Saturday, May 23, 2015

Beef Enchilada Lasagna Roll-Ups

Finally!!! After being on my menu plan more times than I can remember, I finally made the Beef Enchilada Lasagna Roll-Ups. And they were a big hit with the kiddos. Take my word they were honestly delicious. We are not food photographers here! But you will get the idea.



 
And here is the recipe:
 
Prep Time
25 min
Cook Time
25 min
Ingredients
  1. 8 lasagna noodles
  2. 1 pound lean ground beef
  3. 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning mix
  4. 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  5. 1 (10 oz.) can mild red enchilada sauce
  6. 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
TOPPINGS
  1. sour cream
  2. salsa
  3. diced tomato
  4. guacamole
  5. sliced olives
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Boil lasagna noodles in a large pot of water, until al dente, according to package directions. Drain water, then lay noodles out flat onto parchment paper.
  2. Meanwhile, cook and brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning (and water it calls for on packet). Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
  3. Pour half the can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  4. Spread 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese down the center of each lasagna noodle. Top cream cheese with a few Tablespoons of meat mixture and a little cheddar cheese. Roll up tight. Repeat with all noodles, cheese and meat mixture.
  5. Place lasagna rolls in the prepared baking dish. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the tops and then sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheddar cheese.
  6. Bake rolls, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with all your favorite toppings!
Notes
  1. Yields: 8 lasagna rolls
  2. Seves: 4 to 8

14 comments:

  1. They look delicious!! I'm going to make them soon. Glad they were a hit!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were. I think I am going to try them with spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese for a lasagna type roll-up too.

      Delete
  2. Tom would love these! ... after our weather cools off and I can turn on the oven again, that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very good. It is only 50* here today so was okay to turn the oven on. Let me know what Tom thinks

      Delete
  3. Very kid friendly food. Brilliant! I will ask Goodnight if she wants to try it. I love getting new ideas from other folks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids loved it. However, they were just too busy (watching TV and playing X-Box) to help me make it. It was really, really easy though

      Delete
  4. I think these will be going on my lineup soon. Thanks for sharing Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like them. We didn't use any of the toppings but I bet that would make them even better!

      Delete
  5. Sounds good, although they might be a little too spicy for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were not too spicy. The taco sauce I use is mild. They were very good

      Delete
  6. Sounds good, looks good too. I'm thinking I might like Jack Cheese for a bit more flavor over cheddar, but definately gonna try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are cheddar lovers here. But I bet another kind of cheese would work just as well.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!