Ten on Tuesday: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Today Carole has us searching for a leprechaun so we can steal his pot of gold. She even did research to find that a pot of gold would be worth $335,000. Now she wants to know what would be Ten Things I would Buy if I found a Pot of Gold! $335,00 is a lot of money but if won't last forever and it won't buy everything I want so I will have to spend it wisely for sure!
1. The first thing I would do if I had a bunch of money lying around needing to be spent, without a thought of groceries, gas, or utility bills....I would go to the dentist and get all my teeth fixed. I would love to have a mouth-full of 'pearly whites.'
2. I would put hardwood floors throughout my house. Right now I have carpet in every single room but the baths and the entry way. Yes, even in the kitchen there is carpet. And white carpet to boot! I can't even imagine who was so dumb as to chose white carpet throughout a house. (cough*cough* it couldn't have been me)!
3. I would purchase a very good, used pick-up truck for Darian to drive. And when he leaves for the Marines, I would pass it on to Harley! We need a pick-up truck around this house to haul things to the dump.
4. A week long vacation to the beach somewhere for just me! Take along my Nook with lots of unread books, my sunglasses, unlimited island style drinks and eats. Oh sweet heaven!!
5. Then after I was fully refreshed from my week at the beach, I would take my grandkids and we'd go on another vacation. And they get to pick where. Maybe a cruise! I think they would like that. To an exotic island somewhere. With diving, snorkeling, and more lying on the beach for granny.
6. I would get myself a new car. The one I now have is 15 years old with almost 120,000 miles and is beginning to need work. One more new car should last me until the end of my life. Don't you think?
7. I would hire someone to come in and paint all the interior walls and woodwork in my house. It really needs painting and since that is not one of my favorite things to do I keep putting it off.
8. I would get some new furniture for the entire house. New tables, chairs, beds, and the works. I cannot imagine having everything new at one time. But with all these walls freshly painted and my new hardwood floors I would need new furniture.
9. I would buy Justin a new car. He does a lot of driving from his house to ours and his current car needs to be replaced.....
10. If there is anything left (which I told you it wouldn't last long) I'd put it into the grandkids college funds. I don't believe in paying for their entire education but I do like to help. Don't you think they appreciate it more and work harder if they are paying for some of their education?
Wow! That was quick! But well spent. Now excuse me while I go pack for the beach!