Monday, April 20, 2015

My Simple Woman's DayBook-Edition April 20, 2015

For Today...
 
Today is Monday April 20, 2015


Outside my window...
 
Outside my window it is dark and the stars are shining. There are a few clouds and it is only 57* Don't you like how I say "only". LOL! I like warm weather. It is late in the evening on Monday. I usually write these on Sunday but the kids were out of school today so it felt like Sunday. Back to the grind tomorrow. And I will spend all week a day behind.


I am thinking...
 
I am thinking about how close it is until the end of the school year. This year has flown by. It was only 9 months ago tomorrow that my beloved Richard went to be with Jesus. The hurt has not lessoned one dang bit. I thought it would. Every day I miss him more than I did yesterday. Hopefully, the day will come when the pain is bearable and I am just left with the happy memories of our life together.


I am thankful...
 
There is so much that I have to be thankful for. Yet, I whine! Yes, I whine. I want more. I want things! I know that is bad. I am thankful for my little family! You all know who you are!


I am wearing...
I am wearing white capris with a deep purple top. No shoes. And surprise...no yoga pants.


I am creating...
 
As usual, I am creating this entry to my daybook and this week's menu. It won't be too hard because some of last weeks will move forward. Due to much rain Darian's campout was canceled and we ate out instead of cooking what I had on the menu.


I am going...
 
I am going to do my best to make those darn Lasagna Rolls that have been on my menu the past 3 or so weeks. I have the ingredients. I just need to make them.


I am wondering...
 
I am wondering why I go from being so up to being so down so darn quick. What the heck is that all about. I want to feel up all the time.


I am reading...
 
I am reading Eureka Street by Robert McLiam Wilson. It's subtitle says it is a "Novel of Ireland like no Other." I haven't read any books about Ireland. This is my first. I am enjoying it although I am constantly looking up words. It is a very intensely 'wordy' book. If you know what I mean. It isn't that it uses too many words. There are just so many words I don't know. But I am enjoying it, Kwizgiver! Thank you for recommending it and lending it to me. When I am all done I will be back to review it for you! 
 
 


I am hoping...
 
I don't even know anymore what it is that I am hoping for. Does that make sense? Do you have days like that? Maybe hoping isn't the word I am searching for. So I am moving on.


I am learning...
 
I am learning that dark skies will always be a part of my life. As will the bright blue!


In my garden...
 
I did not get to do much as it rained and rained and rained this past week. But there is still a lot of time.
 


In my kitchen...
 
Monday...
We had pot luck today.
 
 
Tuesday...Garlic Chicken
 
Wednesday...Kids eat at church
 
Thursday...Harley and I are going to our local garden center's Party on the Patio. We will eat there!
 
Friday...Harley is going on a church trip so Darian and I will go out for a nice meal together!
 
Saturday...Lasagna Beef roll-ups (LOL)
 
Sunday...Roast Beef, potatoes, carrots
 


 


A favorite quote for today...
 
This sums up how I feel this week!!!!


 
 
 
A peek into my upcoming week...
 
Monday...Darian has Scouts
 
Tuesday...Darian has an appointment. I need to take Harley shopping for some shorts.
 
Wednesday...my brother comes for coffee and the kids eat at church
 
Thursday...Darian joins the "Marine Babies" and Harley and I are going to Party on the Patio at our local garden center
 
Friday...Harley is going to Kansas City with her church youth group. Darian and I will go out to eat.
 
Saturday and Sunday...Justin and Paige will be here
 
 
 
 
 


One of my favorite things...
 
I cannot believe that I have been enjoying watching movies with the grandkids. My oldest brother has given up about a jillion DVD movies. This weekend we watched two that I really liked. Shooter, a 2007 action/thriller with Mark Wahlberg and The Patriot, a 2000 drama/action with Mel Gibson. I have a lot of catching up to do. But, being retired, I have a lot of time to do it.


From the board room...
 
This week I am going to share with you a pin from my Salads board that I cannot wait to make this summer. Tell me if you think this looks and sounds delightful!
 
This recipe came from a blog entitled :
 
 
She does healthy, low calorie recipes. Most look luscious.
 


Post Script
 
As you recall I am in the middle of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. We are over half-way now. Please be sure to check out my posts here. And there are lots of other bloggers all over the internet that are participating.


I am linking up with The Simple Woman's Blog.
 
 




****************************







 





 

12 comments:

  1. I have to check out that blog with Debby does dinner; that picture looked delicious! LOL, I get it about whining; I have so much to be grateful for too but do whine more than I should :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know that I have company when whining!!

      Delete
  2. Grief is a strange bedfellow Paula.....give yourself as much time as you need and be glad that you are having "up" days. Slowly but surely they will overtake the "down" days...it just takes time. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. My head knows all that. My heart is learning slowly!

      Delete
  3. Lasagna rolls sounds yummy! I liked The Shooter as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi. I hope your week is a great one too!

      Delete
  4. Lasagna roll ups are easier than lasagna, says my sister, the cook. Let us know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are as good as all that I am talking about them here!!

      Delete
  5. Yumm, let us know how the lasagna rolls turn out. I cant imagine what you're going through and I am so sorry you're having dark days. Whining is allowed right now. Totally!!
    I love the name Harley by the way! Sending hugs and I'm a follower on your blog now. Sorry I thought I joined last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holli! When they named Harley the day she was born I really thought my son had lost his mind. Now I love her name. Thanks for becoming a follower!

      Delete
  6. Fellow whiner here, and trying not to be. Sometimes, I feel like I should wear a rubber band on my wrist and give it a big snap when I find myself whining and complaining. I sure would love to feel up all the time, but you know what? I think those people in my life who always seem to be up, are not always as up as they seem. And then people think their "up" friends are so happy all the time, that when they do feel upset, or worried or scared, they are met with the "How can you be feeling that way you are always so happy". Like, people don't take it seriously. Does that make sense? I am thinking about a specific person in my life who is just like this. Maybe I am way off base with this, I'm not sure. Just thinking out loud! You aren't wearing yoga pants??? WHAT???? LOL! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie and Good morning my friend. I love when you come and leave me comments. It is just like sitting across the table with a cup of coffee. Won't it be great if we get to do that someday. I like the idea of the rubber band on the wrist. But I am afraid of how many times a day I would have to snap it.....ouch, ouch, ouch!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!