Thursday, May 28, 2015

Dear Friday



Friday means time to write letters. Feel free to join me in Dear Friday Letters to sum up your week!


Dear Darian: I am so proud of you. You have ended your first week at your first job. And you have not complained once about how early you have to get up. Or the long days. Or of all the rain. Now I know I just won't feel right to ask you to mow and trim on your day off this weekend. So don't sweat it. Harley and I have it covered. We're doing it tomorrow. Keep dreaming about that first paycheck!!

Dear Harley: You are taking to your weekly cooking like a duck to water. Great job tonight. Not only was that the BEST hamburger helper, ever; but to also steam asparagus and open a can of cranberry sauce. 5 Stars to the chef*****

Dear Paige: Can't wait to see you and your dad on Sunday. When you guys don't come over it is such a long week. I know dad is working a bunch of overtime. Remind him of his daughter and his family here :) And I'm making brisket for you on Sunday!!

Dear Brother: Hope your trip is a good one. 2 weeks is a long visit. Getting us ready for the move aren't you? Will miss you for coffee during the week and on Sunday. Drive safe!

Dear Hot Flash: What the hell!! I thought I was over these. Where did you come from. I am just sitting here minding my own business and you sneak up on me and I am drenched. How long will this BS last? Maybe someone forgot to tell you that I am 64 years old! Go away!!

Dear Mother Nature: You really didn't think I would forget you this week, did you? I was so dismayed to hear the thunder and see the lightening last night after midnight. And then to hear it pouring outside. I will admit that I groaned loudly. But then the sun came out today and it was beautiful. More of this please.

Can't wait to see what you guys have to say this week. If you write letters let me know in the comments and I will come pay you a visit!!

18 comments:

  1. WTG to Darian on getting through his first week of work!! I bet he will enjoy that paycheck!! Good for Harley too with the cooking; got to start sometime and it seems like she's doing well with it. Ick on the hot flash; let's hope it just strayed from someone else and it won't come back again!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I like that idea that the hot flash came from someone else. Needs to go back to them

      Delete
  2. Oh dang, those lawns have to be H*** to mow after the storms you're experiencing. Props to Darian!
    Harley, I'm so glad you've a someone to show you the ropes. When I was your age, I practically wasn't allowed in the kitchen. (And now, I don't want to go!)

    Dear Paula, this too shall pass. I'm but a year older than you, but went through this BS when I was only 43 ... and I'm just now coming out the other side. I learned to simply pour another glass of vino!

    PS - Fixing to post my 'letters' in a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started into menopause at age 43 as well Myra! Had to argue with my doctor for three years because the blood tests did not show it. But believe me I knew it was menopause. I'll be over to check out your post

      Delete
  3. I love this idea of Friday letters! And I love your choices of recipient, whimsical and otherwise. Ah, yes. Hot flashes. Can't live with 'em, and, oh, what wouldn't we give to live without 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join us if you'd like Kern. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. The hot flashes have got much worse this week for me. They suck so bad!
    Our grass is so crazy high because of the rains and the ground is so wet we cant mow. UGH.
    Have a great weekend. I want some brisket. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grass was a bit wet but I cut it anyway. And yes, those hot flashes suck! Especially in all of this humidity. You are more than welcome to join us for brisket :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great week in the Kaye household!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me a little bit to grasp that "kaye" household. Hope you week is good too Wendy!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like your busy. I hope you have a great weekend. We had thunderstorms last night as well but it took the muggyness away for a bit. Hope your hot flashes go away.

    http://staceyschneller06.blogspot.com/2015/05/dear-friday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy driving people around!! This boy needs a drivers license

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good week, well, except for the weather and hot flashes. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a reader of Alex Cross from the publishing of the first book, I gave up on this series around book 14. I thought the title of this one was a good idea. Patterson is waning and this series proves it. IMNSHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I am starting to wonder the same thing

      Delete
  9. Hi Paula - what a lovely set of letters to the family ... I wish you all well with the various endeavours ... sounds like the family is wonderful ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary! Hope you have a good summer

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!