Monday, March 2, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook-March 2nd Edition

 
How can we not love Mondays? It is a quiet, peaceful day following the weekend. This past weekend we did not have Justin and Paige here because we had a snowstorm. Yipee! More snow. Just what we love! Not very positive is it?

For Today....

Monday, March 2, 2015

Outside my window...

It is a dull, grey, over-cast day. Snow covers the ground. Patches of brown peek through. The air is freezing cold. There is a light wind.

I am thinking....

I am thinking about getting the mantle cleared of Valentines decorations.

In the kitchen...

Monday...Potato Soup
Tuesday...Bierocks
Wednesday...church
Thursday...Chili and Sausage Frittata
Friday...Winter Jam 
Saturday...Tuna Casserole
Sunday...Chicken and Noodles

I am thankful...

I am thankful we did not get the "big" snowstorm that was predicted. Only about 3 inches. And so far no freezing rain. For that I am thankful.

I am wearing...

I am wearing my dark grey yoga pants and a green pattern empire shirt.

I am creating...

I am creating my March mantel in my mind. Then I will need to 'shop the house' for it to come together.

I am going....

I am going to put away the laundry and sit down with my book. Hope to finish it today.

I am reading...

I am reading Gray Mountain by John Grisham.

I am wondering...

I am wondering what Bible verses I will want to memorize this month. Any suggestions?

I am hoping...

I am hoping the tutoring for Darian will pay off this week. He says that it is helping. But the test tomorrow will tell.

I am looking forward to...

I am looking forward to the Bierocks this week.  I didn't get them made last week but the dough is rising right now in the kitchen. If it rises enough today I will make them for our dinner. If not, I will switch the menu around and we will have them tomorrow.

I am learning...

I am learning that it is okay now to always succeed with my goals. If I don't get it done today there is always tomorrow. And that is just the way it's going to be.

Around the house....

The 14-week challenge is focusing on closets right now. This is always a good thing to do in the spring. Then we know what clothes we need for summer. I am sure Harley needs everything as she has taken a growth spurt. Egads, the girl is already 5'7" tall.

I am pondering...

I am pondering my March decorations. St. Patrick's Day or spring?? Oh the choices!

A favorite quote for today...



One of my favorite things....

I love collecting quotes. It has always been one of my favorite things. They speak to me!

A few plans for the rest of the week...

Yipee, winter sports are over. Darian has tutoring and a therapist appointment. The kids are going to Winter Jam on Friday...so another busy week ahead.

A peek into my day...


Remembering this day so long ago when Meadow was only 1! Before Richard had a stroke.


 
Won't you go visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog. 


 


22 comments:

  1. Too cute the picture you shared, Paula :) 1 Corinthians chapter 13 is a good one to memorize. I had it memorized but "lost" it because I didn't keep up with it. Glad you guys didn't get the big storm predicted. We are having cold weather with snow that is not really sticking to the ground yet. Hoping for a warm up quick here :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! That will be my memory verses this month. I have added them to my scripture typer. Along with Psalms 27 for review so maybe I won't lose it.

      Delete
  2. I too love collecting quotes!! and reading books of quotations. I was looking through some today at the bookstore!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the quote - I'm possible!!! And, I love John Grisham, too; haven't read Gray Mountain yet...I have so many books here that I need to read and "recycle" before I buy anymore!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have about 50 pages left to read. This hasn't been one of my favorite John Grisham books but it's been okay

      Delete
  4. I shouldn't be reading all of these blogs right now.... all the food items you all are posting are sounding so very good to me! I am hungry and just might go start dinner now, and then have the hubby reheat his once he gets home.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens to me too Jodi. The more I read the hungrier I get

      Delete
  5. I just love that quote! I like to collect quotes too, I have way too many pinned on Pinterest! I was wanting to use it on our sign at the church we used to go to, but couldn't fit it on. I am very glad you didn't get freezing rain. Oh how I hate freezing rain! I really hope spring starts to show up soon, for both of us. Meadow is such a sweetie and I love her name. Good luck to Darian on the test! Have a wonderful week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is a great place to collect quotes! Meadow is a sweetie. She is now almost 5. Hard to believe. I hope you have a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  6. I love how your quotes are reflecting your goal of giving up negativity for Lent. Not sure if you're consciously meaning to do that, but it's cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't conscious. And I will keep trying to give up that negativity!!!!

      Delete
  7. I love quotes, as well! Pinterest is a great resource, but when I go to looking for something specific, it eludes me.
    Giving up negativity for Lent is a great one! (Being a half-empty person myself, I envy your resolve.)
    Crossing my fingers and toes for Darian's good test results, tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my fingers and toes crossed to Myra!!

      Delete
  8. I vote for memorizing John 11:35, since you have a busy week ahead of you. ;-) We're done with winter sports here, too. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! That is a good one. I have it memorized already. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  9. I thought you might already know that one, but . . . it was in the spirit of your busy week that I offered it. I remembered it from an old episode of The Waltons where they had to memorized Bible verses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know the name and number so had to look it up...But yes that was easy to memorize!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing your week.....and for the reminder that I want to make those bierocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made them yesterday Wendy. They were delicious!!

      Delete
  11. My Mom made bierocks!!!! Only we called them brioches. :) We come from Scandinavian roots, not German, so maybe that's the difference. But they're the same thing. Cabbage- and hamburger-filled rolls. Yummo.
    thanks for sharing your Daybook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in Voni. That is probably the only difference. The name!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!