Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Review and June Goals


In my flower bed
Monthly Review - May 2015

 

The three things I’m most proud of from this past month are:
 

1. How nice my outdoor space is beginning to look. Mowing and trimming help. But rain helps the most.


2. I read four books. Than is good for me. I am a slow reader usually. I read The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult, The Silent Gift by Michael Landon, Jr., The Life Changing Magic of Tyding Up by Marie Kondo and Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson.


3. I have memorized James 1- 1-13 so far in my quest to reach James 1- 1- 27. We are going to be memorizing until August.

 

The three things I’m most grateful for from this past month are:
 
1. I am always grateful for my family. My sons and three grandchildren are my reason for getting up each day.

2.  I am grateful that Darian found a summer job that he likes and is paying him well.

3. I am thankful I am able to pay for Harley to go to church camp as well as basketball camp. That will keep her from driving me crazy with boredom!

 
The most impactful lesson I learned this past month is: What I learned this past month is while the grieving process continues it doesn't feel as heavy as it was. I still miss him every single day. But the load seems lighter.

 
**********************************************************************************


 
Looking ahead to June, I am…
 

super excited about: I am super excited about planting some perennials in the flower beds. _________________________________________________________

going to experiment with: _The Total Ten program. I was going to do it in May but got side-tracked. So maybe June will be a good month. There are lots of fresh veggies in this month. __________________________________________________

fully committed to: I don't know if I am fully committed to anything. It seems I have trouble being fully committed. I have to work on learning how to become fully committed. How's that?__________________________________________________________

planning to read: The Book Thief  by Markus Zusak  It seems like everyone I know has read this and now I will take it on!!!!___________________________________________________________

curious to learn more about: I am curious to learn more about why one of my orchids (a cymbidium) has only bloomed once. I have had it for years. I need to see what I can do about getting it to bloom again. So I plan to study it this month. _________________________________________________

I am also still working on my yearly goals which revolve around: Attitude, Home, health, spiritual growth, and budget!!


created for you, with love, by Nicole Antoinette of LifeLessBullshit.com

16 comments:

  1. I always like to read about your goals, Paula, and how you achieve them and how you continue working on them. That is so awesome too with what you are memorizing with Scripture! I need to get back to that as well as start setting goals here as well :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the memorizing the Bible is helping me with my studying as well as helping my brain with memory skills

      Delete
  2. Some plants have a long cycle between blooming. I'm not familiar with specifics, but that might be what you discover about yours. Good luck.

    So glad you can send your granddaughter to the two camps this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That very well may be what is up with this orchid. It has been years now. I think I'll start with repotting it and see where we go.

      Delete
  3. Love how your posts are so organized, but at the same time, entertaining ... like you're sitting across the table with a cup of coffee!

    Good luck with that orchid! My brief experience with one such plant left me thinking they were little more than divas (thinkin' Paris Hilton). Harley's daisy(?) on the other hand is absolutely stunning. What a talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems to have some talent with the camera! And she loves taking pictures. Granny doesn't let that lens rest here too often.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a productive month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and I am hoping the next will be as well.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful that you are a goal setter. Well done on your accomplishments this month. I'd like to add that you road trip with AtoZ has brought you to my blog and that I appreciate your visits and comments very much. Way to go with reading and memorizing scripture. You're right...it does keep our brains working. Good luck with your orchid.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a goal-setter. But I have not been so great with always accomplishing all I set out to do. This past 10 months of grieving for my husband has really taken it out of me. All I can do is keep trying.

      Delete
  6. So glad to read that your load of grief feels lighter. Hope summer goes well for your and the grands. Sounds busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will be busy! I'll be a taxi driver. Maybe that is a good thing. I'll let you know

      Delete
  7. Sounds like May was a great month for you and I hope that June is even better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping so Wendy. It's just one day at a time for me really. When I think I am doing really good and then get hit with a wave of grief it knocks me off my feet. But I'll just keep getting back up. What else can I do??

      Delete
  8. Beautiful flower.
    I hope you get done everything you desire.
    Sometimes, it is difficult to fully commit yourself to something when you have to give your attention to many things. It's not always a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!