Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dear Friday



It's Friday again and time for Dear Friday! If you can to join me just let me know and I will pop over to see what you have going on.

Dear MoM: Since it is Mother's Day this Sunday, I just wanted to let you know how much I miss you. It will be 10 years this coming August since you left us. That means I have had 9 Mother's Days without you. There is so much that I want to talk to you about. I know that you would be telling me to stay strong. You would be telling me that the kids need me. And you would be telling me that I will see him again in Heaven! I miss you MOM.

Dear Mother Nature: You seem angry. You have kicked up the winds. There has been thunder and lightening. Tornadoes are bouncing all around us. Maybe you should go to therapy. And deal with those anger issues.

Dear Harley: I like that you have started cooking. You have taken Thursday nights to be your night to cook. I like that you sing and play your music while you dance in the kitchen. And even though you are using Hamburger Helper you are doing an awesome job. Tonight's was really, really good. In fact I am getting ready to go eat the left-overs for my bedtime snack.

Dear Survivor and Dancing With the Stars Fans: Man, you guys take these shows seriously. They are just reality shows. The people on these shows don't really act that way in public. I hope! And when you are tearing them apart, for their nasty behaviors, don't you think if you are doing the same thing it makes you a bit of a hypocrite? With that being said I hope Mama C wins Survivor and Rumer takes home the Mirror Ball Trophy!


Happy Friday everyone!

20 comments:

  1. I lost my mama when I was 22. It's been so long, I honestly hardly ever think about what if she were here. I had a gem of a MIL!! She was a surrogate mother to me. When I lost her, it hit me really hard. It was like all the grief from both losses caught up to me at once! I was depressed for a year. I had to claw my way out of it to find work when Pete started getting sick.

    On a lighter note, I don't like reality TV at all!! I watch TV to escape reality!

    Stopping in from Life & Faith in Caneyhead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost my dad when I was 7, so that is pretty much how I feel. I had a great MIL as well. I love reality TV. My life is a reality and I escape it by watching the train wrecks of reality TV. LOL

      Delete
  2. Good for Harley with the cooking! I bet soon she'll be venturing out with other recipes :) Be safe with the weather!! I can't believe it will be 9 years in December that my mom passed; always miss our moms I guess.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think we will always miss our Mom Betty

      Delete
  3. It is so nice when the kids get old enough to be helpmates. I have never watched Survivor but I am rooting for Rumer as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watch Survivor while the kids are at church on Wednesday. It is a crazy show. Yes, love having the kids be old enough to help

      Delete
  4. Good for the new cookerer in your kitchen. My mom taught both my brothers to cook and seriously instilled in them it was not a future wife's job to prepare all their meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brothers were taught to do all that my sister and I did. They could iron, wash clothes, clean, cook, wash dishes. They all made good husbands

      Delete
  5. I often wonder when I watch the home shows on HGTV if the folks are really that nasty or stupid, or are told to act like jacka---s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think many of these shows are somewhat scripted!

      Delete
  6. Tell me about the letter writing thing, I'm curious. Making blog round to make sure everyone knows there's a contest a foot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a way for me to wrap up my week....So I write letters on Friday to those I appreciate, those who have annoyed me or whatever else I want to address that is going on in my life! Feel free to join on Friday's

      Delete
  7. Hi there. Its 88 degrees here and humid. Had to crank on the a/c today. I hope you have a wonderful mother's day. My letters are up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 88* sounds wonderful but I'd have to complain about the humidty. We are just dreary and cloudy and in the 60's here the past few days.

      Delete
  8. My mother said something similar about Mother's Day. Her mother has been gone for almost 40 years now. (I just typed in 30 and realized I was a decade off.)

    When I started cooking, I started with Hamburger Helper, too. Great gateway meal. It's a short hop to tacos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamburger Helper is a staple at my house. I like to "doctor" it up

      Delete
  9. Now that I've 'met' you, Paula, I'm way more alert to reports of severe weather in Kansas. And ya, I've uttered more than a few prayers.
    May I add another 'atta girl!' to Harley? The visual of her singing, dancing and cooking is pretty neat. :) And yes, we STILL enjoy Hamburger Helper over here.

    PS -
    Happy Mother's Day, my friend. And happy birthday to Miss Paige tomorrow!
    I'd hoped to join Friday letters this week, but have been in a bit of a mental funk. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paige's BD is on the 16th but I don't think we'll see her next weekend so that is why we are celebrating today. We still eat Hamburger Helper here too! And Harley is enjoying learning to 'cook' with it. Happy Mother's Day to you too Myra!

      Delete
  10. You stay safe in those storms Paula!! Yikes!! I do not want to read " Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore" when I visit your blog! Way to go Harley cooking dinner once a week! I love Hamburger Helper, it is one of my favourites ever! And I hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day Paula! I did my letters very late today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hope I don't have to type "Toto...." either. Happy Mother's Day to you my friend

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!