Thursday, May 28, 2015

Kill Alex Cross



 

 

Overview from Barnes and Nobel:

The only wayDetective Alex Cross is one of the first on the scene of the biggest case he's ever been part of. The President's son and daughter have been abducted from their school - an impossible crime, but somehow the kidnapper has done it. Alex does everything he can but is shunted to the fringes of the investigation. Someone powerful doesn't want Cross too close.
To stop Alex CrossA deadly contagion in the DC water supply threatens to cripple the capital, and Alex sees the looming shape of the most devastating attack the United States has ever experienced. He is already working flat-out on the abduction, and this massive assault pushes Cross completely over the edge.
Is to kill himWith each hour that passes, the chance of finding the children alive diminishes. In an emotional private meeting, the First Lady asks Alex to please save her kids. Even the highest security clearance doesn't get him any closer to the kidnapper - and Alex makes a desperate decision that goes against everything he believes. A full-throttle thriller with unstoppable action, unrestrained emotion, and relentless suspense, Kill Alex Cross is the most gripping Alex Cross novel James Patterson has ever written.
 
 
Some of the best books I have ever read were written by James Patterson. It was the Alex Cross books that got me hooked on reading mystery-thrillers. But this book is not one of them.
 
I hope that James Patterson is not losing the ability to write a good book. This book had two story-lines (possibly three) and none of them seem to be connected. And the title was confusing because the book had NOTHING to do with anyone trying to kill Alex Cross. This is my plea to James Patterson not to ruin the Alex Cross series. Put it to bed quietly with Alex retiring with wife Bree and children. Maybe even Nana Mama dying. But don't ruin the series for me, please!
 
I guess if you are an Alex Cross fan you should read this one. It is the 18th in the series. I hope 19 is better! I still have some catching up to do before the 23rd book comes out this November. If I can make it through the rest of them!!
 
See my other review below by Marie Kondo!


 





14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was very disappointing. But I am sure I will read the rest of them just because I have so many years invested.

      Delete
  2. Let's just hope he had a bad "day" when he wrote this one and that #19 is a lot better! I do wonder sometimes if authors get a bit weary with the same characters trying to keep things lively so to speak.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have read the reviews first. Would have saved me from being disappointed. But I'm sure I would have still read it!

      Delete
  3. Maybe Patterson should ask himself if his writing and readers bring him joy. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shows that I read both book reviews though, eh?

      Delete
    2. I thought that when I read your comment

      Delete
  4. Looking for a good book. Seems our of millions, there is not too many good ones coming out. discouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to find a really good book anymore. I want one that I just CANNOT put down until I am at the end. And then I want to WISH it had never ended!

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry. Sometimes a book is just a clunker. Let's hope that's all this is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom and I've both enjoyed Patterson's books for years. I wonder if he's just not churning them out too quickly? (Quality - not quantity, dear sir!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I am thinking might be the problem. It seems like he has a new one coming out ALL THE TIME. I hope it doesn't keep up this way or I have lost my most favorite author of all time!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!