And here is the recipe:
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 oz.) can mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomato
- sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Boil lasagna noodles in a large pot of water, until al dente, according to package directions. Drain water, then lay noodles out flat onto parchment paper.
- Meanwhile, cook and brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning (and water it calls for on packet). Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour half the can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese down the center of each lasagna noodle. Top cream cheese with a few Tablespoons of meat mixture and a little cheddar cheese. Roll up tight. Repeat with all noodles, cheese and meat mixture.
- Place lasagna rolls in the prepared baking dish. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the tops and then sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake rolls, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with all your favorite toppings!
- Yields: 8 lasagna rolls
- Seves: 4 to 8