Monday, April 13, 2015

My Simple Woman's DayBook-April 13th Edition

For Today...
 
Today is Monday, April 13, 2015. The month of April is half over. What??? How can this be?? I think it is the A to Z Blogging Challenge that makes it seem the month is flying by. If you are here for the challenge you can scroll down to see my post on the letter K. Or just click on the Box above that says Lessons From Life A to Z 2015 and it will take you to all my posts so far.


Outside my window...
 
Outside my window, today, the sky is hazy. Cloudy. Bright. But no sun. The temperature is 55* and climbing. We had rain over the weekend so the humidity is at 47%. I don't think we have more storms forecasted. We did have winds, lightening, thunder, and small hail this weekend. Normal for this time of year in Kansas.


I am thinking...
 
I am thinking of putting on my old clothes and going outside and pull weeds out of the front flower bed later today. Then I will go to the grocery store. Maybe!


I am thankful...
 
I am thankful for each day that I wake up in the morning. Do you ever wake up, stretch, and think of, boy, here is another day? I did that this morning. And I meant it. Not like the days when I say....oh, Lord, another day and go back to sleep. Today is a good day!!


I am wearing...
 
I am wearing black yoga shorts and a teal colored tee shirt. Barefoot! This is probably how I will be until summer ends!


I am creating...
 
Today, as usual, I am creating this entry into my Simple Woman's Daybook. Along with my weekly menu. It is what I create on Mondays!


I am going...
 
I am going to work outside, do some laundry, and try to get to the grocery store. Or, I am going to stand up, pour myself another cup of Vanilla cream coffee and tread over to the recline and read a chapter or two from my book. Which do you think I will actually do?


I am wondering...
 
I am wondering if I will ever get more energy. I think it might have something to do with the weight I am carrying around. Or possibly the pills I take to help me sleep. Or maybe just a part of the grieving process. I just seem to not really want to do much of anything.


I am reading...
 
I am reading Eureka Street by Robert McLiam Wilson. It takes place in Ireland. I haven't gotten but a few pages read so far. I just finished Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz. If you want to read my review you can go here.
 
 


I am hoping...
 
I am hoping for a good week in school for the grandkids. They are in the final 6 weeks. This is the time when they don't want to finish homework, work on book reports, do their projects. Their minds, much like mine, wanders to the lazy days of summer which are ahead. I will have to get the whip out and keep them on task. LOL!


I am learning...
 
I am learning to LET GO! It isn't an easy lesson for me to learn. I tend to keep on a topic until everyone is sick of hearing about it. I have to just let some things go. An example is Darian and his math grade. He isn't going to excel at math. I didn't! His dad didn't. So what. He just needs to pass the class and then he is done with math! No more unless he wants to take it.


In my garden...
 
First I am going to concentrate on my flower beds. I have to get them cleaned out. The front bed, where the hostas are poking through the ground, needs weeded. And then I will divide the hostas and fill in the empty spaces. And if I have more left I will fill in on the side flower bed. I haven't examined that bed yet to see if there are any hostas poking through the ground. Or if my hydrangea is going to make it this year. The back flowerbed has gerbera daisies already blooming and it needs cleaned out and re-mulched. This is one of those tender perennials that doesn't usually survive our cold Zone 6 temperatures but this bed is up near the house and covered in leaves. This will be the 6th year these daisies have returned. After that I will look at the lilies. I do know a few of them are back.
 


In my kitchen...
 
Monday...Leftovers...made too much spaghetti yesterday!
 
Tuesday...Cream Cheese chicken ( I didn't make it last week)
 
Wednesday...Kids eat at church. I'll pick up a quickie salad at Taco Bell. Yum! Love those.
 
Thursday...Cheesy Enchilada skillet with tortillas 
 
Friday...Bacon and tomato sandwiches with chips
 
Saturday...Harley and granny night out (Darian will be at a Boy Scout Camp this weekend)
 
Sunday...Lasagna beef roll ups (I know, I know, this is the 3rd week these are on the menu. I hope to get them made this time)
 


 


A favorite quote for today...
 
 


A peek into one of my days...
 
We don't have much of anything going on this week. Just a normal week! Except for Darian's campout over the weekend.


One of my favorite things...
 
One of my favorite things is digging in the dirt. I wish it wasn't so hard to get on my hands and knees but I have a little cart that I sit on and move along the sides of the flower beds. If I need to get closer, then I just sit on the ground and r..e..a..c..h! Then the challenge is to get up! LOL. But putting my hands into the warm earth and seeing the wiggling worns, the rolly pollys, and the roots always relaxes me. I like pulling weeds too. Just NOT Bermuda grass. When it gets into my flower beds and I have to get rid of it I swear those roots go all the way to China. Any good tips on keeping Bermuda out of my flower beds? It is the grass that grows in my lawn.


From the board room...
 
Today I was looking at my Pinterest Bathrooms
board and found this cute way to hang towels in the bathroom I can't give credit for the picture because the blog has been removed. But I might try sewing some of these onto the kids towels and hang a bar with these hooks in the bathroom. And then encourage the kiddos to hang their towels and use them all week.
 
I'm sure it would work just as well if I didn't sew loops onto them. I just like the idea here!
 
What do you think? Do you have towel rods or hooks in your bathroom? We currently have rods but I want hooks!
 









 

Post Script

 
I have really found that I enjoy memorizing Bible verses. And they say that using your brain like this will ward off dementia. This will be my third verse I have done with the Do Not Depart group. You should check them out. I use the ScriptureTyper site to help with memorizing. I love this site. And my typing skills are improving too!

I am linking up with The Simple Woman's Blog. Go over and meet Peg
 




****************************




20 comments:

  1. I say you go grab a cup of coffee and read!! Perfect thing to do on a gloomy day! We don't have a rod or hooks in the bathroom... the towels go up on the laundry bin/drying rack. When the boys were home, we only had 2 towels each, so they knew they had to make sure they were hung up to dry, as that was it for them until laundry day... and NO using others towels if they forgot!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good plan. I want to make a row of hooks. Maybe it is because I like the way it looks. I did read. And I got caught up on my Bible reading. And I took a shower with the wonderful soap that I am going to review for Petoskey and Pine. Come back on April 27th for my review and for a give-away!

      Delete
  2. Oh I really like the idea of hooks in the bathroom for towels better! That is really cool! Did you get outside to weed today? I find that using cedar mulch helps keep the grass down a lot, but you have to get it all out first, and that is a pain in the butt! I love digging in the dirt too, unless I find spider nests, that is just awful. Let go....my that can be hard...I struggle with this too. I find it so hard to get school done with Devin at this time of year, and we are already behind. ugh...... have a great week Paula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! Nope, I didn't get outside. It started sprinkling so I just took a shower and read. Now I want a nap. But its so close to evening I'll try to hold off. Yikes spider nests. I will get cedar mulch to see if that helps. It's hard to get it ALL out though. You have a great week too my friend

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad toay was a good day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly hope you like Eureka Street. It's one of my favorites. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I do! The speech of the Irish is taking me a bit to get used to!

      Delete
  5. We're moving at the end of this month, so April is going to FLY by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's neat that you woke up realizing today was going to be a "good" one! It's been 15 years now, but following the break-up with a 2-year relationship with "Mr. Wrong" I had exactly one of those crystal clear moments: "It's a good day; I can't wait to see what's next."
    That lack of energy? My gut votes for it being part of the grieving process. Be gentle with yourself, please!

    Meanwhile, I'll be over here humming that song about having spring fever (from Oklahoma, remember?) on behalf of Darian and Harley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you took a bit of time today to do some reading :) I always like when I don't make something one week; it puts me ahead of next week's menu planning.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how I feel as well Betty! This week I was two days ahead....

      Delete
  8. Always so much fun to read your Day Book entry. As for the towels, I have hooks, but I have an over the door hanger with hooks so I didn't have to make holes . . . in case I wanted to change my mind. The over the door hanger has been there fifteen years. I don't have ribbons on the towels, but that adds a nice touch and could distinguish the towels of different family members, but GN has her hooks and I have mine. Grief takes time, my friend. You are still dealing with the first year . . . the first this and the first that, even if it does not register consciously, our hearts remember for us. Take your time. We get to go through this however we need to . . . within legal and practical limits, of course. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gram. I am so glad that you enjoy them. I think of the entries as a sort of diary of my life. Maybe someday, when I become rich and famous, these entries will help me to write my book. LOL. And thank you so much for reminding me that grief takes times. I really don't know anyone who has lost their husband,(other than my sister, but that is another story) and I am not sure if it grief I am feeling or other complicating things! Thank you for reminding me that I will get through it

      Delete
  9. Gerber daisies. My grandfather loved them. I put a bunch, tied with a few strands of my hair, in his coffin. Spring always makes me think of him...he loved me, and I'll never forget that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard loved the Gerber daisies too Lisa. I will think of him and your grandpa now when mine poke through the ground. They are already so pretty! I just need to uncover them

      Delete
  10. Hi Paula,
    What a wonderful narration,
    Start with the sunny day to bathroom hooks and oh my God so many things you jotted down.
    Great going!
    Keep writing
    Best
    ~Philip

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!