Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Ten on Tuesday
Ten on Tuesday: Today the premise is that we are having a dinner party and we can invite 10 fictional characters. Here is who I would invite.
1-2. Alex and Nana Mama Cross from James Patterson's Alex Cross books. I think he would have some fascinating stories to tell. Some of them might have to wait until after dinner so he wouldn't ruin our appetites. And Nana Mama is such a spit-fire. She'd be a joy to have at any dinner.
3. Alice from Still Alice. I would want her to know she is still Alice. A person to be valued. No matter that she has Alzheimer's.
4. Ayla from The Clan of the Cave Bear series. She would be so amazed at all the changes that have been made since she was alive so many, many, many years ago.
5. Tom Joad from The Grapes of Wrath so he could share with us his adventures of the Dust Bowl days when his family traveled to California to seek The American Dream.
6. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird...he would be the voice of reason and calm at this rambunctious dinner party.
7. Tom Sawyer....I'm a sucker for colorful characters and we know what tales this guy would bring.
8. Huck Finn...he'd need to be there to help keep Tom under control. Ha! Ha! Or to help him get into mischief.
9. Nancy Drew...just because she was such a close childhood friend. How could I not invite her?
10. Sherlock Holmes...he is the greatest detective of all time. And I love detectives!!
Now that is sure not a balanced dinner table. Not enough women. Oh well, that is just how it goes sometimes. I have to get busy and plan the menu now. Tell me who would you invite?