if it's a 'home-grown' small business enterprise. And the hand-written note is a great touch. Let me know how you like the lemongrass, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Myra! I, too, love the homegrown small businesses!

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much Paula. You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Wendy! Loving the products!

      Delete
  11. Congrats to Wendy, and Paula, that stuff looks just luscious and I bet it smells heavenly, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful Zippi! Good to see you today

      Delete
  12. Oh I just love smell goods. I use these specials in my RV and take them on my motorcycle trips to make me feel like a lady queen when away from home and these types of products are not found. Looks so yummy! I will be taking a good look at their site. Lucky You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the smells for me too Katy! Things just have to smell good! I am happy you will go check them out!

      Delete
  13. Oooh! That tangerine lip balm sounds fantastic! I will have to go check them out! Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like what you see Elle!

      Delete
  14. I like good smelling soaps for sure. What a nice package to get in the mail!

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too Arlee. Nice to see you today!

      Delete
  15. What a fun surprise. I'm taken with the tangerine lip balm, too. I'm using something very medicinal now and I think I need tangerine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really enjoying my tangerine lip balm. And I like the peppermint one as well

      Delete
  16. Tangerine sounds like a great lip balm!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!